Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Korean war vet's property gets raided without a warrant
Korean war vet's property gets raided without a warrant
2005-08-14, 3:24 PM #1
http://www.arcticbeacon.com/articles/article/1518131/31440.htm
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-08-14, 3:29 PM #2
Yay! I for one am looking forward to Bush taking over as tyrant of America and imposinga police-state. Who's with me?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-14, 3:36 PM #3
Yes, because Bush somehow got power over the two other branches of government.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-14, 3:41 PM #4
The dude being a Korean war veteran is completely irrelevant.

What about all of us that aren't war veterans? Are we somehow more legitimately suspicious than veterans?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-08-14, 3:43 PM #5
This was a hardly a police state issue ordered by the president... They said in the article the news station seems to be extremely unpopular to the conservation area it reaches, my guess is unhappy listeners were calling in phony calls to the police to give them some reason to be looking for illegal substances on his property. He didn't get arrested so i don;t really see what the issue was.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2005-08-14, 3:45 PM #6
Mort-Hog, indeed you are correct on that part about vets. On average people who fought in BIG past wars, WW2, Vietnam and Korean are looked at with a "higher" respect than just people who served in the armed forces.

Originally posted by TwistedSoul:
This was a hardly a police state issue ordered by the president... They said in the article the news station seems to be extremely unpopular to the conservation area it reaches, my guess is unhappy listeners were calling in phony calls to the police to give them some reason to be looking for illegal substances on his property. He didn't get arrested so i don;t really see what the issue was.

The guy is 77. What's to say that them storming his property like that without a warrant, he doesn't have a heart attack?
2005-08-14, 3:49 PM #7
I'm skeptical of any news published exclusively by an outlet with an @aol.com e-mail address.
2005-08-14, 3:53 PM #8
Originally posted by Argath:
I'm skeptical of any news published exclusively by an outlet with an @aol.com e-mail address.

Good point.
2005-08-14, 4:00 PM #9
Originally posted by Argath:

Indeed.
2005-08-14, 4:10 PM #10
Our tax dollars at work. :rolleyes: Morons.

On the other hand, I doubt this actually happed. You'd see CNN et. all gleefully reporting on it for the next 10 years.
2005-08-14, 6:24 PM #11
Quote:
I was weeding my garden...
Well, I think that's probable cause...
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-08-14, 10:15 PM #12
The Bush thing and the raid are coincidence.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-14, 11:29 PM #13
I love situations like this. Just a worthless article with no real reliability whatsoever and people are immediately placing it as irrefutable evidence that the US is an Imperialistic piece of trash. Not very mature...
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-15, 6:30 AM #14
Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
I love situations like this. Just a worthless article with no real reliability whatsoever and people are immediately placing it as irrefutable evidence that the US is an Imperialistic piece of trash. Not very mature...

Actually most of the people in this thread said that they don't trust this article.
D E A T H
2005-08-15, 7:29 AM #15
hahaha, I love the diction in this. The eight "heavy-handed looking group of law enforcement thugs" didn't just enter his property, they 'swarmed'. I'm sorry, but I can't imagine eight guys 'swarming' anything.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-15, 7:57 AM #16
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Actually most of the people in this thread said that they don't trust this article.[/QUOTE]

If you can notice, I wasn't directing it towards "most of the people in this thread."

I was obviously directing it towards those who were spouting off as if it were reliable information, what part makes you think otherwise?...
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-15, 7:59 AM #17
Fake or not, wouldn't surprise me.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-15, 8:08 AM #18
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
I'm sorry, but I can't imagine eight guys 'swarming' anything.

Maybe he lives in a tool shed. Eight guys can swarm a tool shed.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-15, 8:35 AM #19
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
What about all of us that aren't war veterans? Are we somehow more legitimately suspicious than veterans?

I know I am.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-08-15, 9:08 PM #20
It never happened, he was smoking pot at the time, and never called bush, he called another guy and called him a liar...
Nothing to see here, move along.

↑ Up to the top!