Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bush's neighbor fires gun while near protestors
Bush's neighbor fires gun while near protestors
2005-08-15, 3:02 PM #1
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050815070609990001&ncid=NWS00010000000001

Gotta admit, he had the right idea. And I love how its legal to fire a gun on your own land randomly like that.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-08-15, 3:04 PM #2
He's not within city limits, which is where it's typically illegal to fire firearms as he did. If he had hit someone, yes, then he would have been arrested.

As it is, I think the guy's an *******.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-15, 3:09 PM #3
I don't understand what the big deal is.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-15, 3:09 PM #4
Hey if I can't drive down the road to my house because a crap load of protestors I'd be pissed too.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-08-15, 3:10 PM #5
ahh, Texas.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-15, 3:13 PM #6
I like that guy.

2005-08-15, 3:28 PM #7
Originally posted by THRAWN:
Hey if I can't drive down the road to my house because a crap load of protestors I'd be pissed too.

I dunno. Ever played chicken with a bunch of obnoxious inconsiderate protesters?
2005-08-15, 3:43 PM #8
Considering out there it's probably privately owned land that they were protesting on, they could be accountable for loitering and thus the farmer has reason to make sure nobody's going to bother his property.

The protest sounds pretty stupid though, why protest in farmland? You'll just be a nuisance. Do they expect Bushy to be out there milking a cow? No, he'd be in Washington milking politics.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-15, 3:45 PM #9
Well, not all the time in Washington. He does take a lot of trips back to his ranch.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-15, 3:45 PM #10
"Bushy" is at his Texas ranch. [Edit: yeah what he said]

2005-08-15, 4:24 PM #11
Well I'm siding with the farmer on this one. Seems reasonable enough and I don't see why you think it's ridiculous that it's legal to fire a gun randomly on your own property. Why shouldn't it be legal?
2005-08-15, 4:36 PM #12
I don't care who's on my property -- I can shoot whenever I feel like it. Just did the other day, actually..had some friends over..AR15, SKS, 10/22, Mossberg 12ga, Colt .45, Glock 17, Glock 22 & others out there :D

It's not as dangerous as everybody (reporters) wants you to think. :)
woot!
2005-08-15, 4:46 PM #13
I love his response when questioned about it too.

Quote:
I ain't threatening nobody, and I ain't pointing a gun at nobody. This is Texas.

Found off the Fox News website if anyone cares about my source.
Life is beautiful.
2005-08-15, 8:13 PM #14
I LOVE that quote.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-08-15, 8:16 PM #15
That's how they do it down in Texass.
2005-08-15, 8:30 PM #16
Go just a lil more south, till you hit "Norte de Mexico" and then you can kill people without legal mumbo jumbo...
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-08-15, 8:33 PM #17
On a related note... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050815/ap_on_re_us/peace_mom_divorce
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-08-15, 8:34 PM #18
Most of the protestors are idiots! I mean, they had a relative who got killed in the war, and blame Bush? Thats totally IDIOTIC! I mean, what the heck were they expecting? That this was AA:O? If someone goes to war, they usually got a 50/50 chance, even though the U.S. is more like 87/13 chances, our favor, but still, a 13% chance. If it were me, I wouldn't fire no gun into the air, I'd use a BAZOOKA!
2005-08-15, 8:36 PM #19
That's awsome!!! I love that neighbor!
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-08-15, 8:37 PM #20
That relative joined a voluntary army and knew the risks.... protesting is stupid and probably disgraceful to a son who would never have protested.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-08-15, 8:41 PM #21
"She wants to ask Bush what cause her son died for and ask why he hasn't encouraged his daughters to join the military."

1.- "what cause her son died for..."
Well, lets me see... Terrorists are in Iraq, terrorists want to kill us all... so should we just stay out of Iraq, let them control it, let Saddam Huesein keep his reign of terror, and also importatnt, let the terrorist stay there?... worth thinking out... but the short simple answer is: He died to defend his contry... to defend his ideals and beliefs, and honorably died for some one else... thats an American Soldier.

2.- "why he hasn't encouraged his daughters to join the military"
If I was Bush, I'd ask her this question: "Did you encourage your son to join the military?
2005-08-15, 9:09 PM #22
It might have been ole' Uncle Ted....he dosn't live far from there. :)
666, The Number of the Beast.
664, The Bloke Next Door.
Matt Bonner, The Lebron Killer
2005-08-15, 10:10 PM #23

You'd also make 4 threads about how you're going to sue everyone who blocked your path.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-15, 10:15 PM #24
Stupid anti-war-protesters! :mad:
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-15, 10:24 PM #25
Quote:
"This is history in the making, and it's hard to walk away from that," said Bohlen, whose son, Thor, has been in Iraq for a month.
Ok, seriously. Who the hell names their kid Thor?
2005-08-15, 10:29 PM #26
One of my friend's little brother is named Thor, and another friend's dog
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-08-15, 11:13 PM #27
[Gotta admit, he had the right idea. And I love how its legal to fire a gun on your own land randomly like that.

