Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → have you been mistaken for someone of the opposite sex.
have you been mistaken for someone of the opposite sex.
2005-10-04, 6:11 PM #1
(note: deliberate trying to convince doesnt count, you must have been mistaken without outside help)
If so, could you please elaborate and say why you think they were mistaken.

I have been mistaken in real life and online.

in real life, it was because at that time I had my hair long (not as long as it is now), and when my hair is slightly long, (but not long enough so that it cant support its weight), it tends to go out like an afro, only much curlier and has a girly look to it. My mum has said that my hair type is wasted on me as there are probably girls out there who would kill to have hair like mine ;) .

Online, it was more recent (i.e. yesterday i found out conclusively), In final fantasy 11, my linkshell group (group of people linked by an item that lets them chat amoung each other, even when not in a party), reaveled that they think I am a female. It is probably because the character I chose is a mithra, in which one can only play female (look it up for why), I did not tell them, hopefuly it wont matter, I hope. :o .(we need a smilely with a "please please please" look on its face).
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-10-04, 6:14 PM #2
Wow, if anyone ever mistook me for a girl... well, let's just say I'd like whatever they're smoking.
Stuff
2005-10-04, 6:17 PM #3
Yes, in real life, but only because i had semi-long hair (to my neck), and this person was a retard. Literally, he had mental problems. I'm not being derogatory. :(
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 6:20 PM #4
Why of course.
2005-10-04, 6:21 PM #5
When I was 12, someone over the phone thought I was a lady. Now, however, I am far too ruggedly manly good looking to be mistake for a woman.
2005-10-04, 6:22 PM #6
I've always thought ach looked female despite all the fat hairy italian manness
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-04, 6:24 PM #7
On-line only. I think. Don't quote me on that. :p

I just recall some people saying I came across really girly once, or claiming that my words seemed to be "feminine" in how they were written. Something weird like that. I am in fact a 17 year old white male. Don't believe me? Just listen to this.
Attachment: 7579/I'm a man Baby!.zip (65,347 bytes)
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-10-04, 6:29 PM #8
Daft_Vader, you need help. :o
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-10-04, 6:30 PM #9
Once, over the phone.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-04, 6:34 PM #10
I am constantly mistaken for a female.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-10-04, 6:35 PM #11
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
Daft_Vader, you need help. :o

Fool, you haven't listened to the file, so how do you know? :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-10-04, 6:44 PM #12
Yes, by my brother. My hair was about the same length as my moms, and only the back of my head was visible:p

o.0
2005-10-04, 6:50 PM #13
When I was a baby:

Quote:
Random lady: What a pretty little girl!
Mom: Um, he's a boy.
Random lady: Oh...well, it's wasted on him. >:[

Apart from that, no. I think the chin-tree kind of tips people off at this point.
2005-10-04, 6:52 PM #14
I'd be worried about anyone who thought I was a girl.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-04, 6:56 PM #15
Both offline and online. Offline I was usually mistaken for a girl when I was little due to me often having long hair and I had a baby face for along time so it was a bad combo.

A couple of times I've been thought to be a girl online due to my screenname. Despite Greedo being a "he", a female actress played him in the original filming. Though a guy stood in for some scenes during the special edition versions...
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-10-04, 7:01 PM #16
Nah, I'm too manly lookin' to be mistaken for a girl.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-10-04, 7:13 PM #17
About 9 years ago when I still had long hair. I was sitting at the emergency room desk (my dad works ER and was waiting for him to get off) and someone saw me from behind, said something like, "hey miss! i'm bleeding etc. !"

