Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wal-Mart is now worst then Microsoft
Wal-Mart is now worst then Microsoft
2005-08-17, 2:03 PM #1
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/D68CD3BC09EC17C98625705F0015F59F?OpenDocument
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-08-17, 2:09 PM #2
*poops on Sam Walton*
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-08-17, 2:12 PM #3
pfft if Walton were still alive I highly doubt he would of done anything. Walton was not your normal (If there is such a thing as normal) billionaire. The guy drove an old POS truck around and dressed like he was a redneck in Arkansas or something.
2005-08-17, 2:28 PM #4
I really don't know what to think about this...
2005-08-17, 2:41 PM #5
Hopefully, the courts will rule against the health insurance company. I really want to know what their justification for this is, or if it's simply one of greed.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-17, 2:46 PM #6
Walmart was worse than Microsoft, and then Microsoft retaliated, and then Microsoft was worse than Walmart again.

itis really messed up (the arcticle) though
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-17, 2:50 PM #7
She's not going to use the money, anyway.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-17, 2:52 PM #8
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
She's not going to use the money, anyway.

?
2005-08-17, 2:55 PM #9
Flamebait. Get out your marshmallows and sticks.

And disability or no, "A suit such as this is not uncommon, and is a way for self-financed health plans - employer and union-funded plans - to recoup medical expenses, say lawyers who handle health and insurance law." Hence, I don't even see why it's newsworthy.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-17, 3:00 PM #10
Be that as it may, she DOES need the money. :p
2005-08-17, 3:28 PM #11
Quote:
Wal-Mart is now worst then Microsoft

Do you even know English?
You will die alone.
Snail Racing: 500 Posts Per Line
@%
guys I think my snail is stuck
2005-08-17, 3:37 PM #12
Thrawn, what did Microsoft do that is worse than Walmart?

Actually, Walmart provided tanks to the U.S. Army in WW2. Most people don't notice that the white star is a trademark of the Walmart brand.

[http://www.militarypay.com/US%20Military/MilitaryTankImages/image004.jpg]
2005-08-17, 3:40 PM #13
I hate to play devil's advocate, but Wal-mart just want's its money back so the $$$ can be fed back into the health plan to help other people. It's not like its personal.
2005-08-17, 4:05 PM #14
Originally posted by Monkey_Man:
Do you even know English?

n0¡
2005-08-17, 4:24 PM #15
Always has been, Always will be.
D E A T H
2005-08-17, 11:51 PM #16
Maybe a little off-topic, but I can't think of a single scenario where you get hit during a U-turn and it's the OTHER person's fault. That fact causes me to withhold slight amounts of compassion.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-18, 2:32 AM #17
Quote:
I hate to play devil's advocate, but Wal-mart just want's its money back so the $$$ can be fed back into the health plan to help other people. It's not like its personal.

But... then they'll just ask for THAT money back...

I don't think these people seem to know the difference between "health insurance" and "loan"...
2005-08-18, 5:50 AM #18
What a genius moneymaking scheme!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-18, 8:10 AM #19
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

What kind of insurance system is that?
I thought the meaning of insurance was that you paid before anything happens. You don't get your money back if nothing happens, do you?
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-08-18, 8:48 AM #20
I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart and belittle people who choose to. In my own small way, I'm making myself feel better.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-08-18, 8:54 AM #21
Originally posted by Schming:
I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart and belittle people who choose to. In my own small way, I'm making myself feel better.

It's either that or masturbation
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-08-18, 8:57 AM #22
After reading the article, I found out that the plan itself states that any proceeds won in legal battles have to be paid back to the plan, upto the amount the plan paid. She agreed to this when she signed up for the plan. It might be stupid, but it's legal.

Originally posted by Freelancer:
Maybe a little off-topic, but I can't think of a single scenario where you get hit during a U-turn and it's the OTHER person's fault. That fact causes me to withhold slight amounts of compassion.

I noticed that too.

2005-08-18, 4:39 PM #23
Originally posted by Freelancer:

The guy to your left has a red, the lanes are clear, there's a sign saying U-Turns allowed, you do a U-Turn, you get hit from the side that had a red.

Originally posted by Tenshu:

"Self-improvement is masturbation, now self-destruction...might be the answer."
D E A T H
2005-08-18, 5:34 PM #24
I don't understand why they keep her alive? She isn't capable of living, she can't remember anything, I mean, what is the point? Yes, it would be cruel to kill her, but no more cruel than it is to keep her alive in that state.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2005-08-18, 5:53 PM #25
She can think, she can talk coherently, she just can't remember and she can't move so well. This is nowhere near a Terri Schiavo condition, and anyways I think you shouldn't start that conversation again.
D E A T H
2005-08-18, 7:18 PM #26
Originally posted by Tenshu:

What's this OR ****? It's boycotting Wal-Mart AND masturbation!
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-08-18, 7:30 PM #27
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]She can think, she can talk coherently, she just can't remember and she can't move so well. This is nowhere near a Terri Schiavo condition, and anyways I think you shouldn't start that conversation again.[/QUOTE]

Me too. And if you do, I'll help DJ Yoshi beat you up. :]]]]
2005-08-18, 8:17 PM #28
Disney > Walmart > Hitler > Local and Federal governments > The British > Microsoft
2005-08-18, 8:25 PM #29
Originally posted by Schming:
What's this OR ****? It's boycotting Wal-Mart AND masturbation!

Are you boycotting both, or doing both actions simulatenously? :confused:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-19, 11:45 PM #30
From what I've gathered, Wal-Mart has always treated its employees with minimal respect.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-08-19, 11:51 PM #31
That's not entirely true. When I worked for them, I was treated quite well. I do have pretty solid evidence that the store I worked at was one of the better stores in the country from that standpoint, however. I certainly felt respected. They pay their employees slightly less than the competitors, and their benefits are slightly less than comparable department stores, but I would only care about that if I was trying to make being a wage-earner at Wal-Mart a career or something.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-19, 11:52 PM #32
Wall Market was better.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-20, 12:32 AM #33
The article says Wal Mart's just trying to keep their options open. The suit was filed as a place holder so that they don't miss the deadline. It's may not necessarily even be pursued. Did anyone else read this?

Plus if it's in her contract then she agreed to those terms, even if she didn't know it.

Yes it's sad... But hardly unexpected or unprecedented.

In short, That's Life.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.

↑ Up to the top!