Prett damn cool, isn't it.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-16, 6:09 AM #28
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
"She wants to ask Bush what cause her son died for and ask why he hasn't encouraged his daughters to join the military."

1.- "what cause her son died for..."
Well, lets me see... Terrorists are in Iraq, terrorists want to kill us all... so should we just stay out of Iraq, let them control it, let Saddam Huesein keep his reign of terror, and also importatnt, let the terrorist stay there?... worth thinking out... but the short simple answer is: He died to defend his contry... to defend his ideals and beliefs, and honorably died for some one else... thats an American Soldier.

2.- "why he hasn't encouraged his daughters to join the military"
If I was Bush, I'd ask her this question: "Did you encourage your son to join the military?

Were the terrorists in Iraq before we invaded? Many of the suicide bombers there are coming from other countries.
Capitalization
Commas
Periods
Question Marks
Apostrophes
Confusable Words
Plague Words
2005-08-16, 6:14 AM #29
Originally posted by lordvader:
Were the terrorists in Iraq before we invaded? Many of the suicide bombers there are coming from other countries.

Actually, they found abandoned Al Queada camps at the begining of the war... and why would the terrorists care about Iraq if they had no relation?... sounds like the U.S. is on to something.
2005-08-16, 6:24 AM #30
... and why would the terrorists care about Iraq if they had no relation?

They see the US, Britain, Australia, whoever else as infidels thay need to get the hell out of their holy land. Or something like that, I'm sure some bright spark will correct me if I'm miles off the track.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-08-16, 7:45 AM #31
Actually, they found abandoned Al Queada camps at the begining of the war... and why would the terrorists care about Iraq if they had no relation?... sounds like the U.S. is on to something.

BECAUSE THE US IS THERE
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-08-16, 7:45 AM #32
I like the way this guy thinks...
yay for not posting much ever
2005-08-16, 8:31 AM #33
This just paints a wonderful image for us Texans, you might as well tell everyone we all still ride horses at the same time. When I was up in Indianapolis, I actually told one of the locals there that we have horse tie-ups at our Wal-Marts... and he believed me! :eek:

This just doesn't help at all. Still, that dude is pretty cool.

Now excuse me while I go clean my guns and rustle some cattle.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-08-16, 9:26 AM #34
Originally posted by JudgeDredd:
This just paints a wonderful image for us Texans, you might as well tell everyone we all still ride horses at the same time. When I was up in Indianapolis, I actually told one of the locals there that we have horse tie-ups at our Wal-Marts... and he believed me! :eek:

This just doesn't help at all. Still, that dude is pretty cool.

Now excuse me while I go clean my guns and rustle some cattle.

I lived in Texas for 11 years, and while I certainly don't consider myself one, and realize that it's not Little House on the Prairie anymore, I must say this - Texans are one of the proudest "people" you will ever meet.

Whenever we meet a Texan outside of Texas (which is rare) one of the first things they generally say is "I'm a Texan." Many of our friends there are even proud to say how they've NEVER left the country in their lives, some haven't even left the state. My sister was born there, and when she was young, people would ask her "Are you an American?" (because me and my family are British) and she'd say "I'm not American, I'm a Texan!" :p

Even in 8th grade, you have a whole year of TEXAN HISTORY - I mean how much is there to talk about - a WHOLE YEAR! :eek: It just blows my mind that one group of people can be so (not nationalistic) but so ... "statistic" :p

So in summary, don't get me wrong, we have a lot of friends in Texas, good people, but definately not a place I'd like to continue to live in. I'm happier in North Carolina now, thanks! :D
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-08-16, 9:48 AM #35
that first picture looks like a bad photoshop...
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-08-16, 9:50 AM #36
People in Texas scare me. It's like another country over there. >.<
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-16, 4:35 PM #37
Be afraid......be very afraid lol.
666, The Number of the Beast.
664, The Bloke Next Door.
Matt Bonner, The Lebron Killer
2005-08-16, 4:47 PM #38
Wow, you guys are punks. You guys didn't even comment on the link I posted about the husband of the "peace mom" who is filing for divorce!
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-08-16, 5:07 PM #39
We had a year of Utah history in school.
2005-08-16, 5:30 PM #40
Originally posted by KegZ:
They see the US, Britain, Australia, whoever else as infidels thay need to get the hell out of their holy land.

Doubtful that they see Iraq as a holy land, as both Mecca and Medina are in Saudi Arabia. More likely, they've been called by their imams to "defend their religion" against outside influences.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!