Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → F.E.A.R. MP demo.
F.E.A.R. MP demo.
2005-10-02, 7:58 PM #1
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/fear/fear_mpdemo_en.exe.html
>>untie shoes
2005-10-02, 8:04 PM #2
Is it worth to download?

I know FEAR looks great, but the MP gameplay could be so basic and uninteresting. (remembers Doom3 MP)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-02, 8:04 PM #3
Yeah I really like it, although the Pentrator has too big a clip.

The physics are really cool, especially with the metal bolt-firing Penetrator. Nothing like running into a blood-stained room after a fight to find 3 people impailed through various body parts hanging from different walls.

I like the select your weapon and spawn system, reminds me of MoH. Also Unarmed being a truely viable option for deathmatching makes things fun.

It is 'sorta basic', but the physics and lighting means things always look cool, and can contribute to some very funky kills. FEAR MP will not appeal to everyone, but I like its fast-paced run and gun cool nature.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-02, 8:23 PM #4
I heard it sucked testicles from a guy who went to E3, so I think I'll steer clear.
D E A T H
2005-10-02, 8:25 PM #5
I played this a long long time ago when they were handing out OMFGSECRET betas and it sucked really bad, maybe it's gotten better. The single player demo was sure a lot better than the multiplayer demo I played a while ago, so who knows.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-02, 8:43 PM #6
Quote:
I heard it sucked testicles from a guy who went to E3, so I think I'll steer clear.

Somehow...I doubt basing what someone else says about a game means it WILL suck in your opinion.. :rolleyes:
2005-10-02, 9:52 PM #7
Does it run any better then the SP demo?

It ran poorly on my system, and I have an Athlon64 3000+, 1GB ram, and a 6600gt.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-10-02, 10:06 PM #8
definitly loving the mp-50 repeating cannon
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-10-03, 4:04 AM #9
Originally posted by Echoman:
Is it worth to download?

I know FEAR looks great, but the MP gameplay could be so basic and uninteresting. (remembers Doom3 MP)

D3's MP was amazing at LAN places (Not online because of the horrible lag)

Seeing someone turn the corner with their dukes raised, screaming like a madman and running towards you, is funny to watch then you explode.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-10-03, 4:30 AM #10
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Somehow...I doubt basing what someone else says about a game means it WILL suck in your opinion.. :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about the opinions, I'm talking about hearing about lag problems on the LAN, glitches, and an overall sense of underwhelmingness. Not to mention he's one of my good friends whom I share my taste in games with. I mean, I hate Doom 3's MP (well, online. Anything's good at a LAN.) and I hear it's a lot like that.
D E A T H
2005-10-03, 6:27 AM #11
Download it anyway. It's only like 450 MB.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-10-03, 7:15 AM #12
Originally posted by Emon:

Not everyone can download it in 2 minutes!
2005-10-03, 7:46 AM #13
Originally posted by 7:
definitly loving the mp-50 repeating cannon

I prefer the exprimental laser thing, zaps enemies flesh-free in just 0.01 seconds!
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-03, 11:03 AM #14
Originally posted by Emon:

In the time it would take me to download it, I could have gotten another WC3 win (and I'm only 5 away from my next icon \m/) so in other words: I'm too lazy.
D E A T H
2005-10-03, 2:10 PM #15
This plays like a little like Quake.

Sans crappyness.
2005-10-03, 2:24 PM #16
Originally posted by Rob:

Sans crappyness.

quake = crappy
DOES NOT COMPUTE
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-10-03, 3:31 PM #17

Sans crappyness.

So do you have fun calling good games crappy, or are you employed by somebody?
D E A T H
2005-10-03, 6:07 PM #18
Dues Ex sucks!

/troll
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-10-03, 9:22 PM #19
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]So do you have fun calling good games crappy, or are you employed by somebody?[/QUOTE]

Quake was fun deathmatch, for about three months.

Then it got old. What with all the automated scripts to rocket jump, spin around mid air, and blast someone with the nailgun.

Its not quakes fault it sucked, it was the people that played it.
2005-10-03, 9:36 PM #20
Anyone happen to take screenies?
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-03, 9:37 PM #21
Is there bot support?
2005-10-04, 4:52 PM #22
I don't think so.

I just tried this out, and it's freaking amazing. The whole 'fight for slowmo power' is amazing, and the fact that kicking people isn't useless and hard to pull off is ALSO amazing.

The map is perfect for two people and up to 16. 2 because one always knows where the other player is, and 16 because... well that's a lot of people.

My favorite weapon is probably the rocket launcher, and spawning with the dual pistols or penetrator. I didn't think this game would have good MP but... I was wrong.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-10-04, 4:53 PM #23
Quake was fun deathmatch, for about three months.

Then it got old. What with all the automated scripts to rocket jump, spin around mid air, and blast someone with the nailgun.

Its not quakes fault it sucked, it was the people that played it.

Quake was EXCELLENT when it came out. Then Quake 2 picked it up. Then Quake 3 reinvented MP.
D E A T H
2005-10-05, 9:39 AM #24
Is it even worth getting on a 9800pro? I hear you need a super computer to run the thing.
2005-10-05, 9:58 AM #25
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Is it even worth getting on a 9800pro? I hear you need a super computer to run the thing.

I get 30-40 fps with everything on high, 2xaa 8xaf, etc.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!