Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I got a job AND school was cancelled today
So I got a job AND school was cancelled today
2005-10-05, 5:35 PM #1
As some of you from the chat may know, I finally got a job this morning. :)

I've been looking around for the last couple of weeks, and yesterday I walked into the Palais des Congrès here in Montréal to use the bathroom, and inside there was a Couche-Tard (also Mac's or Circle K, depending on where you live) with the typical "help wanted" sign up, so I went in and asked for the manager. He told me he had just hired somebody, but that he was going to see the regional director that afternoon and that he would give him my resume. I figure that nothing would happen and I kept looking around that afternoon, giving out a few more resumes.

I got home to a message on my machine, inviting me to an interview this morning. I called the guy (Leo) back, and he pretty much told me that he wanted me, and the interview was more or a formality than anything.

So today I got my schedule, my uniform, and my salary (:D). I'll be working as the second assistant-manager in one of the "stylised" stores downtown. The whole place is set up like the interior of a submarine. Really nice store. I start Saturday. :D

Then this afternoon, I head over to school, expecting to spend some time in the studio learning some stuff on the digital console (Mackie D8B). We were outside while my buddy was having a smoke before class, when the dudes redoing the sewage pipes about 50 feet away put their mechanical shovel though the natural gas pipeline. One lady was right next to the hole with a lit cigarette, and when the pipe burst, she came running towards us, scared ****less. We went inside because it was getting hard to breathe. About a half hour later, we were told by a fireman to evacuate, but once everyone got down to the street, there was no one there to tell us where to go. We wound up just heading down towards the port.

No one was there to tell us what was going on. No one was there to control the crowd (there were thousands of workers from downtown that were evacuated). Finally a fireman showed up to tell us that they were attempting to use a clamping ring-thingie to plug the leak, and that within an hour we would be told if we could go back to our buildings. Our teacher said that we could go, but to come back in an hour to see if we could start our class. So we just went home and didn't bother going back. :p

Then I watch the news, and at 6 o'clock the leak was still going. Seeing as class would have ended at 5:30, I'm glad I didn't wait around for nothing.

Today was eventful.

/blog
2005-10-05, 5:56 PM #2
I'll make your day even better *rawr*

(get on AIM)
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-05, 6:38 PM #3
I love getting jobs out of the blue...I was supposed to get a job at the start of summer when I quit my other job, but decided to bum around and live off my savings from the previous job. It was fun, but eventually I had to get a job since my parents were on my *** and I was running out of money. They kept saying how hard it was to get a job and how I needed to be looking for a job all day long as if looking for a job WAS my job. I went out for the first time to drop off resumes at the end of summer...the 5th place I went to, talked to the manager and he gave me the job right away and I started the next day... :D
2005-10-05, 7:20 PM #4
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]I love getting jobs out of the blue...I was supposed to get a job at the start of summer when I quit my other job, but decided to bum around and live off my savings from the previous job. It was fun, but eventually I had to get a job since my parents were on my *** and I was running out of money. They kept saying how hard it was to get a job and how I needed to be looking for a job all day long as if looking for a job WAS my job. I went out for the first time to drop off resumes at the end of summer...the 5th place I went to, talked to the manager and he gave me the job right away and I started the next day... :D[/QUOTE]

Awesome. :D
2005-10-05, 7:26 PM #5
You wanna talk about getting jobs out of the blue; about 3 and a half years ago, I wasn't even looking for a job; this lady that I knew, phones me up and asks if I want a job. So I say "uh, okay". She says "alright, you start next week."

That was neat.
Stuff
2005-10-05, 10:20 PM #6
You had a job. It was to host CS:S.
2005-10-06, 11:35 AM #7
I love finding natural gas pipelines underground. Fun times.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-06, 12:04 PM #8
Originally posted by Rob:
You had a job. It was to host CS:S.

wraaaaaaa
2005-10-06, 12:07 PM #9
I hooked a job on my first try this time. :p My last one took about 5 or 6 tries.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-06, 9:50 PM #10
i have two jobs. XP need something to do while trying to figure out what i really want to do. =\
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free

↑ Up to the top!