Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → strange email
strange email
2005-10-07, 11:34 AM #1
Topic: gee i goofed

Esta Weedman <Robin@*********.com> to Lillian, llmms11
More options 5:51 am (5 hours ago)

In the midst of a conversation on political matters Anna Pavlovna burst out: One of the next arrivals was a stout, heavily built young man with close-cropped hair, spectacles, the light-colored breeches fashionable at that time, a very high ruffle, and a brown dress coat. This stout young man was an illegitimate son of Count Bezukhov, a well-known grandee of Catherine's time who now lay dying in Moscow. The young man had not yet entered either the military or civil service, as he had only just returned from abroad where he had been educated, and this was his first appearance in society. Anna Pavlovna greeted him with the nod she accorded to the lowest hierarchy in her drawing room. But in spite of this lowest-grade greeting, a look of anxiety and fear, as at the sight of something too large and unsuited to the place, came over her face when she saw Pierre enter. Though he was certainly rather bigger than the other men in the room, her anxiety could only have reference to the clever though shy, but observant and natural, expression which distinguished him from everyone else in that drawing room.
"I am so enchanted by the brilliancy of the wit and culture of the society, more especially of the feminine society, in which I have had the honor of being received, that I have not yet had time to think of the climate," said he.
"Then tomorrow you will speak to the Emperor?"APCP>
"What, Monsieur Pierre... Do you consider that assassination shows greatness of soul?" said the little princess, smiling and drawing her work nearer to her.
Prince Andrew had gone out into the hall, and, turning his shoulders to the footman who was helping him on with his cloak, listened indifferently to his wife's chatter with Prince Hippolyte who had also come into the hall. Prince Hippolyte stood close to the pretty, pregnant princess, and stared fixedly at her through his eyeglass.
It was in July, 1805, and the speaker was the well-known Anna Pavlovna Scherer, maid of honor and favorite of the Empress Marya Fedorovna. With these words she greeted Prince Vasili Kuragin, a man of high rank and importance, who was the first to arrive at her reception. Anna Pavlovna had had a cough for some days. She was, as she said, suffering from la grippe; grippe being then a new word in St. Petersburg, used only by the elite.HC>
Pierre had been educated abroad, and this reception at Anna Pavlovna's was the first he had attended in Russia. He knew that all the intellectual lights of Petersburg were gathered there and, like a child in a toyshop, did not know which way to look, afraid of missing any clever conversation that was to be heard. Seeing the self-confident and refined expression on the faces of those present he was always expecting to hear something very profound. At last he came up to Morio. Here the conversation seemed interesting and he stood waiting for an opportunity to express his own views, as young people are fond of doing.
"I am so enchanted by the brilliancy of the wit and culture of the society, more especially of the feminine society, in which I have had the honor of being received, that I have not yet had time to think of the climate," said he.
"My dear benefactor! This is what I expected from you- I knew your kindness!" He turned to go.OOWS>
And what do you think of this latest comedy, the coronation at Milan?" asked Anna Pavlovna, "and of the comedy of the people of Genoa and Lucca laying their petitions before Monsieur Buonaparte, and Monsieur Buonaparte sitting on a throne and granting the petitions of the nations? Adorable! It is enough to make one's head whirl! It is as if the whole world had gone crazy."
"I am expecting you, Pierre," said the same voice, but gently and affectionately.

Attatchments:
1.jpg (0k) (results in red x)
1.jpg (48k) (see below)
Attachment: 7670/1.jpg (48,153 bytes)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-07, 1:00 PM #2
...... I dont get it.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-10-07, 1:02 PM #3
We call it "Spam".
2005-10-07, 1:03 PM #4
Curiouser and curiouser
Stuff
2005-10-07, 2:57 PM #5
but what's with the story.. or part of a story or whatever that is?

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-07, 9:19 PM #6
It's to get you to post it here and give them more free advertising! :o
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-10-07, 9:36 PM #7
Its called S.P.A.M

Spastic

Polerized

Atomic

Magnetisizer

S.P.A.M
2005-10-07, 9:59 PM #8
is that what spam really stands for??? wow.

2005-10-08, 2:09 PM #9
Is that excerpt from war and peace? I swear I think it is. Well, sorta. It's kinda garbled.

Also, they put that in to avoid spam detection. I have recived emails like that many times before.

edit: It *is* from War and Peace. Yay for me I suppose.

↑ Up to the top!