Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I Hate Blizzard!
I Hate Blizzard!
2005-10-07, 8:58 PM #41
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
W...T....F

Oh, I was thinking "WTF" because you were using IE.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2005-10-07, 9:05 PM #42
Hey, tiberium, what happened to Firefox?
The above post may contain traces of sarcasm, cynicism, outright insults, and sadistic tendencies. You have been warned.
2005-10-07, 9:07 PM #43
I was browsing My computer and wanted to check forums..i was lazy..

Please let us forget the...last 5 posts i made
2005-10-07, 9:20 PM #44
Originally posted by InsanityDecends:
Hey, tiberium, what happened to Firefox?

Go away troll.
D E A T H
2005-10-07, 9:23 PM #45
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Go away troll.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? you, a guy who twice posted the exact same link to firefox in a thread asking for help with opera is calling him a troll?
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2005-10-07, 9:29 PM #46
[QUOTE=Noble Outlaw]Wait, what? you, a guy who twice posted the exact same link to firefox in a thread asking for help with opera is calling him a troll?[/QUOTE]

Because I was joking the second time...and the first. He's just trying to insult the guy, and he flamewarred with imsoshort. That's why.
D E A T H
2005-10-07, 9:29 PM #47
People please i admit i made a fool of myself. now lets get this thread back on track.

What if blizzard is making a star wars rts? theres NO better company for the job!
2005-10-08, 12:16 AM #48
I never heard of starcraft 2.... tell me, is this real?

http://www.hcgamer.hu/gamer/images/cikkek/2002_06/waregg.jpg

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/12906/images/wc3guidesecrets2l.jpg

EDIT : "This is just a bit of fun the developers are having with you. While it's quite likely that Blizzard is working on or soon will be working on Starcraft 2, the footage you've seen is really just the Warcraft III engine, with some of the Dwarven riflemen re-skinned to look like Terran soldiers."

CRAP!
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-10-08, 12:26 AM #49
People please i admit i made a fool of myself. now lets get this thread back on track.

What if blizzard is making a star wars rts? theres NO better company for the job!

I agree entirely. soooo... blizzard...
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2005-10-08, 2:33 AM #50
I hope StarCraft Ghost goes the same way the WarCraft Adventure went. (although I would've really liked to play a WarCraft Adventure)
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-10-08, 4:35 AM #51
Originally posted by Spiral:
I never heard of starcraft 2.... tell me, is this real?

http://www.hcgamer.hu/gamer/images/cikkek/2002_06/waregg.jpg

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/12906/images/wc3guidesecrets2l.jpg

EDIT : "This is just a bit of fun the developers are having with you. While it's quite likely that Blizzard is working on or soon will be working on Starcraft 2, the footage you've seen is really just the Warcraft III engine, with some of the Dwarven riflemen re-skinned to look like Terran soldiers."

CRAP!

No, that's an actual unit in WC3 :p. Also, there's a mod coming out called Starcraft: Revolution for WC3 that remakes Starcraft for WC3.
D E A T H
2005-10-08, 5:49 AM #52
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]No, that's an actual unit in WC3 :p. Also, there's a mod coming out called Starcraft: Revolution for WC3 that remakes Starcraft for WC3.[/QUOTE]

Yes, notice that the firebats are orcs :D

This should be interesting, the mod I mean.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-10-08, 6:01 AM #53
In one mission you could get a hydralisk. He was powerfull, but much slower than he was in StarCraft.
2005-10-08, 6:11 AM #54
Originally posted by Impi:
In one mission you could get a hydralisk. He was powerfull, but much slower than he was in StarCraft.

Hydra, Zergling, Marine, and Firebat are all the default ones in WC3.
D E A T H
2005-10-08, 6:19 AM #55
:confused:
What do you mean?
2005-10-08, 6:20 AM #56
Originally posted by Impi:
:confused:
What do you mean?

They have those units in WC3 shipped with the game. And a diablo too I think.
D E A T H
2005-10-08, 8:10 AM #57
Diablo? Wtf?

