Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Possible change in iPod's menu system?
Possible change in iPod's menu system?
2005-08-16, 11:40 AM #41
patent question.

Did apple (and subsequently microsoft) just attempt to patent folders?

I mean.. that's basically what it is. You have a "Music" folder, and then an "Artists" folder.. and then the song names.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-08-16, 11:40 AM #42
It's not irreplacable.. I've replaced two myself. It's quite easy actually.

(batteries I'm speaking of.. stupid page turn.)
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-08-16, 1:00 PM #43
Originally posted by fishstickz:
It's not irreplacable.. I've replaced two myself. It's quite easy actually.

(batteries I'm speaking of.. stupid page turn.)

I was under the impression you had to send it in to Apple. Or is it only on the older generation?
D E A T H
2005-08-16, 1:42 PM #44
You can replace it yourself but it voids the warranty... which doesn't really that much because the warranty lasts for the first year anyway, and the battery is free under the warranty.
former entrepreneur
2005-08-16, 3:18 PM #45
I've never really liked the ipods, there's something cheesy about them. I literally bought a sony Nw-hd3 20 minutes ago, I really can't wait to get it. :)

(Patenting things sucks. If someone patented a wheel, people'd say it's dumb. But when you patent odd things... it's not? Where's the freedom to create?)
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.

↑ Up to the top!