Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Firefly on TV!!?? ... back to back!! *gasp*
Firefly on TV!!?? ... back to back!! *gasp*
2005-09-26, 11:15 PM #1
That's right, for those of you who doubt Serenity, or who are too cheap to buy the TV show Firefly to witness awesomeness at it's finest, The Sci-Fi channel will be airing the first 9 episodes of the short-lived phenominon (sp) Firefly.

12 PM - 9 PM

This is your chance to see what all the fuss is all about, quite possibly the best TV show made in recent years. Afterwards there is a "making of serenity" 1 hour special at 10 PM.

So for crying out loud, those who haven't seen firefly, or who are too lazy to get off their keester to buy the show... WATCH FIREFLY TOMMORROW, tuesday hte 26th.

It's likely one of the last chacnes you'll get to see one of the best cancelled shows on TV again... not to mention one of the best shows, ever made.

[http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0001B3YTM.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-09-26, 11:20 PM #2
Yep. I'm going to watch all the Firefly episodes then go see Serenity. It will be awesome.
Pissed Off?
2005-09-26, 11:25 PM #3
I have class tomorrow... ALL of tomorrow...

:mad:

Damn those labs
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2005-09-26, 11:59 PM #4
First of all, damn FOX to hell for cancelling the show.

Second of all, damn the fact that I don't get Sci-Fi channel :(
2005-09-27, 12:27 AM #5
I don't have SciFi channel. Maybe I'll see it if/when it pulls a Family Guy and returns to Fox. There are plenty of garbage shows they could get rid of to free up room, but they'd probably axe something semi-interesting instead like House... well, it is Fox.
2005-09-27, 5:25 AM #6
My girlfriend and I are going to spend Friday night watching all the episodes; then go see Serenity on Saturday.

It's gonna be awesome.
Stuff
2005-09-27, 12:09 PM #7
Ok ok Im watching it, but sadly I can only catch 2 episodes since I work tonight.

Ok this is without a doubt one of the most boring things Ive ever seen. Im 30 minutes into the episode and ready to gouge out my eyes. If this show is so great, why didnt another network pick it up? Seriously, if I were an executive at Fox, I'd of cut it off before the first episode even finished being watched. From what I am seeing this is just a rip off of Aliens and Predator, bodies being strung from the cielings? A crazy guy (well it was a girl in Aliens) found alone scared on a ship?
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-09-27, 12:29 PM #8
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
First of all, damn FOX to hell for cancelling the show.

Second of all, damn the fact that I don't get Sci-Fi channel :(

^_^ I hear ya, man. Same situation over at my place.

Manomanomanoman~!~!!!!!! I cnanot wiat for teh Sreenity. My spellungn is all screwdiy with ecxitmeent! alighwklghkslajgsakljfjkl'saf!!!! Yay!!! Gonna go see it on opening night, if I can.

Biiiiiiig Firefly uberfan.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-09-27, 1:00 PM #9
Ok I gotta admit, there are a couple things I find interesting from the show. The fact that they are in the future, but aren't wearing amazing future clothes like in Star Trek or Lost in Space. Instead they are wearing normal clothes, go into bars that look like your average bar would wheather it be 2005, 1495 or whatever year this show takes place.
2005-09-27, 1:03 PM #10
Originally posted by THRAWN:
Ok ok Im watching it, but sadly I can only catch 2 episodes since I work tonight.

Ok this is without a doubt one of the most boring things Ive ever seen. Im 30 minutes into the episode and ready to gouge out my eyes. If this show is so great, why didnt another network pick it up? Seriously, if I were an executive at Fox, I'd of cut it off before the first episode even finished being watched. From what I am seeing this is just a rip off of Aliens and Predator, bodies being strung from the cielings? A crazy guy (well it was a girl in Aliens) found alone scared on a ship?

That 1 episode is only 1 chapter of the story of the show.

It's not supposed to stand alone as a "we found a ship with bodies on it" episode.

It's about 2 things, an introduction to reavers, cannibals, in the series, and it actually gets quite dramatic when an alliance cruiser comes by and puts Serenity's crew under arrest under looting charges (looting the ship they find). Then the reaver gets loose and attacks people on the alliance ship, cannibalism and the way reavers act is finally shown in the show.

