Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bizzare haircut adventure!
Bizzare haircut adventure!
2005-09-27, 8:53 PM #1
One night I was at a friend's apartment, and she was *****ing about my hair hair, (about 10+ inch long), so after a while I offered her a deal. The basic gist of the deal was that if she paid for the full haircut fees and provide me with free transportation to said barber shop, I would let her pick the new haircut style, (under my own approval of course) and finally shut up about my hair.

Anyway, the next day after my classes, I and a few friends (3-4) all joined in a friend's SUV and headed to the mall to the barber shop. And i didn't think anything was odd in this, but one thing i noticed, they all were very excited and all bought their cameras with them.....

When i arrived at the mall i was overwhelmed by over a dozen other friends, and their friends who all showed up just to watch me get a frigging hair cut!

Anyway, another thing i noticed, all of them were carrying their cameras bag with their cameras in, hum.....

So on the way from the front door of the mall to the actual barber shop, I was surrounded by about a dozen kid asking me IMHO dumb questions such as "are you nervous about this haircut?", "are you scared?", "are you sad?", "are you alright?"

And my reply was "jesus Christ, its just a frigging hair cut!" and their reply was, "noo, its a huge event for you! so we all are very excited for you and so forth"

Anyway without additional ados we finally arrived at the haircut place, now picture the barber person's reaction when they saw a group of 12+ kids all arrive at the same time, jabbering away at each others, and getting all excited and taking dozens of pictures at the same time.

So yeah, it was tad surreal, anyway while i was trying to tell people to stfu about the hair already! two of my friends were busy selecting a new haircut for me, so later on i went on in and approvaled it.

The barber looked at me neviously and funny, but anyway it went on pretty well other than the occasional friends all jumping out back of the shop to get another picture of me actually getting my frigging hair cut.....

Anyway the barber was so nervous that she messed up at a few spot but overall she did a decent job.

But she did ask me a odd question, "do you want to keep your old hair?" and I'm like what the hell, why would i want to keep this bundle of greasy hair?

Once it was all done and i walked forthward to the front of the shop, all of the friends started to clap, and cheer for me about my new haircut. Which made an already surreal situation into a downright embrassing and extreme surreal situation :-p

Once i was outside the shop they all started to take dozens of picture, full frontal, profile, 3/4 view, video of the camera going all around my frigging head.

Then they all end up telling me congrats and great job, proud of you, for getting a frigging haircut.

This pretty much summarized up my weird and surreal haircut adventure, but in the end i got free ride, free haircut, free massage out of the whole adventure.
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2005-09-27, 8:54 PM #2
:D soooo funny

I will vouch for him, the haircut looks nice! ( I managed to randomly see him before one of my classes today)
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-09-27, 8:58 PM #3
I would have gone to the barbers in advance and tell them to give you a really redicullous haircut despite what "you chose"
2005-09-27, 9:14 PM #4
I wouldn't have gotten my haircut, and been all "HA, FOOLED YAH! YAH DUMB *****ES!"
2005-09-27, 9:20 PM #5
Free massage?! That's it, I'm getting a haircut tomorrow.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-09-27, 9:51 PM #6
aww i thought u were getting a shaving. :(
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-09-27, 10:08 PM #7
If your hair was "greasy" and all of your friends were pressuring you to get it cut, chances are you had some pretty damn nasty hair.
2005-09-27, 10:19 PM #8
Originally posted by Jon`C:
If your hair was "greasy" and all of your friends were pressuring you to get it cut, chances are you had some pretty damn nasty hair.

Hahaha, actually the reason is my hair naturally get pretty greasy easy, which is one problem i had with long hair, its a very fine and thin hair so it breaks all the time, very easy to break, and it tangles insaniously so only time i could comb it was in the shower with a gernious helping of condictiors.

But for most part it was kept in a pony tail anyway, and i shapooned it basically every day, so it was pretty week kept up.

And haha, not all my friends, just two or three fairly vocal friends, but for most part the rest of them didn't really care too much about it.

Reason why they didn't like it was because it wasn't "me" my circle of friends can be pretty goddamn style conscious, so sometime when you violate some styling code it can annoy and peeve some of them occasionally. But for the majority of the time they never bothered me about the hair.

Its just that we were having a professional photographer the next day take pictures of us all, so they wanted me in a "cute" hair, and majority of them love short hair guys, and one or two's pet peeve was long hairs, but thank god for that.

