Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I want one in my backyard
I want one in my backyard
2005-09-28, 8:58 AM #1
My very own UFO landing strip. Seriously, are some people that strapped for cash that they resort to this sort of stuff to bring in tourists?
Life is beautiful.
2005-09-28, 9:06 PM #2
Yeah right... like Aliens are gonna be stupid enough to fall for that.

Alien 1: How look! Look what the humans made for us!

Alien 2: Sweet! Its a landing pad! I'm sure am glad they made that, despite all the clear fields outside of town.

Alien 3: You guys are dumb. Don't you realize its a trap?

Alien 2: Dude, STFU. We did a recon of the planet 2,000 years ago and determined they are a non-hostile species. And besides, its in Puerto Rico! They are used to tourism!

Alien 3: Ok, but I'm warning you!
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-09-28, 9:10 PM #3
Yeah, not only that, the aliens have bad grammar!

/end Conan
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-09-28, 10:53 PM #4
They are spending 100 grand on this. What a waste of ****in money. That could feed so many starving kids. Pathetic.
2005-09-29, 1:21 AM #5
What a complete waste of time and money. And what a great tribute to stupidity.
They might get more tourism over this though, because if their stupid enough to waste all that on an alien landing strip who knows what crazy idiocy they'll engage in next?
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-09-29, 3:38 AM #6
I want a llama in my backyard.

But, hey, we can't all get what we want.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-09-29, 12:07 PM #7
I don't even remember the last time I looked in my back yard. Or if I even still have one.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-09-29, 1:04 PM #8
Yes. I'm sure many aliens have come from light years away only to turn back because we haven't built them a proper landing strip. :rolleyes:

Even if there were aliens, if they wanted to make contact with us they could. If you can create a worm hole to send you to a specific place in the universe, you can certinaly land on a stupid plant and say hi.
2005-09-29, 1:10 PM #9
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Yes. I'm sure many aliens have come from light years away only to turn back because we haven't built them a proper landing strip. :rolleyes:

Even if there were aliens, if they wanted to make contact with us they could. If you can create a worm hole to send you to a specific place in the universe, you can certinaly land on a stupid plant and say hi.

Didn't you see Star Trek: First Contact? We have to impress there massive egos first to land here so rather than saying hi, they say "Live long and prosper" before going to the bar to order a round of drinks.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-09-29, 2:02 PM #10
It's debatable if it is a waste of money or not. Reason being that if it does bring tourist, especailly those two idiots on the "Out There" T.V. show that's on PBS a lot, there's two good things from it.

1.) Money reveanue will come in by the tourist.
2.) Those two idiots who assume just because there is a technical difficulty on their phone lines that there is secret agency out to foil them will no longer be in America.

↑ Up to the top!