Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I'm playing airsoft for the first time...
So I'm playing airsoft for the first time...
2005-08-19, 12:14 PM #1
Yeah, I'm going off to play on the 11th september, not sure what to expect. We're playing in an old stone quarry thing. It's got old mining equipement, vegetation areas and some sand dune things. Great location.

Anyway, I've never really been/seen so can somebody tell me what to expect? I'm hiring equipement from the guys who run it.

Should be fun.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-08-19, 12:20 PM #2
Sounds very fun. Be prepared to get pelted with lots of tiny beads.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-19, 12:22 PM #3
I'm prepared for that bit, not so sure about the flashbangs and smoke grenades, or support weapons though.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-08-19, 4:37 PM #4
What gun are you renting?

A few tips, if it's full auto..

1) Short bursts, and aim. Long bursts (over 3 seconds) put extra wear on the motor, drain the battery, and burn ammo like you wouldn't believe.

2) Don't be afraid to hide and take a shot only when you know you'll take someone out.

3) Teamwork helps.

4) Have fun! :D

It doesn't hurt too bad when you're hit..just be sure that everyone is wearing eye/face protection.

How many people do you expect, and what are their flashbangs made of? Unless they're made with safety in mind, any explosive devices can be on the dangerous side.
woot!
2005-08-19, 4:50 PM #5
I can assure you, it will be awesome. A tip: I assume you're not playing in the dark, but if you ever do, USE A FREAKIN' FLASHLIGHT BEFORE YOU START RUNNING. Running in an obstacle course/forest/anywhere in the dark is a really good way to end up with your face smashed in on something. Guy I played with once did exactly that, had to get his teeth realigned and a bunch of stitches put in.

Anyway, yeah, just have fun. Airsoft is great.
Warhead[97]
2005-08-19, 4:52 PM #6
Originally posted by CadetLee:
and what are their flashbangs made of? Unless they're made with safety in mind, any explosive devices can be on the dangerous side.

I think he was just making a CS joke.

2005-08-19, 6:36 PM #7
Fire in the hole!

and for the record, I prefer paintball, even though I can't really say that because I've never played airsoft, just been shot with em. Paintballs seem to hurt less to me, the force is spread over a larger area which expands as it breaks, lessening the force even more. Plus, you can tell when someone's hit.

Just like in real life ;)
2005-08-19, 6:44 PM #8
My uncle, father and I all had some AirSoft guns about 3 years ago (cheap ones) and we went out and shot each other with 'em. Great fun, it really is. It doesn't hurt too much, and then you get to shoot the other guys.

On a side note I played some paintball today and got hit in the hand and dropped my gun (:(, 130$ gun) and then kept going. Paintball and Airsoft are alot alike. and are you playing with the plastic BB's or the 'sploding ones (like mini-paintball)?

But anyway, have fun! Just wear eye-protection and you should be good (got hit on the temple and that didn't feel good :P)
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-08-19, 6:47 PM #9
Sounds like a really cool place for a first time! Haven't really heard any stories from games taking place at quarries, it's mostly old buildings or woods.

I'm still waiting for my first time as well though, I haven't been very motivated to get the gear and stuff since the only organized Oklahoma airsoft teams bicker with each other. :gbk:
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-19, 7:21 PM #10
blah, just convince some friends to buy some less expensive pistols and you guys maybe find some land to screw around on. Legally, mind you. My friend had a grandpa with some land, we'd go out there, or just play around his farmhouse. Relatives in slightly remote areas are KEY. ;)
Warhead[97]
2005-08-19, 7:40 PM #11
Check out [url]www.airsoftretreat.com/forums[/url] -- you can find some decent spring guns in the $30-40 range..but for a nice electric gun, you're probably going to end up spending about $300 after the gun, battery, charger, magazines, etc. I do have a spring MP5 I might consider selling..since I have electrics, I don't really use it anymore.

Originally posted by The_Mega_ZZTer:
I think he was just making a CS joke.

