Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm a poor Mexican American...
I'm a poor Mexican American...
2005-08-15, 9:05 PM #1
... who is going to a kung fu contest in a couple of months, yay!!!!!! My profesor like my progress, and I've changed my life alot, I play less video games, drink tea instead of soda, eat less, work out all day in the gym, take on any challenge... I even started to no longer like Jedi Knight... ahh I got a life finally... Also... I would like to apologize for all the stupid MMORPG threads I made... why? Cause its stupid to make a game really... I've a lot of things recently... and just find my life which I considered dead, more... interesting... just to let you know and apologize... thats all. So, have you people ever done any stupid things in your life too? If so, please share them...
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-08-15, 9:08 PM #2
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
have you people ever done any stupid things in your life too? If so, please share them...

Well I did read your whole post...
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-08-15, 9:12 PM #3
Yes, we all know that making games is entirely stupid, even though there are hundreds of programmers who make money doing these stupid things :rolleyes: .

Just for the record, I'm hoping to make games professionally someday, right now it's just a hobby, but I really wouldn't consider it stupid.
2005-08-15, 9:15 PM #4
So, SF_GoldG_01 is posting this because he recently discovered that there is something called a social life?...
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-15, 9:15 PM #5
I mean they are stupid because the have a 0% beneficiality... they don't teach you anything, help you do anything, save lives or nothing, they are just a waste of time and money... and sometimes they can really have a negative feedback...
2005-08-15, 9:15 PM #6
I'm a martial artist.

I still play JK and go here.
2005-08-15, 9:15 PM #7
Originally posted by Echoman:
So, SF_GoldG_01 is posting this because he recently discovered that there is something called a social life?...

Had one, hated it, and then found Massassi, things evolved, and now I found my true path again....
2005-08-15, 9:18 PM #8
....you hated your social life and ditched it...? Then you found it again...?

...okay...
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-15, 9:20 PM #9
Had one, hated it, and then found Massassi, things evolved, and now I found my true path again....

I'm confused in your contridiction.

Quote:
...I got a life finally...
2005-08-15, 9:23 PM #10
Ok I really don't get this...

You say you are apologizing for the mmorpg threads because making games is stupid? Why is that the reason your apologizing? You should be apologizing because you made stupid threads about a fake mmorpg that you weren't actually going to make, not because "games are stupid". And games might be somewhat of a waste of time, but as long as you don't play them as much as everyone on here does, they are a good thing. Its entertainment after all.

Also, how is working out all day and changing your eating habits any form of a social life?? I hate the notion that as long as you aren't on the computer all the time, you have a "social life". Social life requires friends, not working out all day.
2005-08-15, 9:29 PM #11
It could be argued that working out in the gym all day is stupid too. :rolleyes: Go away troll.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-15, 9:29 PM #12
not to mention the JK fanfilm...

[zomg anovis futureposted]
Moo.
2005-08-15, 9:47 PM #13
I mean they are stupid because the have a 0% beneficiality... they don't teach you anything, help you do anything, save lives or nothing, they are just a waste of time and money... and sometimes they can really have a negative feedback...

How incredibly wrong you are.

Games today engage the mind in more cognitive thought than any other activity that a kid can do. This includes reading a book, playing sports etc. The difference between playing video games and reading a book or working out is that the video game allows you to make your own choices, develop your own path, making your mind think of ways to accomplish goals, etc. Reading books may engage you in thought, but still doesn't allow you much leeway in the outcome of the story. Working out is very linear actually, not engaging your mind in really any thought. Although, the physical benefit is there.

In fact, many of these outlets in the entertainment industry offer more cognitive benefit than anything that has been created. This includes TV shows, even reality shows, video games, and film. While the content might be stupid, it's what you are thinking while doing the action.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-08-15, 10:00 PM #14
Quote:
I'm a poor Mexican

All I had to read
2005-08-15, 10:30 PM #15
Entertainment is essential to human beings. So don't call it unbeneficial.

[Futurepost]
2005-08-15, 11:00 PM #16
I even started to no longer like Jedi Knight...

*Pulls out his chalk board, scratches another tally mark, then hangs his head in shame and weeps*
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-15, 11:21 PM #17
Wait... wait a second... wait just one second.

To quote myself [And I guess someone else around the same time]:

Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
~ iknowkungfu

jEDIkIRBY says: Why, SF_GoldG_01? Why do you do it? Why log in? Why keep posting? Do you believe you post for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Could it be for equality? That thing you feel right now, as if it's unfair that no one is posting on your internet forum thread. It's not a real emotion. Illusions, SF_GoldG_01, vagaries of perception. The temporary abstracts of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the internet itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as 'equality'. You must be able to see it, SF_GoldG_01. You must know it by now. You can´t win. It´s pointless to keep posting. Why, SF_GoldG_01? Why? Why do you persist?

And a picture I posted:

[http://www.zentatsu.com/smith.JPG]

And you... listened....

*head explodes*

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-16, 12:07 AM #18
The stupidest mistake I've made in my life?

