Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My Gaming
My Gaming
2005-08-16, 11:17 AM #1
I have a way with not playing recent games. Because I'm either too cheap or my computer isn't good enough. The only real recent game I'm going to mention is Psychonauts. And so, I'm going to discuss what I'm playing.

Number 1. PSYCHONAUTS. This game makes me laugh. Out loud. In real life. It's absolutely hilarious, fun-to-boot, and family friendly (for the most part). It's a great break from today's violent video games (I'll discuss one later) and it's just good platforming fun. I'm nearing the end of the game however, so my fun is nearing an end. But I highy suggest this game to anyone with a PS2 or Xbox (not so sure about PC version)

Number 2. Counter Strike: Condition Zero. Before I begin talking about this game I must say that everything BAD you heard about the game is wrong. Ok, sure it's not the greatest game EVER made. But if you can't play CS: S then this is for you. The actual upgraded part of the game (the Condition Zero) is great, but we'll get to that in a minute. First thing you have GOT to play is Counter Strike. With BOTS. It can be relatively dull, and they can be stupid, but it's extremely fun especially with radio chatter turned on (Hallway..uh, clear. *silence* HOLY--- CT SPAWN) and it's just a nice game to play. Then, the Condition Zero part involves missions which combine the perfect percentage of RAMBO-ish gameplay (you're on your own mostly) with strategy (more of well placed shots and choosing the right gun than plain blasting). I recently completed a level where you're in a Russian missle silo fighting two terrorist cells and you have some allies. It was the greatest thing EVER when you see one terrorist man fight two enemy terrorist and you help out the lone terrorist and then kill him. If you see this game for twenty or thirty dollars, I highly reccomend it.

Number Three. Burnout 3. High speed races, huge explosions, tight controlling, and the ABILITY to throw your car into your opponents path after a crash. Need I say more? Oh, you're not happy? Well how about a mode where you get to just completely DESTROY the traffic at nearly a HUNDRED different car junctions across the world? If you're not happy, then I demand you go shoot yourself. The mode in which you unlock things is extremely fun (albeit hard on some races) and is never too frustrating (except for the occasional controller breaker *cough*). The multiplayer is one of the game's highlights, and will keep you up all night with friends who are so pumped up on not caffeine, but rather the adrenaline rush you get from going over 200 MPH, crashing, and aftertouching (moving the car into your opponent's path) hundreds of people. And when you play alone there's also a radio announcer (Stryker I believe) who makes some extremely hilarious jokes which just add to your enjoyment. So if you have a Playstation 2, or Xbox I require that you go pick this game up for TWENTY DOLLARS NOW! TWENTY DOLLARS! It's a greatest hit in LESS than a year!

Now go, buy these games that I'm playing right now, and enjoy yourself.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-08-16, 11:57 AM #2
If I wanted the newest game advertisements/reviews I would have bought the latest copy of PC gamer I saw at the store. Thank you for wasting 2 minutes of my life, good day to you sir.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-16, 12:01 PM #3
wow..... he never forced yolu to read it, bandit. and, if your two minutes are so precious, why did you spend even more time to post that!?
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2005-08-16, 12:09 PM #4
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
If I wanted the newest game advertisements/reviews I would have bought the latest copy of PC gamer I saw at the store. Thank you for wasting 2 minutes of my life, good day to you sir.

You wasted your time by reading it.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-16, 12:26 PM #5
Darwinia is a bloody excelllent game. Buy it.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-08-16, 12:37 PM #6
Sorry, it's a bad pet peeve of mine. Game advertising drives me more insane than someone driving a pencil into my ear. At least he was kind enough to make a review, it would have been much worse if he was like “This is a cool game, buy it now.” I would have probably ate my fingernails if he did that, I don’t know, maybe I have OCD or something like that. Help.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-16, 12:46 PM #7
Counter Strike: Condition Zero is worth getting just to play Deleted Scenes. Which is like a 20 or so mission SINGLE PLAYER Counter-Strike game. Not dust with bots, but actual single player gameplay. It is so much fun >.<
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-16, 12:48 PM #8
Yeah the Deleted scenes is mostly what I play because the bots are so stupid, and the tourny thing they have is extremely...not fun. ;) What I forgot to ask was what are some of your recent and favorite games, and what do you think of these games?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-08-16, 12:48 PM #9
thats a good game, number 2
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-08-16, 2:06 PM #10
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:

Someone get up on the wrong side of the bed today did they? This is a forum!
About games! :rolleyes:
2005-08-16, 3:21 PM #11
The only game I've been playing extensively lately is battlefield 2. It's just got so many moments during any game... where rockets miss you by almost nothing etc.

It's just so dramatic and entertaining.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-08-16, 4:01 PM #12
Burnout 3 sounds absolutely sweet.
2005-08-16, 4:36 PM #13
I've played game 2 once and the only problem is that enemies stand still when they shoot at you.
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-16, 5:37 PM #14
The only game I played from that list is the deleted scenes of CS:CZ. I went through about 3 levels before I go bored with it and deleted it. It was a dissappointment because I was hoping for something a little more realistic like missions from rainbow six but instead it was just Half-Life with Counter-Strike guns. I didn't even play the regular version of condition zero because it doesn't look too different than regular CS other than the fact it has bots and ladders. Counter-Strike: Source has bot support now so if I wanted bot matches, I'd just play that.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-08-16, 6:17 PM #15
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
What I forgot to ask was what are some of your recent and favorite games, and what do you think of these games?

Battlefield 2, although I haven't been since I got the WoW trial. When that runs out, it'll be back to BF2.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-17, 5:08 AM #16
PC or Console? Since I got my job I've been playing and buying too many console games because I didn't have the money to get the ones I wanted when they came out :( But not so many PC games have called to me recetly.
All is fair in love and war.
2005-08-17, 5:37 AM #17
Friend of mine stopped working where I do to head up to EA and test Burnout 3, he absolutely loved it.
"Whats that for?" "Thats the machine that goes 'ping'" PING!
Q. How many testers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. We just noticed the room was dark; we don't actually fix the problems.
MCMF forever.
2005-08-17, 11:46 AM #18
I've got Pyschonauts, the PC version, and it is indeed terribly entertaining!

So many great moments in there. :)
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/DMC87/f49d0793.gif[/IMG]
2005-08-17, 12:16 PM #19
I played Burnout 3: Revenge at the EIEF (edinburgh thing) and it's pretty amazing. I've got a good video of some in-game action, I'll post it up when I get broadband. :D
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-08-17, 1:21 PM #20
[QUOTE=- Tony -]Darwinia is a bloody excelllent game. Buy it.[/QUOTE]
agreed
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots

↑ Up to the top!