Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I might actually go!!
I might actually go!!
2005-09-02, 7:20 AM #1
There's an article in our newspaper saying that the Red Cross has about 40 volunteers, and they're looking for more to go to storm-hit areas (Louisiana, Alabama). They have a training/etc thing tomorrow at 10am, and they want two weeks.. Since I'm not working now (and we're not moving immediately anyway) I can go - if things work out, which I hope they will. :)
woot!
2005-09-02, 9:59 AM #2
Good luck.
:master::master::master:
2005-09-02, 10:41 AM #3
Good luck, and good work. :)
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-09-02, 11:03 AM #4
Cool man! My dad might be going too.
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
2005-09-02, 6:21 PM #5
I went to the first 'training' (watch a video..lol) thing today..going to finish tomorrow, and wait and see if I get a phone call saying I'm going. :)
woot!
2005-09-02, 7:35 PM #6
i respect you sooo much. good on ya and the boys like ya.
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2005-09-02, 8:31 PM #7
Originally posted by Wolvie17:
i respect you sooo much. good on ya and the boys like ya.

Haven't seen you in a while - maybe I should drop by the chat more often..:)
woot!
2005-09-02, 11:18 PM #8
Bring a gun.
2005-09-03, 2:12 AM #9
Wow. That was lame. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they'll take you, Lee. They need all the help they can get.
Pissed Off?
2005-09-03, 11:39 AM #10
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
Bring a gun.

If I had a CC permit, and if it was acknowledged in whichever state I hopefully go to, and if the Red Cross allowed it, I might consider. However, the Red Cross is only going to areas already secured by the National Guard, US Army, police forces, etc - so there are many others better prepared (and trained) than I.
woot!
2005-09-03, 8:10 PM #11
Don't go near any place where there is looting and gangs if you can't have a gun.
2005-09-03, 8:13 PM #12
There are always looting and gangs in big cities.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-03, 9:08 PM #13
Originally posted by CadetLee:
If I had a CC permit

Assuming you mean concealed carry... this is not a situation where you want to conceal it. This is a situation where you'd want that gun to be in plain view to cause much cowering in fear of provoking your wrath. :p

Actually just stay in protective distance of those national guard snipers they've shown on tv, that should be good enough. :D
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-09-03, 9:13 PM #14
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
Bring a gun.

I agree...if only you could. If you do go, be careful. I respect you for stepping up and trying to help, and if you are willing to try to help, i hope they take you.

Good luck!

Zlocista
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-09-03, 9:25 PM #15
It'd be cool if you get to go. The stuff you might see can change your life. After the vomit syndrome goes away, that is. So, yeah. It's cool.
幻術
2005-09-03, 9:34 PM #16
I really respect you man, if I were 18, and didn't have school, I might have done the same.

Good luck, and may the gods protect you.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-09-04, 9:06 AM #17
Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
Assuming you mean concealed carry... this is not a situation where you want to conceal it. This is a situation where you'd want that gun to be in plain view to cause much cowering in fear of provoking your wrath. :p

Actually just stay in protective distance of those national guard snipers they've shown on tv, that should be good enough. :D

Open carry is illegal in most states, and the Red Cross isn't usually carrying guns..lol..
woot!
2005-09-05, 6:53 AM #18
I remember wanting to volunteer after the tsunami, but I was still at uni. I may yet try to get into a rebuilding program, once I can spare the time. I'd offer to go to the states now, except it would cost more to ship me over there than I'd be worth. Plus, I was offered a job today, which my financial situation demands I take.

But well done Lee, take care of yourself.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!

↑ Up to the top!