Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Harriet Miers annoucned as Supreme Court Justice Nominee
Harriet Miers annoucned as Supreme Court Justice Nominee
2005-10-03, 7:23 AM #1

President Bush has chosen White House counsel Harriet Miers as his nominee to replace retiring Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

Career: White House counsel, 2004-present; White House deputy chief of staff for policy, 2003-2004; White House staff secretary, 2001-2003; Texas Lottery Commission chairwoman, 1995-2000; attorney in private practice, Locke Liddell & Sapp in Dallas, Texas, 1972-1999; Dallas City Council member, 1989-1991
Education: Bachelor of science degree in mathematics, 1967, Southern Methodist University, Dallas; law degree, 1970, Southern Methodist University School of Law

Born: 1945 in Dallas

Family: Single, no children

Sounds like a political cronie to me... I dont know, no court experience, very little political experience outside the Bush white house and small Texas political associations... I predict a major battle in the Legislature unless she can really "wow" the left wing with some savvy politics.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-10-03, 9:13 AM #2
I suspect Miers is a straw dog.

Edit: Or maybe not... apparently Harry Reid recommended her.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!