Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Zelda Delayed...Nooooo!
Zelda Delayed...Nooooo!
2005-08-16, 7:11 AM #1

"Our development team has decided to take extra time to add some incredible new elements to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. As a result, the game will now launch in 2006 globally. We recognize there may be some disappointed fans, however we firmly believe this additional time will result in a much more enjoyable gaming experience."

New screenshots though:
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/642/642245p1.html

I was looking forward to this :( This just ruined my day.
2005-08-16, 7:25 AM #2
IMHO a good move.
I hate it when companies release unfinished games just for the sake of releasing them. That's why KOTOR 2 sucked, ie.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-08-16, 7:27 AM #3
The endings sucked... otherwise it was quite neat but not so neat.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-16, 7:43 AM #4
The longer it takes, the more awesome it has to be. It better be the second coming of Zelda OoT!!!
2005-08-16, 8:21 AM #5
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]The longer it takes, the more awesome it has to be. It better be the second coming of Zelda OoT!!![/QUOTE]

But the problem, I think, is that the longer it takes, the higher the expectations of the gamers who are waiting. But 1 delay won't have this problem imo.

In the case of HL2, the more it was delayed, the higher the standards I expected from it. In the end, I had some disappointments with the product.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-16, 8:27 AM #6
Hmm, they had playable stuff at the Edinburgh electroins art thingy festival last week. Unfortunately I missed it, but Oxyonagon went.

Damn him.
nope.
2005-08-16, 9:17 AM #7
Originally posted by KnobZ:

"Our development team has decided to take extra time to add some incredible new elements to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. As a result, the game will now launch in 2006 globally. We recognize there may be some disappointed fans, however we firmly believe this additional time will result in a much more enjoyable gaming experience."

Translation: We can't seem to get rid of a critical bug. The game seems to crash after just 45 seconds. Oh and our lead modeler was arrested for possesion of PCP so we have to find a new one.

The things I think about just waking up.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-16, 9:42 AM #8
lol, Gandalf
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-08-16, 10:12 AM #9
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Translation: We can't seem to get rid of a critical bug. The game seems to crash after just 45 seconds. Oh and our lead modeler was arrested for possesion of PCP so we have to find a new one.

Ashy Larry?
D E A T H
2005-08-16, 10:25 AM #10
Ashy Larry is the best damn dice player on earth, don't you be making fun of him.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-08-16, 10:54 AM #11
Originally posted by Ubuu:
Ashy Larry is the best damn dice player on earth, don't you be making fun of him.

Aparrently you don't remember the Wayne Brady PCP scene too well. Revisit.
D E A T H
2005-08-16, 11:24 AM #12
What's with all the fog? Either the game is set in 1960s London, or the designers still think they're working with the N64.
:master::master::master:
2005-08-16, 12:31 PM #13
Originally posted by stat:
What's with all the fog? Either the game is set in 1960s London, or the designers still think they're working with the N64.

Seeing as how the fog is only really bad in that one town, I attribute it to the town actually being in a dust storm or something.
2005-08-16, 12:37 PM #14
Originally posted by JediGandalf:

haha
2005-08-16, 1:29 PM #15
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Aparrently you don't remember the Wayne Brady PCP scene too well. Revisit.[/QUOTE]

No, I know, but I wasn't refering to that. I was refering to Ashy Larry in the World Series of dice.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-08-16, 1:51 PM #16
This is looking really good, and I can't wait to play it. I'm gonna have to set aside some of my wages for this.
2005-08-16, 2:04 PM #17
Originally posted by Ubuu:
No, I know, but I wasn't refering to that. I was refering to Ashy Larry in the World Series of dice.

I was referring to Ashy Larry, or another name for PCP.
D E A T H
2005-08-16, 3:06 PM #18
I've played it. I loved every bit of it. :p

I thought it was really good, some of it seemed a bit easy though, but other bits were more challenging, the right balance. The graphics were amazing too. I've got a movie of some in-game mucking about, but it's too big to post while I'm on 56k, I'll probably post it and some pics when I get broadband (in a few days, I hope).

Trust me when I say this game is worth the wait.

Edit: forgot to say, the horseback fighting is particularly cool, especially on this level where you joust across a huge bridge over a chasm with some sort of boss type enemy.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-08-16, 7:10 PM #19
Nintendo still makes games...?
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2005-08-16, 7:40 PM #20
Only the best.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-16, 7:52 PM #21
Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Only the best.

I just wish they'd have releases more often
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-08-16, 9:21 PM #22
[QUOTE=Compos Mentis]***
I just wish they'd have releases more often[/QUOTE]

I wish you'd get on AIM for more than 5 minutes.

:gbk:
D E A T H
2005-08-16, 10:25 PM #23
Only the best.

Right.... And I have an army poised to take over the world... :rolleyes:
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2005-08-17, 5:08 AM #24
[QUOTE=Commander 598]Right.... And I have an army poised to take over the world... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It will be "one of the best" games this console generation when it does come out, and you know it. Wind Waker, despite having some late game treasure hunt issues, was still a GOTY 2003 winner and critically acclaimed game in many publications:
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/469050.asp
2005-08-17, 5:16 AM #25
I hated Wind Waker with a passion. OOT too. That's the wonderful things about opinions, KnobZ :P
D E A T H
2005-08-17, 6:24 AM #26
And the other wonderful thing about opinions is that some of them are WRONG. :p

I have enjoyed every Zelda game since the first, including WW. Although Zelda 2: Adventure of Link is annoyingly hard, and I still have to beat it. Haven't beaten Majora's Mask either, for different reasons.