But, yes WC3 has the units as stated above, and I'm sure there's models for the other units, you just have to look.
2005-10-08, 12:16 PM #58
Well, diablo has hydras, but it's a spell the sorceress casts. (And it sucks since 1.10 :( )
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-08, 12:22 PM #59
Ah the days of Diablo... Good memories.
1.08 was the best. 1.09 nerfed a bunch of the uniques.
I loved my sorc. I mean all my characters were pretty bad arse, but my sorc had THE best items you could get. Full Tal Rasha MF gear setup, and the best regular play gear, extremely powerfull rares and the best uniques. Ahh..

Diablo only pissed me off once. I just found the best amazon bow right before a server crash/mess up. I lost it. I emailed blizzard like 100 times trying to get them to give it back but no luck :(
2005-10-08, 12:24 PM #60
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]Ah the days of Diablo... Good memories.
1.08 was the best. 1.09 nerfed a bunch of the uniques.
I loved my sorc. I mean all my characters were pretty bad arse, but my sorc had THE best items you could get. Full Tal Rasha MF gear setup, and the best regular play gear, extremely powerfull rares and the best uniques. Ahh..

Diablo only pissed me off once. I just found the best amazon bow right before a server crash/mess up. I lost it. I emailed blizzard like 100 times trying to get them to give it back but no luck :([/QUOTE]

There's waaaay better stuff for MFing than tal rasha's these days.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-08, 2:15 PM #61
Why were there no protoss units though? And why in the screen rotation are there a zerg and terran picture, but not a solo protoss one? Seriously, the 'toss were the best, where is the love?
2005-10-08, 2:24 PM #62
What if blizzard is gonna go Command and Conquar style? show subtle liinks between games then slam you in the face with a game that wraps it up and shows how its all connected[hopfully!]
2005-10-08, 10:49 PM #63
Dude i SO Ended the thread!
2005-10-08, 10:53 PM #64
Not really, certainly not with "hopdully."
2005-10-08, 11:02 PM #65
What if blizzard is gonna go command and conquar style? show subtle liinks between games then slam you in the face with a game that wraps it up and shows how its all connected[hopdully!]

Subtle links between games? They're not that subtle. Blizzard is so uncreative, they've taken names of items from Diablo 2 and used them for items in World of Warcraft. In fact, they've even taken items that aren't even related to their games and used them. For instance, in "Big Trouble in Little China", there is a magical bag called the "Six Demon Bag" and it is described by one of the characters as having "Wind, fire, all that kind of thing". There's a trinket in WoW named "Six-Demon Bag" and its description is "Blast your enemies with the power of wind, fire, all that kind of thing". I realize that you have to fill in a lot of info for items in an MMO, but come on, how hard is it to think up something on your own?
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-10-08, 11:30 PM #66
Blizzard has always put references to other things in their games. It's not uncreative, they're just subtle in-jokes for people who can spot them. See, they're called easter eggs :p

There's a number of references in WC and SC to various movies and games; most notably, a lot of terran units say lines from the Alien series, and a lot of WC3 units make references to all sorts of ****. It's just part of blizzard's charm. The "six demon bag" reference isn't there because they're uncreative, it's there so people like you who recognize the reference would get a kick out of it.
Moo.
2005-10-08, 11:34 PM #67
Originally posted by SM_Trige:
Subtle links between games? They're not that subtle. Blizzard is so uncreative, they've taken names of items from Diablo 2 and used them for items in World of Warcraft. In fact, they've even taken items that aren't even related to their games and used them. For instance, in "Big Trouble in Little China", there is a magical bag called the "Six Demon Bag" and it is described by one of the characters as having "Wind, fire, all that kind of thing". There's a trinket in WoW named "Six-Demon Bag" and its description is "Blast your enemies with the power of wind, fire, all that kind of thing". I realize that you have to fill in a lot of info for items in an MMO, but come on, how hard is it to think up something on your own?

It's called an Easter Egg. It's not uncreative. If you really wanted to say a company was uncreative, I'd ask that you look no further then the developers of EverQuest.. or should I say, 99% tolkein era fantasy content.
I beat the internet. The last guy was hard.
2005-10-08, 11:48 PM #68
SOE isn't nearly as bad as EA. EA is the epitome of uncreativeness.

↑ Up to the top!