Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Maybe its just my city....
Maybe its just my city....
2003-12-18, 7:19 AM #1
Everyone and there mom went to see LotR last night. I was seriously by myself. But I kept my pride, and I did not jump on the bandwagon.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2003-12-18, 7:34 AM #2
What?

Okay.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.rot13.com" TARGET=_blank>Wnav "Xebxb" Ghbzvara
w_ghbzvara@yhhxxh.pbz</A>
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2003-12-18, 7:43 AM #3
Was the opening last night then? I'll see it eventually, maybe in the theater, maybe not.
2003-12-18, 7:45 AM #4
I'll see it tomorrow.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.rot13.com" TARGET=_blank>Wnav "Xebxb" Ghbzvara
w_ghbzvara@yhhxxh.pbz</A>
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2003-12-18, 7:46 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
Everyone and there mom went to see LotR last night. I was seriously by myself. But I kept my pride, and I did not jump on the bandwagon.

</font>

everyone didn't go see it because everyone else was seeing it, they saw it because they like it or thought it would be good. it's not a bandwagon in that sense.

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2003-12-18, 7:50 AM #6
It's cool to be uncool?

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-12-18, 7:55 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GhostOfYoda:
It's cool to be uncool?

</font>

Its been like that for a while GoY... I mean... Hot Topic?

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-18, 7:56 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by saberopus:

everyone didn't go see it because everyone else was seeing it, they saw it because they like it or thought it would be good. it's not a bandwagon in that sense.

</font>

No, everyone was jumping on the bandwagon.

GoY: I don't want to stur up unnesscary trouble, so I will refrain from responding to your commit from my heart.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2003-12-18, 7:59 AM #9
Whatever. I'm going tonight, bandwagon or not

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-18, 8:00 AM #10
Umm, Ubuu, your not alone. I havent seen it either. And I wont. Not until it comes out on some sort of media....

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-18, 8:02 AM #11
I'm not going to jump on the dentist bandwagon. I'm not going to see the dentist! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] <-- see? My teeth are fine.
2003-12-18, 1:33 PM #12
/me picks up Jedi Legends teeth as he walks

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2003-12-18, 1:35 PM #13
Ubuu, it's only like the most anticipated trilogy to be released in years... MUST BE A BANDWAGON!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2003-12-18, 1:35 PM #14
i don't like having to go to movies and wait in lines for long times i plan not to see until the crowd control is a little better [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2003-12-18, 4:27 PM #15
The best part was when he ate a fish.

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2003-12-18, 5:05 PM #16
Wait, so you don't want to see it because it looks bad, or you don't want to see it because it's popular?

If it's the ladder, you're being really stupid. Something being popular doesn't make it bad, and something being unpopular doesn't make it good. Wake up and realize that being cool or uncool doesn't matter. Just be who you are, like what you want to like, and do what you want to do.

Seriously, what are you saying? "I'm going to be a rebel and NOT see this movie!" Fine, have fun. There's a lot of movies I don't see. Why make it such a big deal?

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2003-12-18, 6:46 PM #17
I'll admit I only saw the first one because I felt pressured to because of the 'bandwagon'. But I ended up liking it. I've never read any of the books or anything. I just like the movies..

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2003-12-19, 11:24 AM #18
Unless I've missed the point, Ubuu's saying that he didn't go with his mum, unlike everyone else, which would be the intended bandwagon.

------------------
Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here, this was my dream, my wish, and it didn't come true. So I'm takin' it back. I'm takin' 'em all back.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2003-12-19, 8:18 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by - Tony -:
Unless I've missed the point, Ubuu's saying that he didn't go with his mum, unlike everyone else, which would be the intended bandwagon.

</font>

Yeah, that's what I thought he was saying. But if you didn't go and see it just because everyone else did, then that's pretty...silly.

OMG! EVERYONE ELSE IS BREATHING. I'M GOING TO BE A REBLE AND NOT BREATH. HAHA, STUPID BANDWAGON.

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance

[This message has been edited by Jin (edited December 19, 2003).]
2003-12-19, 8:26 PM #20
I find myself in not a big hurry to see RotK.

1) I despise long lines with a passion.
2) I do know what is going to happen and more.
3) I'll see it when I see it.

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2003-12-20, 12:59 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Everyone and there mom went to see LotR last night. I was seriously by myself. But I kept my pride, and I did not jump on the bandwagon.</font>

...your pride must be in a bit of a sorry state if this mini-rebellion is something you think is noteworthy.
"The moral of the story? No means no, especially when it comes to the English language. It's not into the kinky stuff you want it to do, and therefore you should not force it." - Darko

↑ Up to the top!