The last big game I attended (80 people over 2 days), we had grenades (small firecracker & popcorn kernels, actually..but they worked surprisingly well)..so you never know ;)
woot!
2005-08-19, 10:19 PM #12
Sadly theres no one in my area I hang out with nor is there anyone in my area that I would trust with something like Airsoft. Around here you can't even trust some of the people with a lawn ornament.

I'm just going to wait till I can visit with my sister for long periods of time in Ohio. Theres seem to be a ton of really good airsofters there. In the meantime, I can concentrate more on getting guns I really want, I've already gotten a couple really good ones. :D
2005-08-19, 10:22 PM #13
Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
Sadly theres no one in my area I hang out with nor is there anyone in my area that I would trust with something like Airsoft. Around here you can't even trust some of the people with a lawn ornament.

I'm just going to wait till I can visit with my sister for long periods of time in Ohio. Theres seem to be a ton of really good airsofters there. In the meantime, I can concentrate more on getting guns I really want, I've already gotten a couple really good ones. :D

[url]www.airsoftohio.com[/url] :)

What guns do you have now?
woot!
2005-08-19, 10:26 PM #14
Yeah, have fun, it's great. Aim, it helps, and don't wear too tight of clothing. Reload your clip (if you have one) as much as you can when you get the chance. Team FFA is the best in my opinion, because in CTF it can be hard to tell when someone is hit. And avoid getting shot in the fingernails :o
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-19, 10:28 PM #15
Have fun.
Attachment: 6864/closerange.jpg (35,764 bytes)
2005-08-19, 10:34 PM #16
What guns do you have now?

Springers mostly but the prides of my collection are a pistol gripped Maruzen M870 (beautifiul condition too) and just sent off payment for a KSC USP Compact. Fortunately both were in the US already and neither have had trademarks removed.
2005-08-19, 10:35 PM #17
Springers mostly but the prides of my collection are a pistol gripped Maruzen M870 (beautifiul condition too) and just sent off payment for a KSC USP Compact. Fortunately both were in the US already and neither have had trademarks removed.

Nice. The M870 is gas, no?

I have a few AEGs, as well as a Tokyo Marui Benelli..I love that gun..just something about a shotgun, I guess :D
woot!
2005-08-19, 10:47 PM #18
Yep, the M870 uses gas to fire the BBs and the shells are loaded and ejected like a real shotgun.

There definitely needs to be more shotguns in Airsoft.
2005-08-20, 7:48 AM #19
Yep, the M870 uses gas to fire the BBs and the shells are loaded and ejected like a real shotgun.

There definitely needs to be more shotguns in Airsoft.

If someone were to design a gas shell-ejecting shotgun that could fire ten BBs at 230fps, I'd be really tempted..but I'm spoiled with the range of my TM -- unfortunately, I don't have the nifty shell ejection, and I can't shoot more than 3 BBs at once.
woot!
2005-08-20, 7:53 AM #20
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
Have fun.

[image]

Yuck, Marlboro Menthol. :|
2005-08-20, 12:02 PM #21
LOL, Monoxide that's great.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-20, 2:47 PM #22
Here's some airsoft pics of me, I know that by posting these I am up for grabs for photoshop CS jokes though :(

[http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Space_Bandit/Img_1077.jpg]

[http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Space_Bandit/Img_1079.jpg]
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-20, 4:38 PM #23
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
Here's some airsoft pics of me, I know that by posting these I am up for grabs for photoshop CS jokes though :(

[http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Space_Bandit/Img_1077.jpg]

[http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Space_Bandit/Img_1079.jpg]

What make/model is that gun? TM M4A1..? The foregrip looks a bit different..aftermarket rail system?

Oh -- finger out of the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot.. ;)
woot!
2005-08-20, 4:42 PM #24
Gah, threw away the box, it's an M4 of some type, spring. Came with scope, light, handle, but I don't use that stuff.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-20, 4:48 PM #25
Oh -- finger out of the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot.. ;)

Haha yeah. No need to have your finger in there unless your in a "hostile situation". :)
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;

↑ Up to the top!