Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War
MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War
2005-08-17, 10:14 PM #1
Quote:
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO:
The Hidden One Year War

In July 2004, Bandai unveiled Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War, the first new UC series since 1996's The 08th M.S. Team. Unlike the previous OVA's, MS IGLOO's animation is all computer generated. Also, the series was initially screened only at the Bandai Museum in Japan. Directed by Takashi Imanishi (Gundam 0083, Gundam Evolve), the series serves as an all-star gathering of mechanical designers, featuring work from Hajime Katoki, Yutaka Izubuchi, Shinji Aramaki, Kimitoshi Yamane and Kenki Fujioka. In contrast to the other One Year War side stories, MS IGLOO focuses on Zeon characters, in particular a young engineer named Oliver May. The series opens during the One Week War and animates some famous events from UC history, such as the Battle of Loum. Initially planned for three episodes, the episode count was doubled due to the series' popularity. The first three episodes have been screened at the Bandai Museum, and two have been released on DVD. The remaining episodes are currently in production, but the series is not available in the U.S.

It's well worth watching whether or not you even know what the Gundam franchise is.

Episode one is about a giant anti-ship cannon called Jormungand and the Battle of Loum. It's mostly Ship vs Ship combat with a two minute cameo by a well known Zeon ace.
*snip*
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2005-08-17, 10:22 PM #2
interesting, might have to check it out
yay for not posting much ever
2005-08-18, 6:55 AM #3
You should remove that download link, the legality of such downloads is sketchy. (In that it's illegal, but you can't be sued for it because its only in Japan. But once it gets sent to the US, then they can sue you. Animesuki relies on the fact that most Japanese companies don't like to file international lawsuits.)
2005-08-18, 10:29 AM #4
I'm interested. I love Zeon mechs. And engineering. I hope we see aces other than Char.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-08-18, 6:04 PM #5
That depends... Since this is about Zeon prototypes, you can bet that they wouldn't hand out something potentially useful to somebody straight out of the Academy.

What information I do know as fact is limited to just Ep. 1 and 2. Episodes two deals with a prototype mobile tank, i've only seen screens though... Picture some intense ground action. I think Ep. 3 possibly has two things, an underwater cannon and a prototype mobile suit(We all know those don't dissapoint).

http://www.msigloo.net/library/ms/index.html

You can see where I got my background from.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.

↑ Up to the top!