Telling my parents I took all those pills.
2005-08-16, 12:22 AM #19

I'm happy you have found a new way of life you seem to be enjoying, but unfortunately this post reveals you haven't really learnt anything out of this discovery. You just switched one interest to another, but totally missed the big picture.

But I hope you will live a long and prosperous life and really open your eyes one day to see the whole world, not just a narrow, self-conceited glimpse of it.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-08-16, 12:24 AM #20
What I'm about to post is probably really stupid....

...they are just a waste of time and money... and sometimes they can really have a negative feedback...
Sounds like you're not talking about video games, but about girls... :p
time.... money... evil=negative....

*posts image and hopes not to get stoned*
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-08-16, 12:33 AM #21

If you haven't learned anything from your videogames, you haven't been playing them right.
2005-08-16, 12:41 AM #22
and thats why Storyline > everything else
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-08-16, 12:48 AM #23
Anyone else remember that guy who jumped out of his car before it exploded because he remembered the sound from Grand Theft Auto?

So yes, they save lives.
2005-08-16, 12:50 AM #24
Originally posted by Overlord:
Anyone else remember that guy who jumped out of his car before it exploded because he remembered the sound from Grand Theft Auto?

So yes, they save lives.

Grand Theft Auto makes a sound? I thought it just made a generic fire crackly noise, if anything.
2005-08-16, 12:53 AM #25
Could be. but it was all over the web for awhile last year.
2005-08-16, 12:54 AM #26
...and that time GTA scared away the burglars...
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-08-16, 1:22 AM #27
indeed making games isn't pointless. A lot of things that are taken for granted are in video game making. how does a video game know how to show you a virtual interactive world? programming behind the game mechanics is actually based on many of those "useless-for-real-life" word problems from your math class. Don't forget physics either, most games actually move, you know. Thank art, too. Your game needs to look like something. How does a level designer/texture drawinator/3d modeler actually make an accurate representations of these cool things that exist in the game? Who draws the images that cover the blank surfaces of your 3d things? Who even comes up with the ideas for your games?
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-16, 1:40 AM #28
Which GTA? The first one I'm fairly sure there's just a BOOMPH and you're toast.
2005-08-16, 2:59 AM #29
Originally posted by GHORG:
Which GTA? The first one I'm fairly sure there's just a BOOMPH and you're toast.

Nope, the engine started to sound weird
Yeah, you stay here and take life seriously. I'll go and have some fun.
2005-08-16, 3:23 AM #30
Originally posted by lassev:
You just switched one interest to another, but totally missed the big picture.

Besides, there are also people who play games AND have a social life. They don't cancel each other out, you know.

And I don't see how you doing Kung Fu is beneficial in any way. I do however see how people who make games are beneficial. (Or people who work in a coal mine, to give a blunt example)

I sure made my fair share of stupid mistakes in my life, but none so big as your posts in this thread where you berate an entire comunity with arguments that don't even make the least of sense.

Have fun with your refound life - which you hated :X
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-08-16, 7:45 AM #31
Originally posted by mscbuck:
How incredibly wrong you are.

Games today engage the mind in more cognitive thought than any other activity that a kid can do.

what about writing a book

or doing calculus homework
2005-08-16, 8:47 AM #32
Calculus is a bad influence on young minds. Sure, right now they're just innocently reading their math books, but what happens when they go and try those things in real life? I can see it now: "Coming up at 9, local boy finds derivative, kills 8 and injures 13."

We need to return to the traditional family values of child neglect and excessive video game playing.
2005-08-16, 8:54 AM #33
One word: Entertainment. Life with out entertainment = teh crap.
2005-08-16, 9:38 AM #34
This thread hurts my brain, so I'll just say this.

Video games, depending on what video game, can improve hand eye co-ordination, reflexes, mathamatics (In RPGs at least), and pretty much how to shoot a gun and kill your family.

...Wait.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-08-16, 11:59 AM #35
But...kung fu? I mean, I could have understood abandoning JK for brazilian jiu jitsu or something similar...but kung fu?

Ok...so I'm a little biased in the martial arts I like. :)
Life is beautiful.
2005-08-16, 3:31 PM #36
[QUOTE=Darth Slaw]What I'm about to post is probably really stupid....

Sounds like you're not talking about video games, but about girls... :p
time.... money... evil=negative....

*posts image and hopes not to get stoned*[/QUOTE]

Actually... "LOVE of money is the root of all evil" is how the expression goes so that joke falls flat.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-08-16, 3:46 PM #37

Do you mean to suggest that entertainment is not beneficial?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-08-16, 4:39 PM #38
Originally posted by SavageX378:
Actually... "LOVE of money is the root of all evil" is how the expression goes so that joke falls flat.

It's right both ways.
D E A T H
2005-08-16, 5:38 PM #39
Games are simply another medium of presentation. They can just as easily portray a story as a book, a play, a radio program, a movie, a TV show...

Simply because it's newer and not everything is necessarily a good product, doesn't mean it's a worthless endeavor.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-16, 8:03 PM #40

Games are for entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. Same with TV (not including the news, that's actually useful). I find it kind of sad you have just discovered a social life..., well, good for you I guess.

↑ Up to the top!