Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dude, she just has the worst of luck
Dude, she just has the worst of luck
2005-08-18, 3:57 PM #1
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/antiwar_movement

First, her son dies fighting.

Then her husband wants to divorce her.

Now her mom had a stroke.

Seriously, God must have something out for her.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-08-18, 3:58 PM #2
:[
2005-08-18, 4:10 PM #3
Argh, WHO CARES?!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-18, 4:14 PM #4
Maybe her mother got the stroke from seeing her daughter make a fool of herself on national news. :rolleyes:*

* - Disclaimer: The opinions expressed above are my own. Please do not bother flaming me or arguing against them if you can help it, because I probably won't read it, and if I do I won't care.

2005-08-18, 4:14 PM #5
I find it hilarious. Seriously, its like not only does the majority of this country hates her, but apparently (if there is a thing) God does too.
2005-08-18, 4:19 PM #6
Mention "God" and Mort will smite you.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-18, 4:19 PM #7
God.
2005-08-18, 4:28 PM #8
sux

>.>
2005-08-18, 4:33 PM #9
Originally posted by THRAWN:
I find it hilarious. Seriously, its like not only does the majority of this country hates her, but apparently (if there is a thing) God does too.

just curious, but why would anyone "hate" her? hate is seriously such a strong word. i couldn't bring myself to hate even *******s i know, let alone a grieving mother protesting an unpopular war. :(

i still fail to see what's so "moronic" or "foolish" about what she's doing. sad, maybe; noble, possibly; naive, yes.
2005-08-18, 4:36 PM #10
She's annoying. And dumb. And she sucks. And she's filling the news with stupid stories. And I'm sick of hearing about some random stupid lady.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-18, 4:37 PM #11
Poor lady :(
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-08-18, 5:02 PM #12
Originally posted by Freelancer:
She's annoying. And dumb. And she sucks. And she's filling the news with stupid stories. And I'm sick of hearing about some random stupid lady.

Exactly.

Except I kind of help spread it. Hehe.
2005-08-18, 5:05 PM #13
Originally posted by Warlord:
i still fail to see what's so "moronic" or "foolish" about what she's doing. sad, maybe; noble, possibly; naive, yes.

Her protest lacks all logic.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-18, 5:21 PM #14
i'm still shocked at the lack of public protests in the US. :/
2005-08-18, 5:40 PM #15
Requirement for above: Widespread unrest or dissent. There are no big public protests because generally, people don't feel that strongly against [issue x] or they are too apathetic. Despite how witty it may seem to blame it all on apathy, it's really more because of the former.
2005-08-18, 8:13 PM #16
[QUOTE=Darth Evad]i'm still shocked at the lack of public protests in the US. :/[/QUOTE]

That's cause they've taken to whining on message boards or crying on their journals.

Not trying to flame bait, but it's true. I've seen too many people whine on various message boards and their journals as if it were the end of the world- but they don't do anything about it.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-18, 8:16 PM #17
Idiots deserve misfortune.
2005-08-19, 4:51 AM #18
Originally posted by Rob:
Idiots deserve misfortune.

I can only imagine your life must be a series of very unfortunate events.

Unless you guys are joking, most of you are pretty mean-spirited. Seriously, what happened to empathy?
2005-08-19, 6:06 AM #19
Lord Kuat, have you even paid attention to the news recently?

I'm getting sick of her mini-revolution too.

Plus she states that she will refuse to pay federal taxes. She hopes to be prosecuted on tax charges so she can use the publicity to put the war on trial. (her words)

And would her son be proud?

He volunteered TWICE. Did one tour of four years and volunteered for the specific mission to go back which got him killed.

She's not respecting what his son believed in enought for him to go over there.
2005-08-19, 6:10 AM #20
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
Lord Kuat, have you even paid attention to the news recently?

I'm getting sick of her mini-revolution too.

Plus she states that she will refuse to pay federal taxes. She hopes to be prosecuted on tax charges so she can use the publicity to put the war on trial. (her words)

And would her son be proud?

He volunteered TWICE. Did one tour of four years and volunteered for the specific mission to go back which got him killed.

She's not respecting what his son believed in enought for him to go over there.

so because she's on the news you people are glad that her son's dead, her husband is divorcing her, and her mother had a stroke.

jesus christ, where's the compassion. i'm sickened.
2005-08-19, 6:28 AM #21
I think people are not annoyed at the loss and emotional suffering she has been through, but annoyed at what she is doing with her loss.
2005-08-19, 6:30 AM #22
the only people i've encountered that don't support her endeavor are massassians. but then again, that's probably because i live in ohio, which has recently been hit very hard by the war, especially my area.
2005-08-19, 6:34 AM #23
Well, its the internet. People share opinions that they wouldn't bother saying in real life.
2005-08-19, 6:38 AM #24
Sometimes I wonder.

If the discussion forum were suddenly replaced by a Yahoo! news ticker, how long would it take us to notice?
2005-08-19, 8:08 AM #25
"Why do people keep posting damn stock quotes?!"
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-08-19, 9:09 AM #26
so because she's on the news you people are glad that her son's dead, her husband is divorcing her, and her mother had a stroke.

jesus christ, where's the compassion. i'm sickened.