ALSO... it helps to have background on the show, the characters, seeing the first two episodes. Without knowing that... the show likely won't be interesting (it may be hard to get into with that episode).
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-09-27, 1:16 PM #11
So basically now even if I see the rest of the show, its gonna bore me, and if I see the movie I won't get it?
2005-09-27, 1:51 PM #12
I'm taping even now...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-09-27, 2:16 PM #13
So basically now even if I see the rest of the show, its gonna bore me, and if I see the movie I won't get it?

What?

Watch the series from show one. Seriously, that's like jumping into the middle of TNG, going "I don't get it" and giving up on the show.

Not to mention, you're going at it with a negative attitude, go at it with an open mind. It's corny, but it's wonderful, and it DID get picked up by another network--but it took forever as is for it to get recognized by most places, as it was a sleeper hit that's slowly been spreading. Hopefully Joss will continue making it, but as he's already made a statement that he won't make any more series, but might make more movies, I find it doubtful :\
D E A T H
2005-09-27, 3:34 PM #14
***small Firefly spoilers***

Thrawn, no.

I'm just saying that that particular episode was less about the characters and more about "lets put them in this situation and tell a story about the reavers/cannibals that we talked about in the pilot."
It wasn't vital to the over story of the series, most of the other episodes are easy enough to catch onto.

Watch 2 episodes, any 2 episodes, and you'll get a feel for the show. There are lots of small details, if you find it boring it's because you're not paying enough attention. You can miss alot in small dialogue. The show isn't like "every episode is exactly the same way" Every episode is different, it's a different story. Different premises. It's just all the same set. Theres drama, humor, action, etc. It's not just an "Enterprise will rescure people on the ship and it will be like every other recycled episoded of sci fi in history". It's more about "These are the people in space, doing the job, trying to get by, trying to get cash, and they run into the fringe cannibals of space.

or...

Theres an episode where Mal (captain) tries to get a job by going to a fancy dinner party that Inara (companion/prostitute) is at, as she's attending to her customer, dancing and being formal and such. Then mal decides to defend her honor and fights her customer with a duel of swords... except he doesn't know how to use a sword.

or...

Mal gets on board after pulling a small job ofr a small town... comes back and figures out that he got married and has no idea what to do with this woman on his ship.

or...

Jayne comes to a town where he thinks he's in trouble iwth the law and finds out he's a folk hero, with his own statue and song.

It's a great many things, this show.
2005-09-27, 4:08 PM #15
This is one of those things that makes me wish I watched television. :p
2005-09-27, 6:18 PM #16
Why aren't they showing all 14? Not that it matters to me, as I have the series on DVD, but Trash is one of the best episodes, and The Message is one of the most poignant. Seems like an awful shame to leave them out. Oh well. I'll definately be watching the "Making of Serenity" special though.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-09-27, 7:30 PM #17
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I'm so incredibly psyched to see the movie now after the making of special. Why must I wait until Friday? Why?
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-09-27, 7:54 PM #18
Oh goodness, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait

really, I can't
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-09-27, 8:36 PM #19
I've seen Serenity. (Legally. Preview screening)

It's worth it. Whether you've seen the series, or if this is your introduction. It's worth it.

That is all.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-09-27, 8:41 PM #20
If this show is so great, why didnt another network pick it up? Seriously, if I were an executive at Fox, I'd of cut it off before the first episode even finished being watched.

1.) Fox ****ed it all up by not showing the shows in order and not giving it a consistent time slot. YOu do that to any show and you're going to kill it.

2.) Rather than continue making the show, they decidied to shoot a feature film, so it did get picked up.
Pissed Off?
2005-09-27, 10:15 PM #21
First of all, it was Universal, not Fox, that picked it up.

Second of all, I've watched 15 minutes of the behind the scenes of serenity... I can't watch it anymore. Too... good. I can't ruin the movie. :(.
2005-09-27, 10:20 PM #22
Fox aired it originally, though.
Pissed Off?
2005-09-27, 10:23 PM #23
Well, yeah.
2005-09-28, 9:04 AM #24
I've not seen firefly before, but Sci-fi have it on a marathon this saturday and sunday. Taping.
nope.
2005-09-28, 5:59 PM #25
Meh. Space aired the entire series on Labour day (besides, we don't get Sci-Fi up here in the great white north :()
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2005-09-29, 4:46 AM #26
I've watched the first two episodes so far. Kind of like western meets Enterprise to me.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."

↑ Up to the top!