Online sometimes because a lot of my user names (I have like a zillion aliases after posting on different boards, chats, MMOs since '96) are gender neutral. I think the only name I regularly use with an attached gender is Icarus. My age, race, religion... all aspects of identity really get confused sometimes because (more other places than here) I say some random things.
2005-10-04, 7:14 PM #18
NOT EVEN CLOSE
2005-10-04, 7:18 PM #19
Because I often play girl characters in MMORPGs, people would assume I'm a girl in RL. One guy thought I was a girl because he said I was "too nice and polite", which is a bit odd considering he was playing a human female priest when he said that, lol. One day when I finally decided to use teamspeak with my guild, they were surprised to hear a male voice coming from a character named "Melinda". Its a good thing I later created a male dwarf priest and named him "Melvyn" so they could call my "Mel" without thinking I'm a girl.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-10-04, 7:24 PM #20
Why would you play as a female with a female name all the time, you creepy old man? Have faith in your sexuality, play as a big, beefy male! :p
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 7:34 PM #21
Not that I can remember... and sure as Hell not now. I'm currently 6'4" and 205, with short hair.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-10-04, 8:22 PM #22
Originally posted by Zell:
Why would you play as a female with a female name all the time, you creepy old man? Have faith in your sexuality, play as a big, beefy male! :p

I do play a Tauren Druid as well. I would consider him a big beefy male :p
2005-10-04, 8:28 PM #23
Good, you're on your way to being masculine. I play a tauren warrior, a night elf hunter, and a human warrior with a staff. All male. :p
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 8:39 PM #24
I get mistaken for a girl far too often in real life, especially at work. It's mainly due to having a unisex name (Alex), people see my username and asume I'm female for some reason.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-04, 8:42 PM #25
I've been mistaken as a guy online for some reason. And in real life...twice. Once when I was littler and the priest at my school said how young people were growing up so fast in response to his thinking I was a guy surrounded by boys. And the other week when I was in my hat and ugly gray jacket with it's hood up. :(
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-10-04, 8:50 PM #26
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']When I was 12, someone over the phone thought I was a lady. Now, however, I am far too ruggedly manly good looking to be mistake for a woman.

The surgery was a success then?
2005-10-04, 8:50 PM #27
wait... explain the one about the priest before I make an inappropriate joke...

And yeah but only online... I guess Sarn could sound female... And my mannerisms are somewhat girlish sometimes.

But never in real life... Though I do get a lot of guys hitting on me... but they're gay.

[edit: and this is post #4000 and I wasted it on this... dang. :(]
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-04, 8:59 PM #28
Yes, both.
2005-10-04, 9:24 PM #29
Originally posted by Zell:
Good, you're on your way to being masculine. I play a tauren warrior, a night elf hunter, and a human warrior with a staff. All male. :p

[http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/9500/gnomerasp8go.gif]
2005-10-04, 10:29 PM #30
Only in real life, back when I had long hair.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-10-04, 10:41 PM #31
Only by idiots.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-04, 11:12 PM #32
Only one time when I was like 7 years old, in real life, due to my blonde curly lockes.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-10-05, 8:34 AM #33
Over the phone in real life, and in FFXI someone thought I was a girl playing a guy. I still haven't understood that one.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-10-05, 9:16 AM #34
Only on the net when I pretended to be a random girl that added one of my friends to msn. They're so unsuspicious. My best mate convinced them on his new address that he was a 19 year old German model. And they freaking believed him.
nope.
2005-10-05, 10:01 AM #35
When I was younger, I would get mistaken when talking over the phone.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-10-05, 2:04 PM #36
Only when people read my name before they see me. Teachers had a problem in dropping the 's' at the end of my name, thus making it the feminine version of my name. (My real name is Brooks, so the female version would be Brook(e)). It really got on my nerves, cause I was as man as they came (Shotput and discus, captian of the wrestling team....)
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-10-05, 2:04 PM #37
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Only one time when I was like 7 years old, in real life, due to my blonde curly lockes.
This.
2005-10-05, 2:17 PM #38
Speaking of names, I always find if funny and annoying how some people get my parents names mixed up. My mom's name is Louise and my dad's name is Dennis. Sometimes an idiot who hasn't met them in person would get the names mixed up and think its "Louie and Denise" instead of "Dennis and Louise". One such idiot happen to be the DJ for my sister's wedding reception who introduced them to the crowd as "Louie and Denise". What a stupid f**k he was.
2005-10-05, 2:20 PM #39
My name is Jacques (pronounced similar to Jock...you know, the french). A lot of times, when reading that name, people assume it's pronounced Jackie, and thus that I'm a girl.
Warhead[97]
2005-10-05, 2:59 PM #40
Can't say its ever happened to me. When your 6'7" tall, few people assume your female.
Life is beautiful.

↑ Up to the top!