Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Me and 4 friends bought some cheapo airsoft pistols...
Me and 4 friends bought some cheapo airsoft pistols...
2005-09-24, 9:27 AM #1
And wow, fun to the max! Eventually we will buy some high quality gear, but ATM what we got is good enough.

We played a few matches in the woods at night, at a school (best place so far), and in my friends backyard which had lots of cover and places to hide. I can say now, that video games aren't quiet as exciting as they used to be. ;)

Anyways, who else plays? I know there are quite a few of ya.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-09-24, 9:29 AM #2
I play paintball, but carry a crappy Airsoft sidearm (spring-shot). What I really want is an airsoft P90
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-09-24, 9:33 AM #3
Yeah! :D

Playing so many FPSers does have its advantages though, you can use your tactics that you mastered in games and put 'em to use during matches, with any restrictive movement set on by the game.
a stroll to my step;
2005-09-24, 11:17 AM #4
Good thing I've got so much practice climbing up ladders while reloading!
This Space Intentionally Left Blank.
2005-09-24, 11:22 AM #5
I just got an Airsoft P90 this past week. Unfortunately, it isn't the most high quality gun ever. But you just can't beat $30. And it's battery powered, which is kinda cool.

I also carry a spring-shot Airsoft pistol when I play paintball. I must say, it has come in handy from time to time.
2005-09-24, 11:52 AM #6
I'm looking to get into Airsoft as well. I've been looking at the cheap AEG's but I just haven't been convinced of quality yet. I've only seen them online, so I'd like to find a store near me that sells them. I'd like to see the quality first hand.

One of the first guns I'd like is a shotgun. I've heard of shotguns that load more BB's each time you cock it, anybody know of any cheap ones like that?
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-09-24, 12:09 PM #7
I bought a beretta pistol that really hurts to get hit with. My friend shot me in the tooth with it from about 20 yards away. :(
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-09-24, 12:47 PM #8
Originally posted by Crimson:
I'm looking to get into Airsoft as well. I've been looking at the cheap AEG's but I just haven't been convinced of quality yet. I've only seen them online, so I'd like to find a store near me that sells them. I'd like to see the quality first hand.

One of the first guns I'd like is a shotgun. I've heard of shotguns that load more BB's each time you cock it, anybody know of any cheap ones like that?

At the place I bought mine, that had a shotty that shoots as fast as you pump. Army of Darkness style! :o
a stroll to my step;
2005-09-24, 12:48 PM #9
I shot a friend in the back of the hand from about 2 ft, left a nice little welt (using 6mm paintballs). AOL CDs make great target practice, too.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-09-24, 1:05 PM #10
Heck yeah I play :p

[http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Space_Bandit/Img_1077.jpg]

[http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Space_Bandit/Img_1078.jpg]

A lot of the kids here though are wimps so it sometimes sucks to shoot one person and have everyone quit the match cause they are scared of being shot.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-09-24, 1:17 PM #11
Also, any match ideas for 5 people would be nice, or 2 on 2.

We will mostly be playing in a forest with paths in the afternoon/night.

I was thinking of having a 2 man team run ahead, plan some kind of ambush attempt, while the 3 man team must stick to the paths and search the area. Or maybe get my 13 year old cousin in and have him play as a hostage and have a live CS round. :D
a stroll to my step;
2005-09-24, 1:21 PM #12
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
A lot of the kids here though are wimps so it sometimes sucks to shoot one person and have everyone quit the match cause they are scared of being shot.

OMG? Are you serious? Wow. I think the funnest (that a word? :o ) thing to do is to make a run for a piece of cover while a friend watches your back. I don't give a **** about being shot. Sure sometimes it stings, but a team quiting because one of their mates was hit? Hahah!
a stroll to my step;

↑ Up to the top!