Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Turkmen pres. rids world of great evil
Turkmen pres. rids world of great evil
2005-08-23, 10:16 AM #1
See here!
Life is beautiful.
2005-08-23, 10:19 AM #2
That's... odd. Why not just ban pop music?
>>untie shoes
2005-08-23, 10:32 AM #3
That whole thing looks like a joke. Based on that article the country seems like some dictatorship from a comedy movie.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-08-23, 10:41 AM #4
An excerpt from Wikipedia's page on Turkmenistan:
Quote:
Niyazov renamed the week days after members of his family and wrote the new turkmen national anthem-oath himself, including phrases that say people who defame the motherland or the Turkmenbashi should lose their arms.

Sounds like the whole country has been turned into one big ego trip for this guy.
2005-08-23, 10:47 AM #5
Wouldn't it be nice to own your own country? :p
Life is beautiful.
2005-08-23, 10:51 AM #6
He seems to have such a solid power that the Evil Overlord List must be very familiar to him.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-08-23, 11:46 AM #7
It makes you want to like him but that other stuff... Ugh, tough decision.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-23, 11:47 AM #8
Originally posted by lassev:
Based on that article the country seems like some dictatorship from a comedy movie.

Best kind.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-08-23, 1:00 PM #9
I actually want to go there for a month or two, you don't see too many personality cult dictatorships around that much anymore.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-23, 1:36 PM #10
Ahh... so this is Bush's next liberation target? YAY! This guy seriously should die... I mean, what he has done is horrible... he should be removed from power, a totally anti democracy dude, cause in democracy, when you suck, you suck... like he does... Bush, please kill him!
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-08-23, 1:37 PM #11
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-23, 1:38 PM #12
Yeah, because we should remove EVERYONE we don't like from power.

Screw Britland, tea drinking buttholes.. INVASION TIME! TONY BLAIR EAT SCUD LOL.

Or how about every middle eastern country, bet there are some people that'd love that.. Especially considering all the fun we're having in Iraq. Which we removed the leader from power, because our leader didn't like him.
2005-08-23, 1:40 PM #13
What I find more amusing is the FOX banner:
[http://morto.dyndns.org/everything!.gif]

"Stuff might exist in those countries, but you don't need to know it! We have everything you ever need to know! Ever! Don't read anything else! It's useless!"

And what the hell?
'Palestinian-American living in the US'

wait.. so a Palestinian living in the US becomes a Palestinian-American but this is a Palestinian-American living in the US!

Yup.. only on Fox..
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-08-23, 1:45 PM #14
I dunno if any man could like this man...
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-08-23, 1:52 PM #15
Well alot of his decisions are quite stupid but ya gotta appreciate the fact he's keeping his citizens from turning into mindless pop culture drones. :p
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-23, 3:25 PM #16
I still don't see why he would outlaw opera and ballet.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-23, 3:29 PM #17
Hahah yeah thats the funny part that I noticed too. This does seem like a dictatorship from a comedy movie...
2005-08-23, 7:14 PM #18
Opera and ballet in their European incarnations are not elements of traditional Turkmenbashi culture. It seems that he's trying to insolate his people from the infectious effects (whether they're good or bad is up to you, but they do spread like wildfire, just like popped collars and condoms) of Western culture.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.

↑ Up to the top!