I look forward to the new Zelda.

2005-08-17, 6:31 AM #27
:p

I dunno, something about the transition of 2d to 3d for Zelda I just didn't like.
D E A T H
2005-08-17, 7:23 AM #28
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]:p

I dunno, something about the transition of 2d to 3d for Zelda I just didn't like.[/QUOTE]

Better start finding that something and killing it FAST, before the lynch mob gets you.

OoT was one of the best Zeldas ever.
2005-08-17, 7:49 AM #29
Dj Yoshi, you put WAY to much in opinions. I think 98% of your posts are "That's my opinion" or "Yeah well..thank god for opinions" or "OPINIONS OPINIONS OPINIONS!" If 90% of the Gaming world says OoT and WW are good games...they ARE good games.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-17, 10:42 AM #30
Uh, Sajn, you're wrong there, buddy.

It's a good game if that's what you want out of a game. WoW to me is not a good game. It's not what I want. I like SWG. It's what I want. For some reason it just tickles my fancy. I don't like Windwaker. It just doesn't do it for me. On the other hand, I LOVE OoT, and hold it in my heart as quite possibly the greatest game ever.

Does anyone honstly remember how ****ing amazing that game was when it came out?
>>untie shoes
2005-08-17, 11:27 AM #31
Dj Yoshi, you put WAY to much in opinions. I think 98% of your posts are "That's my opinion" or "Yeah well..thank god for opinions" or "OPINIONS OPINIONS OPINIONS!" If 90% of the Gaming world says OoT and WW are good games...they ARE good games.

There's a difference between the arbitrary good game, and the well produced game. Half Life 2 had excellent production values. But I thought it was only a mediocre game. Doom 3 had awesome atmosphere, and I thought it was a bit better. 75% or so of people would disagree with me, I'd say. That doesn't mean that I'm wrong. When it comes to music, games, movies, etc, what's good depends on you--what's well made, however, is a whole different story.
D E A T H
2005-08-18, 2:14 PM #32
But Yoshi you seem to miss the fatal problem with SAJN's arguement here.

Just because the critical consensus is that the game is good, doesn't mean it's good. Simply because to those people it's good and that's it. I think half life 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. Yoshi doesn't. That's the fun thing about opinions. There's no way to define whether it's good or not in that regard.

Alot of people like Radiohead. I hate them. Lots of people think The Beatles are the best band ever. I think they're just another classic rock band.

I think SWG is the best mmorpg. Nearly everyone would disagree with me on that, but that game does what I want it to do. To me, it's great.

Sajn, deal with the fact that you are not right, I am not right, and Yoshi is not right. There is no RIGHT.
>>untie shoes
2005-08-18, 2:29 PM #33
Originally posted by Bill:

Just because the critical consensus is that the game is good, doesn't mean it's good. Simply because to those people it's good and that's it. I think half life 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. Yoshi doesn't. That's the fun thing about opinions. There's no way to define whether it's good or not in that regard.

Alot of people like Radiohead. I hate them. Lots of people think The Beatles are the best band ever. I think they're just another classic rock band.

I think SWG is the best mmorpg. Nearly everyone would disagree with me on that, but that game does what I want it to do. To me, it's great.

Sajn, deal with the fact that you are not right, I am not right, and Yoshi is not right. There is no RIGHT.

Q.F.T.

But really, I love the 3d zeldas, I'm stoked about this one and I don't really care about a delayed release.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-08-18, 2:33 PM #34
The NPCs in the city in those screenshots look like absolute crap.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-18, 4:45 PM #35
Originally posted by Bill:

You rock for hating radiohead.
D E A T H
2005-08-18, 5:01 PM #36
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]You rock for hating radiohead.[/QUOTE]
Seconded.

You know Michael Jackson's album Thriller is the best-selling album on the planet. Does that make it a great, wonderful album? Hell no.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2005-08-18, 5:07 PM #37
Originally posted by Whelly:
Seconded.

You know Michael Jackson's album Thriller is the best-selling album on the planet. Does that make it a great, wonderful album? Hell no.

Whelly, get on AIM more you mansexy beast.
D E A T H
2005-08-20, 8:13 AM #38
[QUOTE=Compos Mentis]***
I just wish they'd have releases more often[/QUOTE]
No argument here. I kinda wish they'd veer away from Mario a bit, at least for a year or two. Make some more "mature" games, know what I mean?

Blood. I want games with blood.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-08-20, 8:52 AM #39
Originally posted by Matterialize:
I kinda wish they'd veer away from Mario a bit, at least for a year or two. Make some more "mature" games, know what I mean?

I catch your drift...

Quote:
Blood. I want games with blood.

...but that's sick.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-08-20, 9:39 AM #40
Leave Radiohead out of this!

Also, remember that there is a Revolution coming in 2006. Wait for it....wait for it....

ZELDA LAUNCH TITLE.
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"

↑ Up to the top!