Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tom DeLay indicicted for criminal conspiracy, steps down
Tom DeLay indicicted for criminal conspiracy, steps down
2005-09-28, 12:20 PM #1
Quote:
DeLay faces a single conspiracy count stemming from a long-running campaign finance investigation, the county clerk's office in Austin told CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/28/delay.indict/index.html

It is ABOUT TIME. I am so happy right now. So long, Tom DeLay.
2005-09-28, 12:23 PM #2
Mwahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaha!
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-09-28, 12:38 PM #3
What a crook. What nerve he has to say he's done nothing wrong. *******.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-09-28, 12:39 PM #4
/me waits for the delay jokes
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-09-28, 1:50 PM #5
It would appear the DeLay jokes are delayed. Har! Har! :o
2005-09-28, 1:51 PM #6
Politcians doing illegal and shady things? I'm shocked.

Not really.
Pissed Off?
2005-09-28, 3:36 PM #7
[explitive], Avenger. They could find dozens of axe-murdered corpses in DeLay's basement and you'd still rattle off your bull**** equivalence spiel. One congressman out of the current collection of 435 has been charged with criminal conspiracy. Most of the rest, although variably tainted, are nowhere close to his corruptness.

And yes, he reflects poorly on the party he was chosen to lead in the House, representing the general Republican failure to govern honestly or effectively.
2005-09-28, 3:41 PM #8
Originally posted by Ictus:
**** you, Avenger. They could find dozens of axe-murdered corpses in DeLay's basement and you'd still rattle off your bull**** equivalence spiel. One congressman out of the current collection of 435 has been charged with criminal conspiracy. Most of the rest, although variably tainted, are nowhere close to his corruptness.

And yes, he reflects poorly on the party he was chosen to lead in the House, representing the general Republican failure to govern honestly or effectively.

Talk about out of the blue. Slow down there.
D E A T H
2005-09-28, 3:42 PM #9
Except that he's right, so who cares if he's a little brash.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-09-28, 4:05 PM #10
Yoshi: I think text in the context of a forum is about as mediated and representative as it gets. I write things the way I do because I think they're the best way to communicate ideas, not because I'm emotionally involved or trying to hurt someone's feelings. [explitive] was an introductory sentence: I don't mean it as a personal attack.
2005-09-28, 4:40 PM #11
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Except that he's right, so who cares if he's a little brash.

Avenger hit the bullseye with the "equivalence" comment.

Ictus: Your idea that Democrats are righteous political leaders is nothing more than a rediculous fantasy.
2005-09-28, 4:53 PM #12
Who ever said democrats were righteous? The point is, DeLay is among the more corrupt of the lot, and certainly among the more powerful. It's about time he took a fall.

A "watchdog group" recently released a list of the 13 "most corrupt congressmen". DeLay was on the list, as was Frist. (I have no idea how the said watchdog group might be biased, but the list wasn't entirely Republican: there were three democrats.)

Also, I'd like to add that you all SHOULD be shocked and upset that politicians regularly do things like this and get away with it. The whole REASON they're not held accountable is that people like you hear about it and brush it off with a comment like "Oh that's not suprising all politicians are corrupt whatev"
2005-09-28, 4:53 PM #13
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]Ictus: Your idea that Democrats are righteous political leaders is nothing more than a rediculous fantasy.[/QUOTE]

He never said that.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-28, 4:53 PM #14
Dear lord, sithlord. I think this comic is extremely appropriate for you:

Get over it, your side LOST one
Attachment: 7466/TMW09-21-05.jpg (100,634 bytes)
2005-09-28, 4:56 PM #15
I hate cartoons like that
2005-09-28, 4:58 PM #16
Thanks for your contribution to this thread!
2005-09-28, 5:36 PM #17
2005-09-28, 5:39 PM #18
Tom Delay = lose
2005-09-28, 6:31 PM #19
Originally posted by Echoman:
He never said that.

He implied it.
2005-09-28, 6:36 PM #20
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]He implied it.[/QUOTE]
where
2005-09-28, 7:29 PM #21
Originally posted by Warlord:
where

His (1st) post is a fairly solid example.

Freelancer - Post something useful instead of thoughtless, childish, and totally irrelevant rubbish. You can't even post a comic that actually has something to do with the discussion.

And as for the "your side lost" comment, do try to at least say why "my side" has "lost."
2005-09-28, 7:40 PM #22
I can't help it if you're too stupid to comprehend the relevence.
2005-09-28, 8:09 PM #23
I can't help it if you're too stupid to comprehend the relevence.

Oh, I understand it completely. It just doesn't apply here.

Apparently, you're still incapable of supporting yourself.
2005-09-28, 9:40 PM #24
It shows how stubborn you are via a funny generalization about you and your political party.
2005-09-28, 10:16 PM #25
I love that toon. The writers for it are amazing.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-09-28, 11:17 PM #26
The Imperial Republican Party will not let these accusations stand.

*whispers into a sleeve mic* Commence with order 66.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-09-29, 5:31 AM #27
It shows how stubborn you are via a funny generalization about you and your political party.

I'm Libertarian....
2005-09-29, 10:49 AM #28
Haha, a flame war! btw, freelancer, I found the comic to be funny, even though I am a Republican. OH NO, A SENSE OF HUMOR NOT ALLOWED IN THIS SERIOUS DISCUSSIOn

I have heard crooked stuff about DeLay, but I am not sure about anything yet. Can't really judge . . .

I am suprised that Bill Frist is also in some trouble.

Sithlord, if you don't understand why the case might even slightly smudge the image of our party, then you need some help.
2005-09-29, 11:23 AM #29
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Sithlord, if you don't understand why the case might even slightly smudge the image of our party....

Did I say I didn't?
2005-09-29, 1:54 PM #30
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]He implied it.[/QUOTE]what
2005-09-29, 5:29 PM #31
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]I'm Libertarian....[/QUOTE]

Libertarian's like an immensely psychotic brand of republicans. Same difference, really.
D E A T H
2005-09-29, 6:05 PM #32
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Libertarian's like an immensely psychotic brand of republicans. Same difference, really.[/QUOTE]
Er not really. Libertarians are nothing like today's republicans. They're for personal freedoms, against foreign interventions, and favor a balanced budget.
2005-09-29, 6:11 PM #33
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Libertarian's like an immensely psychotic brand of republicans. Same difference, really.[/QUOTE]
How ignorant...Libertarian's are almost as opposite to Republicans as liberals. Completely different.
2005-09-29, 6:17 PM #34
You're thinking of the reform party. All I have to say is that Pat Buchanon is a member of that party.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-09-29, 6:18 PM #35
pat buchanan is fat

teehee
2005-09-29, 6:39 PM #36
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]How ignorant...Libertarian's are almost as opposite to Republicans as liberals. Completely different.[/QUOTE]

Hahahah...no. Neo-Conservatives, of Bush's party (they call themselves republican) are the exact opposite of Libertarians, but real Republicans are VERY similar to libertarians, but are more religiously oriented, and concede a lot more to democratic wants(/needs?). They both favor smaller government (libertarians to a more extreme extent), more privacy, more personal freedoms, and less government control. Neo-conservatives are willing to give up all of these for 'national security'. Think about it.

There's a few small issues, like drugs and some foreign policy stuff they disagree on, but for the most part it's the same, only to a greater extent.

[url]www.lp.org[/url]
D E A T H
2005-09-29, 6:51 PM #37
KNOCK KNOCK!!

WHO'S THERE??

INTERRUPTING COW!!

INTERRUPTING COW WH-

MOO!!

have a nice day
Moo.
2005-09-29, 6:56 PM #38
omg rubber chicken book?