Hey, Hitler's mom died when he was 18. Lets have some compassion for him too and try to understand why he did what he did...

:rolleyes:

And yes, I'll say what I said to anyone's face and not just on a messageboard.

She's turned her son's death into a movement when it wasn't even her son's wishes. Her son WANTED to go back. Her husband wants to divorce her (am I shocked?)

And her mom has a stroke. How old is her mom people? It's not like she is 20 years old - these things happen and if you live in a glass house thinking they won't then you're going to have some depressing days ahead.

It's why you live life to the fullest because you don't know what's going to happen.

She is not mourning his loss the way he would want to be remembered. Once we look back we will remember his death not because he served the US, but because he launched an anitwar movement.

I'm sure he'd be proud... :rolleyes:

I have no sympathy for that.
2005-08-19, 9:28 AM #27
Hey, Hitler's mom died when he was 18. Lets have some compassion for him too and try to understand why he did what he did...

You're not a very sensible person, are you?

I disagree with this woman as well, and it's not a very good way of handling her misfortunes, but the deluge of personal attack **** she's gotten on this thread alone is incredible. You're not well people.
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-08-19, 9:36 AM #28

Hitler killed millions of people. This woman is protesting. There exists no comparison.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-19, 9:43 AM #29
the only people i've encountered that don't support her endeavor are massassians. but then again, that's probably because i live in ohio, which has recently been hit very hard by the war, especially my area.

Trust me, it has absolutely nothing to do with you living in Ohio (Seeing as how I live in Ohio).

You seem to miss the big picture:

A. Her son WANTED, and VOLUNTEERED to go back. What the hell is she protesting? His wishes? That's real sensible.
B. Why does she deserve more compassion than anyone else? She's using the media for attention.
C. Her protest is nothing different than the multitude of other protests... its just since the media got ahold of hers, hers is now somehow more important?

I think everyone will agree that no one is "glad" that all these things are occuring to her. We're just sick of hearing about it. OKAY lady, it's too bad. So sorry. Move along, there's thousands of others in the exact same situation.

She deserves compassion, but she does not deserve attention. That's pretty much how it lies.
2005-08-19, 9:52 AM #30

Your not the only area. I am almost literally a stone's throw away from USMC Camp Pendleton. We hear stories about how someone stationed at Camp Pendleton got killed A LOT. Some of them from San Diego County. It is depressing.

But, I still don't support what she's doing.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-19, 10:11 AM #31
Originally posted by Tenshu:
You're not well people.

You may not agree with what she is doing, I mean, I even don't. But you guys are happy about and getting amusment out of the fact that her family is falling apart around her. Thats sick.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-08-19, 10:16 AM #32
Originally posted by Wolfy:
Hitler killed millions of people. This woman is protesting. There exists no comparison.

True the comparison was harsh. However she wants the US to pull all troops out of Iraq. Even on both sides of the political spectrum, people say we can't do that now and must finish.

If not thousands of people would be killed because of the chaos and lack of order left in the country from a sudden pullout.
2005-08-19, 10:24 AM #33
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]

She deserves compassion, but she does not deserve attention. That's pretty much how it lies.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's just that people around here (massassi that is) seem to think she doesn't deserve compassion BECAUSE she's getting attention. And I understand the big picture fine, but don't give the woman **** just because she's protesting. Grief can cause irrationality.
2005-08-19, 10:50 AM #34
True the comparison was harsh. However she wants the US to pull all troops out of Iraq..

I'm not saying there's any real value in what she's protesting for. But she's not out there killing Jews, Pols, gypsies, retarded people, and gays. ;)
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-19, 11:01 AM #35
And political opponents.
Warhead[97]
2005-08-19, 12:17 PM #36
Originally posted by Wolfy:
I'm not saying there's any real value in what she's protesting for. But she's not out there killing Jews, Pols, gypsies, retarded people, and gays. ;)

Well, Hitler didn't exactly sit up in bed the day afterwards and yell "Sieg Heil!" either...

Quote:
Grief can cause irrationality.

In which case she needs a therapist, not a camp out on the President's personal lawn.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2005-08-19, 12:28 PM #37
I'm not joking, when I was briefly skimming the topics, I could've sworn this read "Dude, she just has the worst ****"

But then on clicking back, I realised I was wrong. Completely WRONG. :(
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-08-19, 12:29 PM #38
Still lame.

People whose relatives die isn't exactly new and fascinating.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-19, 12:40 PM #39
It sucks that her mom had a stroke. I don't blame her husband for divorcing her though. If my wife decided to use my son's death and politicize it I'd divorce her too. I empathized with her until she started protesting against things other than the war and using her son's death as a justification.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-08-19, 12:45 PM #40
Originally posted by BurrBoy:
You may not agree with what she is doing, I mean, I even don't. But you guys are happy about and getting amusment out of the fact that her family is falling apart around her. Thats sick.

You are mistaken. No one is getting kicks from these things happening to her. We think she's an idiot because of her actions.

↑ Up to the top!