Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → wtf
wtf
2005-09-27, 6:17 PM #1
wtf

Okay, yeah, **** you too Steam.
Attachment: 7452/untitled2.JPG (6,300 bytes)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-09-27, 6:19 PM #2
Try restarting Steam. Happened to me yesterday. Restarting seems to fix it.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-09-27, 6:28 PM #3
You think you've got it bad; Steam hasn't even let me log in for the past week...
Stuff
2005-09-27, 6:31 PM #4
[http://web.tiscali.it/fabioracco2/images/Whois16.gif]

HA, HA!
2005-09-27, 6:47 PM #5
Heh, it "disqualified" my perfectly legal Half-Life CD key like, a year ago. Not that there aren't ways around that, but it's sort of strange how Valve seemingly forces a number of people to take them.
幻術
2005-09-27, 6:58 PM #6
Eh, just restart steam. Not that big of a deal.
D E A T H
2005-09-27, 7:18 PM #7
But why should I have to? That's the sign of ****ty software.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-09-27, 7:20 PM #8
Originally posted by Freelancer:
But why should I have to? That's the sign of ****ty software.

Okay? Are you done whining? Because you're just telling us **** we already know.
D E A T H
2005-09-27, 7:20 PM #9
I got that message yesterday. When I tried to restart Steam, it gave me another message saying I couldn't close it because the unavailable program was still running (odd because I had just started Steam). Trying several times over 15 minutes fixed it.

This new patch rocks.
2005-09-27, 7:21 PM #10
Steam has never given me problems, EVER. I think you guys all just suck the big one. Oh yes, I went there.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-09-27, 7:23 PM #11
The very notion that I can't play a game that is on my own hardrive is stupidly dumb. NO OTHER GAME EVER would do this. EVER.
2005-09-27, 7:23 PM #12
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Steam has never given me problems, EVER. I think you guys all just suck the big one. Oh yes, I went there.[/QUOTE]

It's given me plenty of problems. But so far it's been more help than hassle. I mean, you can't beat going to an uncle's house, downloading CS, and playing even though your copy of the game has been lost for years.
D E A T H
2005-09-27, 7:25 PM #13
The very notion that I can't play a game that is on my own hardrive is stupidly dumb. NO OTHER GAME EVER would do this. EVER.

Aparrently you haven't heard horror stories of copy protection, because there's plenty of games out there that people can't play because the copy protection's so 'good' it disallows them from playing it, even when they have the correct disc in the drive.
D E A T H
2005-09-27, 7:26 PM #14

Quit whining. Copy protection for profession audio applications is FAR WORSE than Steam - and these programs cost upwards of $500.
2005-09-27, 7:27 PM #15
... quite, fanbois. Neither of you have done nothing to refute the fact that not being able to play a game that is on my hard drive is STUPIDLY DUMB.
2005-09-27, 7:29 PM #16
I'm procrastinating working on a paper so I made this... it sucks, but the source picture was so cool.
Attachment: 7454/steamkicker.jpg (32,323 bytes)
2005-09-27, 7:29 PM #17
... quite, fanbois. Neither of you have done nothing to refute the fact that not being able to play a game that is on my hard drive is STUPIDLY DUMB.

Uh, you ever think it's the game? Have you ever had this problem before? Is DoD brand spanking new? Are there bound to be bugs?

Yeah, restart steam, and quit whining. Wait for the patch.
D E A T H
2005-09-27, 7:33 PM #18
Or, I could just go play a game that WORKS. Which would be a lot better option anyway since all the games that run from Steam suck anyway.
2005-09-27, 7:34 PM #19
I got that message yesterday while trying to play DoD:S. You can see my post about it on the second page of my DoD:S thread.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-09-27, 7:34 PM #20
Or, I could just go play a game that WORKS. Which would be a lot better option anyway since all the games that run from Steam suck anyway.

Good christ you're whiny. Grow up.
D E A T H
2005-09-27, 7:35 PM #21
I don't see how that's really whiny. He's voicing his opinion on the matter, some people have just had nothing but bad experiences with steam. Get over it.
2005-09-27, 7:36 PM #22
Whining about not being able to play a computer game as though it's actually important is stupidly dumb.
>>untie shoes
2005-09-27, 7:42 PM #23
Originally posted by Temperamental:
I don't see how that's really whiny. He's voicing his opinion on the matter, some people have just had nothing but bad experiences with steam. Get over it.

I'm over it and then some. I'm just making an observation on the fact that he encounters ONE problem, which is solved quite simply, and he makes a thread SOLELY TO WHINE ABOUT IT. Even when it's rationalized out to him as something minor and fixable with a future patch, he continues to whine. It just makes him seem like such a nancy.
D E A T H
2005-09-27, 8:00 PM #24
****ing A guys, we need a "steam sucks lol" sticky or forum for *****ing like this because it happens at least every few weeks.

We know Steam has problems. We've had this argument a million times. No, it never helps anyone feel better, or make steam less steamy.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-09-27, 8:40 PM #25
I feel better.
2005-09-27, 9:01 PM #26
I feel better.

are you steamy?
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-09-27, 11:30 PM #27
Woooooooooooooo! I love the Counter-Strike! Wooooooo!

Shintock sucks! Start a server! Wooooo!
Attachment: 7455/sniper_kitten.jpg (84,372 bytes)
2005-09-27, 11:56 PM #28
my brother was playing and ur hacking and lagging and my mouse is broked that guy was tking me STOP BLOKCKNIG
Attachment: 7458/scout-dog.jpg (17,283 bytes)
2005-09-28, 6:14 PM #29
Steam never gives me problems... Maybe because I don't have a 56k connection?
2005-09-28, 6:57 PM #30

If all the games suck, why do you have Steam installed? :rolleyes:
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-09-28, 6:58 PM #31

I've had worse. I bought a ligit copy of Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine for $30. It locks solid as a rock after the first boss, patch doesn't fix it. Pissed me off so bad I didn't even bother to try to pull out the next level to continue playing. So far when Steam does act up, it quits after a while or it gets patched. No complaints here as of yet.
2005-09-28, 7:17 PM #32
My copy of Indy couldn't get through the first level without locking up :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-09-28, 7:46 PM #33
The final video on my KOTOR2 is corrupted so I never got to see how it ended :(
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-09-28, 8:31 PM #34
[QUOTE=Joseph T]I've had worse. I bought a ligit copy of Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine for $30. It locks solid as a rock after the first boss, patch doesn't fix it. Pissed me off so bad I didn't even bother to try to pull out the next level to continue playing. So far when Steam does act up, it quits after a while or it gets patched. No complaints here as of yet.[/QUOTE]

I use to have an RPG game called Septerra Core that always locked up during the second chapter. Talk about a waste of 30 bucks :(
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!

↑ Up to the top!