Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → War of the Worlds Blog
War of the Worlds Blog
2005-09-28, 9:10 PM #1
Oh my god, this guy is so geeky. Check this out, it's a blog set during War of the Worlds, and it's apparently the Wells version set during modern times instead of the Spielberg (or Devlin/Emmerich, or Haskin) version. Puzzling.
This guy is so geeky.
http://auvalmarinv.blogspot.com/
Wait a second... oh yeah, I AM THIS GUY.

This is for a school project. We're doing our own version of the "Global Dispatches" anthology, sorta. We're going to write essays set in modern times in Auburn Valley during the War of the Worlds. I've decided to add some verisimultude by writing a blog. Admitedly, I can't do everything I want to (I have an idea for a sort of Katrina-esque webcam pictures of tripods marching across Auburn) considering my computer is having a fit, but I will be able to do this part.
But I need yall's help.
I want this to be as realistic as possible. Now, I knwo this may sound crazy, but could you guys... I'm gonna regret this... can you guys post comments on the blog entries that agree with them or whatever? You know, like this is actually going on. Maybe someone else saw the Canals, or is complaining because the cable was out and they missed Naruto or something. I dunno. You people are geeky and creative, and that's the combination I need.

-But try not to get ahead of me. I'm gonna detail the landing of the cylinders on friday, so tomorrow's all about power outtages and stuff. Saturday is the invasion. Sunday morning, the tripods have siezed all the major cities of the world. Monday night, the martians die of bacteria.
2005-09-30, 4:48 AM #2
very good, i'd post a comment now but i'm hungover and feeling a bit ill. it would just suck.

Only gripe is the song selections, it kinda takes it out of any sort of reality you're trying to set up.

interesting stuff.
2005-09-30, 5:30 AM #3
I like it; it's a neat idea.

My only concern would be history repeating itself and people thinking this was real... you just wait, it'll be on snopes within the month.
Stuff
2005-09-30, 6:42 AM #4
Reading that was like reading an excited 1st grader's description of the bug he saw.

"OMGZ I SAW TEH CANALS! LOLOLOLOL"
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-09-30, 2:12 PM #5
http://darthside.blogspot.com/

I liked this one
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-09-30, 3:33 PM #6
You really live in Auburn? I'll come down and actually knock out your power for you so you can experience it first hand
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-09-30, 3:34 PM #7
PS I love how you got blog-spammed. Really helps the authenticity of it lol
</sarcasm>
2005-09-30, 7:53 PM #8
I know what it's like to have power outtages, and yes, I do live in Auburn.
This isn't "Me" writing the blog, it's a fictional character that just happens to have my name and live where I do.

-I made a webcam image of a blazing supermall at school, but forgot to upload it. Oops.
2005-09-30, 8:00 PM #9
Originally posted by bearded_jarl:
This isn't "Me" writing the blog, it's a fictional character that just happens to have my name and live where I do.

Haha :p
2005-09-30, 8:15 PM #10
This is the best class in the world, I swear. "Societies of the Future". today, we watched The Day the Earth Stood Still. I put forth a theory that Klaatu is not an alien, but in fact a human sorceror from the future.
I gotta stop reading League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I swear. It's making me synch up all sortsa weird stuff.
Yesterday I figured out that the Mushroom Kingdom (where Mario's adventures take place) is one and the same as Alice's Wonderland.

-please... kill me...
2005-09-30, 9:01 PM #11
Originally posted by bearded_jarl:
This is the best class in the world, I swear. "Societies of the Future". today, we watched The Day the Earth Stood Still. I put forth a theory that Klaatu is not an alien, but in fact a human sorceror from the future.
I gotta stop reading League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I swear. It's making me synch up all sortsa weird stuff.
Yesterday I figured out that the Mushroom Kingdom (where Mario's adventures take place) is one and the same as Alice's Wonderland.

-please... kill me...

The land through the looking glass is definetly much stranger than the mushroom kingdom. Have you read the books?
</sarcasm>
2005-09-30, 9:03 PM #12
Yeah.
Weird giant caterpillars.
Strange monsters roam the land.
Mushrooms make you larger and smaller.
VERY STRANGE monarchy.

-I guess that would make Bowser a Jabberwock. Frumious *******.

↑ Up to the top!