Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I was walking down the street...
I was walking down the street...
2005-09-26, 9:08 PM #1
I was taking my dog for a walk down the street during the afternoon. The scenery was nice. Then a bug went into my eye. It hurt like hell.

Did you ever have a moment you remember that something out of the blue comes into your life? You know, it slaps you and leaves?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-26, 9:10 PM #2
I had a bug lodge itself in my eye on the first lap of a 2 mile race. Running with one good eye is a lot harder than it might sound.
2005-09-26, 9:37 PM #3
I've had my share of bugs fly into my eyes. Then I killed them.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-09-26, 9:42 PM #4
I was riding my bike one time and got a bug in my eye. It wasn't very fun.
Pissed Off?
2005-09-26, 9:46 PM #5
Driving and a seagull was in the middle of the road. I figured it would move, but it never did, and I hit it doing 140 km/h. Damn bird got stuck in the well of one of my front wheels too. Made one hell of a mess to clean up.

F*cking seagull.
2005-09-26, 9:47 PM #6
I was running in the park once with my head leaned back and my mouth open and I ran straight into a cloud of tiny flies. Some escaped through my nose, but most were swallowed whole.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2005-09-26, 10:44 PM #7
singing do what did he did he dumb did he do....
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-09-27, 12:21 AM #8
I was running on the footpath once and I ran past this flowery bush and I felt something go in my mouth so i spat it out quick - It was a bee. Good thing it didn't sting the inside of my throat.
2005-09-27, 1:02 AM #9
It was finally my brood's mating period and we all competitively flew about, trying to attract a potential mate. The competition was brutal, but it had to be.. for the betterment of our species. Suddenly an enormous black void appeared around several of us, and we were trapped in a wet, dark, windy tunnel. As the cave started to convulse and make horrible noises, my childhood flashed before my eyes.. so many innocent moments spent in the pond, playing with the other larvae and feasting on decaying vegetable matter. Then we were crushed to death.
2005-09-27, 3:05 AM #10
This one time, I poked my head out of the water, only to be engulfed by more water that slaped my face, leaving a red mark, and made it hard to get some air at the same time since it was over my head.

Dang waves. Dang beach.

In all seriousness though:
I had 2 near-animal collisions on my route to deliver food for my restaurant (caterings and such). It was in a fairly expensive house development, partially in a nature-esque region. I'm driving along, take a look down to turn on the radio, I start singing to it, then this giant tan dog jumps RIGHT in frony of my car out of nowhere. It almost stops, about 25 feet in front of me, but I'm going a good 40-60ish mph. I slam on the brakes, it leaps into the middle of the road, out of my way, then I realize it was a deer. scared the willies out of me.

Secondtime it was a collision with a bird. I'm driving, as usualy, I see a bird, as usual, except this one flies the direction I'm going, then lands right in front of my car. Yes, again, I'm going a good 40-60 mph. So when it tried to get out of the way, I found a great many feathers in my grill (might still be there? I haven't checked since hten). Unfortunately the bird died and fell on the road.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-09-27, 4:31 AM #11
Happens to me all the time. Just last week, an ex came up to me, slapped me hard and walked away. :( I think she's still pissed I found someone a little less crazy than her to start a family with.

sigh.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-09-27, 5:11 AM #12
Originally posted by Primate:
Running with one good eye is a lot harder than it might sound.

It sure is easier than running with no good eye. :D
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-09-27, 6:16 AM #13
I was riding my bike down a hill doing maybe 15 mph when a bee or a big fly or something hit my eye. I could actually hear it go "thunk"
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-09-27, 6:23 AM #14
I wear glasses. :D

2005-09-27, 11:41 AM #15
[QUOTE=The Mega-ZZTer]I wear glasses. :D[/QUOTE]

I don't :D:D
/fluffle
2005-09-27, 12:33 PM #16
I've had tiny bugs fly into my eyes on more than one occasion. The funny thing is, they go inside my eyelids and just disappear. I really hope they're not still in there.

Also, my dad drove right over a turtle on the way to the cottage once. Luckily, his car is pretty high off the ground and the turtle escaped from the encounter without a scratch on him. I envy that turtle... :mad:
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-09-27, 2:58 PM #17
I was crossing a busy street yesterday, and as I was almost to the sidewalk, my backpack suddenly unzipped a little and my binder fell out onto the road.