Because one of them sort of had a crush on me but when she saw me with long hair she dropped it rather quickly, and I'm like oh yes thank god!

Hell i was tempered to get a dreadlocks for a week just to peeve the hell out of a few of my friends then get it shaved off.

Then again, i never ever had long hair in my life so for the last two years i decided to grow it out to see what it was like, and it was allright but i prefer the ease of care of short hairs, and probably will stick with semi buzz/haircuts.
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2005-09-27, 10:32 PM #9
Jeez all those kids need to get something a little more interesting going on in their lives.
2005-09-28, 12:22 AM #10
I wonder if the barber thought you were some sort of celebrity, with all those people surrounding you and taking pictures...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-09-28, 12:25 AM #11
Speaking of pictures, post some. ;)
Pissed Off?
2005-09-28, 5:48 AM #12
NO!

I SHALL BE THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE OBSERVED THE NEW HAIRCUT!

>.>

<.<
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-09-28, 6:11 AM #13
I promise if you publish that, you will win a Pulitzer.

-KnightRider2000
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2005-09-28, 6:59 AM #14
Haha, I'm posting this from my mobile device, anyway about these pictures. My friend has them but she's being bit slow in uploading and sending these pictures to me, speaking of this, I outta to bug her again to speed her up a bit :-)

Not sure if they have a picture of me in ponytail, because that is how I always had my long hair.
2005-09-28, 7:51 AM #15
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Jeez all those kids need to get something a little more interesting going on in their lives.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing
2005-09-28, 8:16 AM #16
Originally posted by GrndAdmThrawn:
Once it was all done and i walked forthward to the front of the shop, all of the friends started to clap, and cheer for me about my new haircut. Which made an already surreal situation into a downright embrassing and extreme surreal situation :-p

Once i was outside the shop they all started to take dozens of picture, full frontal, profile, 3/4 view, video of the camera going all around my frigging head.

Then they all end up telling me congrats and great job, proud of you, for getting a frigging haircut.

What you don't realise is that there's a rude word shaved onto the back of your head :p
2005-09-28, 9:02 AM #17
That must have been some haircut to generate such excitement. I mean, did you get a mullet or something? Why did they care so much? :p
Life is beautiful.
2005-09-28, 9:06 AM #18
No idea, but then again I'm not very style concious so....

But ah well, as soon as my friend e-mail me the pictures I'll post them on up.
2005-09-28, 9:10 AM #19
Originally posted by Jon`C:

My hair is only 4 inches and greaseless. All my mates are trying to get me to cut it.
nope.
2005-09-28, 9:19 AM #20
Originally posted by Boco:
My hair is only 4 inches and greaseless. All my mates are trying to get me to cut it.

Please do.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-28, 9:27 AM #21
Originally posted by Echoman:
Please do.

NO!
nope.
2005-09-28, 9:28 AM #22
all thoes camra's there and you cant post a pictue on the thead. tisk tisk.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-09-28, 2:07 PM #23
Originally posted by Boco:
NO!

Grow it out. Don's listen to them. When it gets longer, girls will want to play with it. :p
Pissed Off?
2005-09-28, 2:19 PM #24
Haha, all of my friends are semi lazy when it comes to uploading the pictures, sometime it can take alots of bugging to get them to get around to it. Baah! Going to bug one of them some more tonight to see if I actualy can my hand on any of the pictures.
2005-10-02, 9:51 PM #25
Well I have the pictures, but i have no way to resize the pictures :-( so i'll post them as links.

As of why i can't resize them at the moment, my linux installation is borked so i can't do much on it at the moment so...

Long hair Before cut
Sitting down to get hair cut
Hair cut, dosen't look great
Short hair cut, not the most flattering picture but still only one i got at the moment
another after, still not very flattering
2005-10-02, 10:20 PM #26
you look six thousand times better with short hair, like most people.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-10-03, 7:23 AM #27
Are you sure you're not leting your culture influence your option of the haircut ;-)

And yes I like it short myself, but that was more of an experment in exploring what it was like to have long hair.

And I'll grant you all one, I had fun w/ my long hair but it wasn't for me however. It was just a hassle in the end, but was wortj it for the expierence.
2005-10-03, 6:57 PM #28
you look better with short hair but you got it cut a little too short if you ask me. i used to get number 4's like every month. Until i realised that i looked incredibly ugly with short hair (im pasty so that helps) so ive decided to grow it nice and long. Into a 80's style mullet.
Take that there and put it in here

↑ Up to the top!