Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Grrrr...I can't find it.
Grrrr...I can't find it.
2005-10-07, 10:24 AM #1
I've been google searching some things to try and find some comparisons between military technology we have now and what we had in Vietnam(or around that time period). But I can't find anything that makes the comparison in technology. Anyone know of a site that shows the advances that have been made?
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-10-07, 10:25 AM #2
That seems pretty narrow. I'd be surprised if there were any good papers that specifically address that topic. You may have to research the technology used in Vietnam and the technology we have today and compare it yourself.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-07, 11:06 AM #3
Yes, exactly. As far as air power goes, the F-4 Phantom put every other enemy aircraft to shame during the Vietnam war. Things like radar, onboard planes that is, were relatively new. The Phantom was originally designed without a gun because they felt all fighting would be done from a distance with heat or radar tracking missles, something also relatively new on planes.

If you want to compare it with today's aircraft, compare it with something like the F-22. If you want to look into tomorrow, take a look at unmanned aircraft, both remote control and with artificial intelligence.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!