Needless to say, some ******* ran over it and smushed it flat. :(
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-09-27, 3:31 PM #18
I was walking down the street, rocking my beat, when a mosquito just flew into my mouth and got stuck in my throat! It was awful, lol. I felt it moving, but I couldn't get it out, nor swallow it (yuck)... so I ran into a bar and ordered the largest beer... that mosquito must have died drunk... there are worse ways to go ;)
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-09-27, 4:36 PM #19
"PETER! Were you sleeping on the job?"
"What? No there was a bug in my eye and I was tryin' to suffocate 'em."
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-09-27, 5:56 PM #20
one day, in the very mery month of may
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-09-27, 7:37 PM #21
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I was crossing a busy street yesterday, and as I was almost to the sidewalk, my backpack suddenly unzipped a little and my binder fell out onto the road.

Needless to say, some ******* ran over it and smushed it flat. :(

See, that sucks, but I pride myself on my ability to be a jackass at times. I was driving about a month ago near my girlfriend's house, and I see a purse in the road. I debate stopping to nab it, but decide it's better to run it over.. I hit it with two tires and went along my way. I then noticed a girl in a formal gown flipping me off and walking down the road from a jeep pulled over.. I laughed for hours. It was so great...

:D
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-09-27, 7:42 PM #22
Originally posted by Yecti:
See, that sucks, but I pride myself on my ability to be a jackass at times. I was driving about a month ago near my girlfriend's house, and I see a purse in the road. I debate stopping to nab it, but decide it's better to run it over.. I hit it with two tires and went along my way. I then noticed a girl in a formal gown flipping me off and walking down the road from a jeep pulled over.. I laughed for hours. It was so great...

Beautiful.
D E A T H
2005-09-27, 8:02 PM #23
Originally posted by Yecti:

hahahaha greatness
2005-09-27, 8:07 PM #24
I remember racing with a buddy on some bikes on a trail in the woods by my cottage. He swallowed a bee. I smoked his ***.
2005-09-27, 8:10 PM #25
I had one hit me in the ear.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-09-28, 3:52 AM #26
Hmm. I never hit a bird with my car before. Maybe I don't want to find out.
2005-09-28, 8:56 PM #27
The other day I was drinking from a can of Coke. When I began to lower it from my lips, I guess I must have did it too fast or something, because a single large drop of Coke literally jumped out of the can, under my glasses, and directly into my left eye. Coke is both acidic and sticky, two properties of a liquid that you do not want in your eye. It hurt for hours.
2005-09-28, 9:15 PM #28
I had a bee in my shirt once. I was walking through the branches of a willow tree, and felt something in my shirt. I assumed it was a seed from the tree, so I reached inside my shirt and pulled it out, only to discover that I held between my fingers a live bee. The thing was buzzing it's wings madly. I let go of it in shock, and it flew off. I was very surprised it didn't sting me. I think it was in shock or something.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-09-28, 9:28 PM #29
Ooh, I forgot.

So one day, this fly is buzzing aorund in my room, and I ignore it. I aim for some fruit in my diet, so I decide to grab some grape juice. I get the grape juice, head back to my room, then set the juice down. I go to my computer and start swatting at the fly every other second, then I decide to find a way to get rid of the fly, and I go for my grape juice to get a quick drink before I head to the kitchen to grab the fly swatter.

I kid you not.

The fly flew into the grape juice and drowned RIGHT as the grape juice and the rim of the glass were headed for my mouth, inches from being drunk.

I was disgusted and amazed.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-09-29, 6:42 PM #30
one time i was running....and i was running really fast, breathing in and out of my mouth...lost my breath and started making donkey noises (hee...haw...hee...haw) breathing in and out. i was like 'WTF?'
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-09-30, 10:58 AM #31
Originally posted by Veger:
The fly flew into the grape juice and drowned RIGHT as the grape juice and the rim of the glass were headed for my mouth, inches from being drunk.

I was disgusted and amazed.

Heh. I was at a resturant, and a fly drowned itself in the butter sauce in my lobster plate. Greasy, dead flies are never a good sight.
2005-09-30, 8:02 PM #32
Originally posted by Veger:
then this giant tan dog jumps RIGHT in frony of my car out of nowhere. ... then I realize it was a deer. scared the willies out of me.

Ok, how does one mix up a dog and a deer?
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-10-01, 6:26 PM #33
Well, if you are heading towards something in a car fast, I think alot more is on the mind other than what species the organism you are about to hit.
2005-10-02, 2:26 PM #34
Originally posted by Shintock:
Driving and a seagull was in the middle of the road. I figured it would move, but it never did, and I hit it doing 140 km/h. Damn bird got stuck in the well of one of my front wheels too. Made one hell of a mess to clean up.

F*cking seagull.

That's almost worse than getting a large dog stuck under your car after you hit it head on.

>.>
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!