Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Aeon Flux
Aeon Flux
2005-08-19, 9:03 PM #1
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/aeon_flux/large.html
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-08-19, 9:07 PM #2
Some friends and I saw that trailer before Four Brothers, we agreed that it looks like one of the worst films ever made. Cliche, cheesey, and just plain awful looking.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-19, 9:10 PM #3
lol and based off a comic and cartoon on MTV.
2005-08-19, 9:11 PM #4
I loved the cartoon so I have high hopes. High hopes that will be **** upon
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-08-19, 9:32 PM #5
Worst costume designs this year?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-19, 9:38 PM #6
I take it not many of you watched the cartoon very often, huh? The costumes and action look all very true to it (was supposed to be an over the top fantasy/sci-fi setting)

Doesn't mean it'll be a good movie, but still
</sarcasm>
2005-08-19, 9:46 PM #7
...likes like an action rip of 1984.

And it looks bad.
2005-08-19, 10:02 PM #8
Hey everyone! Welcome to 1995!. Odds are though most of you didn't even know what MTV was beyond the retroscope of Beavis and Butthead.

And I frigging hate how everyone says "OMG its a rip off of 1984!" when it comes to this movie, Equilibrium, etc. Heck, THX-1138 was a rip, wasn't it? Heck I've never read 1984, so if I write a movie that follows the concept of 1984, am I ripping it off? How can I be if I've never read it?

The Matrix is a rip off of 1984 and Socrates. Never see anyone arguing that.
2005-08-19, 10:06 PM #9
I generally avoid anything and everything produced by MTV.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-19, 10:07 PM #10
The animation in that cartoon always creeped me out. It has potential, but the trailer isn't that great.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-08-19, 10:14 PM #11
I recommend everyone check out the cartoon, if you haven't already. It was a very underground show even for MTV and it was really good.
</sarcasm>
2005-08-19, 10:36 PM #12
I remember watching the 2 minute flick shorts from like back in the earliy 90s (before it became a 1 season show) they did on commericals between shows. It was one of the weirdest things I had ever seen, and never understood why she seemed to die in like every frigging episode.

Hell come to think of it, I still don't understand the show as in every episode, they seem to be in a different city with that guy as the head.

Or why Goodchild didn't shoot her every time she stood before him.

Or why she didn't shoot him.
2005-08-19, 10:52 PM #13
Watched the trailer, Theron doesn't come off as well. She seems to have too much wannabe Angelina Jolie sort of vibe, the trailer feels like a mix of the Tomb Raider movies mixed with Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon cliches. Specifically the part where she's 'hovering' above the knife-grass.

Did anyone else feel like they were watching a Dark Angel commercial at the very beginning?
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-19, 11:07 PM #14
I'll have to check out the animated version, but it doesn't seem like it's translated well to live action. If nothing else I'll rent it.
2005-08-19, 11:07 PM #15
This goes in the "Badly Animated Ideas Box" with Clone Wars.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2005-08-19, 11:15 PM #16
Originally posted by THRAWN:
Hey everyone! Welcome to 1995!. Odds are though most of you didn't even know what MTV was beyond the retroscope of Beavis and Butthead.

And I frigging hate how everyone says "OMG its a rip off of 1984!" when it comes to this movie, Equilibrium, etc. Heck, THX-1138 was a rip, wasn't it? Heck I've never read 1984, so if I write a movie that follows the concept of 1984, am I ripping it off? How can I be if I've never read it?

Right, it looks like a rip off of 1984. I've never seen Eqiulibrium or THX-1138 so I can't comment on those.

Oh, and welcome to 1948 Do yourself a favor and read it.
2005-08-19, 11:24 PM #17
I didn't see the original cartoon, though that seemed quite interesting from what I read... so blah. Movie schmovie.

Clone Wars rocked though.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-20, 5:01 AM #18
Originally posted by THRAWN:

You need to read 1984. The Matrix is nothing like it. There isn't even a government to speak of in the Matrix.

1984 had:
A. All-powerful government
B. Unknowing governed body
C. Disappearing people
D. A resistance movement (Created/controlled by the government, however)
2005-08-20, 5:37 AM #19
WHY are you people dissing this? I think it'll be a run of the mill action flick, but it definetly looks like it'll be fun. Considering the great animation it came from, I don't know how bad this movie has to be. If people liked those horrible RE movies, they'll like this.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-20, 5:44 AM #20
Listen, you can't judge this film or trailer for what it is, unless you've seen the cartoon, which is one of the 'cultest' cartoons ever. It looks very true to the cartoon.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-08-20, 6:41 AM #21
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]You need to read 1984. The Matrix is nothing like it. There isn't even a government to speak of in the Matrix.

1984 had:
C. Disappearing people
D. A resistance movement (Created/controlled by the government, however)[/QUOTE]
Lets disprove your point about them being nothing alike by doing a simple word subsitution

The Matrix had
A. All-powerful machines
C. Disappearing people
D. A resistance movement (controlled by the machines, however)*

*as evidenced when the "creator" was explaining how it had all happened before to neo
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2005-08-20, 8:27 AM #22
The cartoon was definitely well-written, and every episode was relatively stand-alone. My favorite episode of the ones I saw was one about two people trying to escape to a better part of the city, every other scene was a cut to them at work building these parts on an assembly line, when they finally escape the man is attacked and cut-up by machines, made of the very parts the couple built every day at work. I just couldn't get over how cleverly written that episode was.

But, again, something about the animation was just creepy, it was the main reason I never watched an episode of Reign: the Conqueror.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-08-20, 9:32 AM #23
[QUOTE=Compos Mentis]I loved the cartoon so I have high hopes. High hopes that will be **** upon[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

By the way, all of you who are dissing this as 'cliche' sound like snobs. I mean honestly, you could have said the same about The Island...but it still ended up being a great movie. Also, Aeon Flux is one of my favorite series' ever. And also one of the only decent things to come from MTV.
D E A T H
2005-08-20, 9:35 AM #24
It will be good if it involves flux capacitors.
2005-08-20, 2:26 PM #25
Originally posted by money•bie:
It will be good if it involves flux capacitors.

How about a lethal, hot assassin that can catch flys with her eye-lashes? HUH? HOW ABOUT THAT?!
</sarcasm>
2005-08-20, 2:30 PM #26
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]You need to read 1984. The Matrix is nothing like it. There isn't even a government to speak of in the Matrix.

1984 had:
C. Disappearing people
D. A resistance movement (Created/controlled by the government, however)[/QUOTE]

Um...Yeah, after reading letter D it's obvious you just ruined the entire book. :p

↑ Up to the top!