Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hunter S Thompson blown into night sky
Hunter S Thompson blown into night sky
2005-08-21, 9:17 PM #1
what glory, I say. I swear this guy was stoned and drunk from birth till death. :o
2005-08-21, 9:28 PM #2
hehe, bang

What's with the Black Panthers bit? I never got the impression HST was anti-civil rights by any means.
2005-08-21, 9:29 PM #3
Sad that such a great legend is gone. Hopefully everything at the event did happen as he wanted.
D E A T H
2005-08-21, 9:34 PM #4
never heard of him... but still sad he's gone, and good that his wishes for his ashes were fulfilled
2005-08-21, 9:36 PM #5
Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
hehe, bang

What's with the Black Panthers bit? I never got the impression HST was anti-civil rights by any means.

Are you kidding me? the black panthers are a civil rights group? For god's sake, they are the black version of the KKK. Have you read their 14 points plan? Black panthers are seriously messed up.

And Hunter S thompson is definitly a legend. Very cool man.
2005-08-21, 9:36 PM #6
They started as a civil rights group. Originally, they were created in Oakland to offer protection for black citizens against the police.

@ Tuner: Have you seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? The movie is all about him.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-21, 10:08 PM #7
the movie and the book rock. ;)
2005-08-21, 10:36 PM #8
Fear and loathing is nothing compared to his other works, which are much more insane, and much more humorous.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-08-22, 4:36 AM #9
On the Fear and Loathing DVD, there's a BBC documentary dating back to the seventies where Thompson describes this elaborate ceremony. When I first saw it, I didn't believe it would ever happen (especially when you bear in mind that this was a decision he made thrty years ago).
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-08-22, 4:52 AM #10
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Are you kidding me? the black panthers are a civil rights group? For god's sake, they are the black version of the KKK. Have you read their 14 points plan? Black panthers are seriously messed up.

And Hunter S thompson is definitly a legend. Very cool man.[/QUOTE]

Well we can tell you like him.
D E A T H
2005-08-22, 7:03 AM #11
Black version of KKK? Black Panthers had white members.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-22, 7:49 AM #12
Originally posted by Echoman:

Yeah, the White Panthers, right? I'm not sure if they were just the white part of the Black Panthers, believing in the same thing or not, or totally opposite. All I know is that the MC5 were the houseband of the group, and their songs never sounded much like white power songs :P.

But anyway, glad they actually did it. Kudos to Depp for getting it all together, it had been such a long time since he died I didn't know if they were going to pull through.
2005-08-22, 12:29 PM #13
Originally posted by Echoman:

http://www.blackpanther.org/TenPoint.htm

I hate how black panthers have a relatively good reputation. if you knew what these guys were about you wouldn't think that. They are complete idiots.

Here's a few I really like:

"WE WANT FREEDOM FOR ALL BLACK AND OPPRESSED PEOPLE NOW HELD IN U. S. FEDERAL, STATE, COUNTY, CITY AND MILITARY PRISONS AND JAILS. WE WANT TRIALS BY A JURY OF PEERS FOR All PERSONS CHARGED WITH SO-CALLED CRIMES UNDER THE LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY."

Yep, they want EVERY SINGLE BLACK PERSON RELEASED FROM JAIL. After all, no black person ever really committed a crime, it's just the fascist government isn't it? :rolleyes:

The rest of them basically state that the government has to give black people everything for free, such as shelter, jobs, food etc. But they also want complete control of the government.
2005-08-22, 12:34 PM #14
I hate how PETA have a relatively good reputation, and impressional idiots believe everything they say.
2005-08-22, 12:45 PM #15
PETA has a good reputation? o.O
2005-08-22, 12:47 PM #16
Talk to just about any vegan or vegitarian.

Like I said, they have a good reputation with impressionable idiots.
2005-08-22, 12:53 PM #17
It's not good to make sweeping generalizations, Rob. That way lies all manner of bigotry. And madness.
2005-08-22, 12:55 PM #18
I dunno, I've YET to meet a vegan who wasn't a pushy peta toting idiot.

I'm telling you, this generation eats that crap up.
2005-08-22, 1:02 PM #19
Eh, the Black Panthers are well known for their violent encounters. However, they did do some good in the community.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2005-08-22, 7:16 PM #20
Originally posted by Malus:
Eh, the Black Panthers are well known for their violent encounters. However, they did do some good in the community.

Like?

↑ Up to the top!