Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Things NOT to do while watching LotR
Things NOT to do while watching LotR
2003-12-18, 12:12 AM #1
1. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says, "the Ring."
2. Ask everyone around you if they think Gandalf went to Hogwarts.
3. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mis..ter Ander-sonnn."
4. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.
5. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep," Monty Python style.
6. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout, "RUN FOREST, RUN!"
7. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!"
8. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"
9. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.
10 When they go in the paths of the dead, wait for a tense moment and shout, "I see dead people!"
11. Imitate what you think a conversation between Gollum, Dobby and Yoda would be like.
11. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theater during the Shelob scene.
13. When Shelob comes on, exclaim, "Man!Charlotte's really let herself go!"

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-18, 12:28 AM #2
6, 8 and 11 made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes. Good stuff. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2003-12-18, 12:52 AM #3
I'm sooooooo tempted to do 5 and 6...but I think it's safe to say I'd be lynched. And 13(?) is classic too.

------------------
maeve is learning to sit up
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2003-12-18, 12:52 AM #4
LOL...my ex-girlfriend loves LotR so much she had a ring engraved so it looked exactly like the one in the movie. She'd love this list.

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2003-12-18, 1:32 AM #5
I did #3 all through the movie. And I did quite a bit of #4 as well.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-12-18, 3:43 AM #6
Spork, your going to get me in trouble one of these days. I need to stop reading these in class.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2003-12-18, 5:55 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
6. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout, "RUN FOREST, RUN!"
</font>

Dammit. Now I need to see the movie just to use this line...
2003-12-18, 5:56 AM #8
Very clever. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-18, 6:57 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:

5. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep," Monty Python style.
</font>

thankyou for giving me ideas! here's to the videow camra!(nick and mark) [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2003-12-18, 11:20 AM #10
Where's 12?

------------------
1 of 14 - The Coucil still lives
6-16 Never Forget.
Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2003-12-18, 11:26 AM #11
When I went, after one of the scenes near the end where the screen fades to black for a moment, some dumb fool yelled out, "Does this movie ever end?"

I wanted to go over and smack him, heh.
2003-12-18, 11:29 AM #12
I did #3 waaaaaaaaay too often.

Great stuff.

------------------
<kyle90> i got my SAT scores back
<kyle90> according to the sheet i got sent in the mail, I did "better than 99% of all college-bound seniors"
<kyle90> of course, thats comparing me to americans
<kyle90> so its not really a fair assessment
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2003-12-18, 2:51 PM #13
dammit Spork, no 6 made me laugh so hard I gagged on my lunch.
2003-12-18, 3:36 PM #14
#6 is the best of them all

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2003-12-18, 4:57 PM #15
I found this on bash.org quite a while ago...

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">For those of you planning on seeing the third LOTR movie at the theater her are some survival tips.
1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where the hell is Harry Potter?"
2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" - After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."
3. At some point during the movie, stand up and shout: "I must go! Middle Earth needs me!" and run and try to jump into the screen. After bouncing off, return quietly to your seat.
4. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says: "The Ring."
5. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.
6. Ask the nearest ring-nut if he thinks Gandalf went to Hogwarts
7. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."
8. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"
9. At the end, complain that Gollum was offensive to Ethiopians
10. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.
11. When Shelob appears, pinch the guy in front of you on the back of the neck.
12. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.
13. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"
14. Ask people around you who they think is the next "Terminator" sent from the Middle Earth of the future to assassinate Frodo Baggins
15. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"
16. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.
17. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"
18. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.
19. Start an Orc sing-a-long.
20. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking terribly confused.</font>

------------------
All the prism in the world couldn't make hue.

[This message has been edited by Vincent Valentine (edited December 18, 2003).]
2003-12-18, 8:02 PM #16
When I saw RotK for the second time, my friends and I dressed up as Star Trek charachters... we got some wierd looks...

------------------
"I must find somone... to
send to Riven."
-Atrus, 'Riven'

[This message has been edited by MYSTboy (edited December 18, 2003).]
"I must find somone... to send to Riven."
-Atrus, 'Riven'

Whatever you do, do NOT click here! don't even try!
2003-12-18, 11:19 PM #17
I bet.

I knew I should have read this thread before I saw the movie [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-19, 6:36 AM #18
Yep! Did #3 a lot! Also generally mocked the hell out of the "ultra-bad black guy" whose voice was as scary as something not very scary.

------------------
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
2003-12-19, 7:04 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MYSTboy:
When I saw RotK for the second time, my friends and I dressed up as Star Trek charachters... we got some wierd looks...

</font>

Reminds me of the guy dressed up as Gandlaf and the guy dressed up as Spock at the Star Wars premier.
<3 Triumph.

------------------
June 16 - A night to remember
Ex-Council of 14

Miken
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem solve itself?"
2003-12-19, 9:14 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KegZ:
LOL...my ex-girlfriend loves LotR so much she had a ring engraved so it looked exactly like the one in the movie. She'd love this list.

</font>

to bad shes ur ex she seems like a real keeper.... ....... ...

------------------
-If you don't know, then don't ask...
-If you don't know, then don't ask...
2003-12-19, 9:22 AM #21
[http://www.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/ffn/strips/Strip035.jpg]
The answer is maybe.
2003-12-20, 10:43 AM #22
Said by OB3BornToBeFree:
Is this REALLY "Things NOT to do while watching LotR" or is it "13 ways of anoying your fellow LotR fans at the movies"? Just an opinion.
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2003-12-20, 10:48 AM #23
Most of them are things not to say, because you fellow LotRians will mug you.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!