Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → MP DM Maps!
MP DM Maps!
2005-09-27, 7:09 PM #1
I'm looking for your favorite small [by small, I mean single roomed, or very few roomed] DM maps from your favorite games to remake in JK. That is, something like Blood_Asp's Death-Walk level.

Post screenshots, the game, maybe even an overhead view of the map. In general, I want inspiration.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-09-27, 7:20 PM #2
Asp's Acrophobia is to great to remake
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-09-27, 7:21 PM #3
Canyone oasis is the best mp level ever.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-09-27, 7:51 PM #4
Q2DM1: The Edge

I actually completely remade Q2DM2: Tokay's Towers and gave it to a friend to finish the texturing, lighting, and COGs, but I'm not sure if he'll ever finish it.
2005-09-27, 7:59 PM #5
Pictures, PLEASE.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-09-28, 12:50 AM #6
No pictures to hand, but one of the most fun levels I ever played 1-on-1 DM was the first part of the level quite late on in episode 3 of Doom.

Basically it was one room with 8 alcoves around it with the spawn points in the alcoves. In each alcove was one of the weapon pickups. It had every weapon once. Basically you would spawn, pick up whatever weapon was in front of you, run out and hope you had spawned infront of a better gun than your opponent. One would die pretty quickly, and then the person not dead would despeartely dash for the best weapon, whilst the loser would respawn, obviously with full health, but not necessarily the best weapon.

Did I mention there was no health or ammo pickups in the room? The only ammo you got was the small amount that came with the gun, so you had to wait for it to respawn before you could get more.

[Edit: No, it was the secret mission on Episode 2: Fortress of Mystery. This page has a 3d picture of every Doom level - takes a while to load up, but pretty cool to see an overview of them: http://doom.hit.bg/doomm.html On the picture of E2M9 it's the flower like structure at the bottom left.]
2005-09-28, 12:53 PM #7
We need a Dark Forces level. Any one, really. A piece of Arc Hammer or Executor or Secret Base, maybe.

Imperial City (the level where you go and download some data onto data tapes and fight Boba Fett ) would make a nice remake, too.

The DFMod team might be willing to let us use their textures.

2005-09-28, 1:49 PM #8
mohdm_ 7 Stalingrad map. It's in the MOH demo.
2005-09-28, 2:35 PM #9
P I C T U R E S
I don't own any of these games.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-09-28, 6:15 PM #10
Originally posted by JediKirby:
P I C T U R E S
I don't own any of these games.

You don't own Dark Forces?

HERESY!!!
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-09-28, 6:18 PM #11
You don't still make lizards for JK?

HERESY!!!
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-09-28, 6:26 PM #12
Best 1 on 1...

D5M1
D5M1
D5M1
D5M1
D5M1
D5M1
D5M1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-09-29, 3:31 AM #13
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
mohdm_ 7 Stalingrad map. It's in the MOH demo.

Yes

↑ Up to the top!