Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Mysterious Stranger in #massassi
The Mysterious Stranger in #massassi
2005-10-07, 6:07 PM #1
Well, everyone got a kick today. The active people in #massassi, namely me, Rob, Judi, and the drunk Sarn, were talking about pr0n, when all of a sudden this message poped up.

* MaDaVentorSis has joined #massassi

So, after a few moments of silence, people started asking questions about what was going on. Or rather, asked her A/S/L. After several people /whois'ed the person, we got this:

MaDaVentor@holonet-16E2ED13.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com * Java User
«+Sarn`vodka» hmm.

After MZZT and I anaylized it that the adress is from St. Louis, MO, she left and entered many times, until finally turning its nickname to Massassi (default name for jIRC). I contacted her, saying Hello.

Well, after a few moments of silence from her, I learned from Yoshi and MZZT that MaDa lived in Missouri. Finally I get a response.

Quote:
<Massassi> hwhiy wont this work
<Anovis> It should. What are you trying to do?
<Massassi> this is Madaventors sister
<Massassi> i cant see what ia m typing
<Anovis> Are you using Java client?
<Massassi> I am not good with compurters
<Anovis> lol
<Anovis> it's okay
<Massassi> like adam was
<Massassi> he would have been 20 today
<Massassi> just wanted to see if anyone here remembered him
<Anovis> Really? This deserves a post on the forums.
<Anovis> of course
<Anovis> we all do
<Massassi> so good to hear
<Anovis> I havn't even met him
<Anovis> And I know his legend well.
<Massassi> that is so sweet
<Massassi> hew is greatly missed
<Anovis> Yeah.

I continued on from there getting her to use mIRC.

Anyways, I know some of you would like to know, so I posted this thread.

Happy Birthday, Mada.

(If you didn't read the logs, he would be 20 today.)
2005-10-07, 6:13 PM #2
Happy Birthday, MaDa. :(
2005-10-07, 6:17 PM #3
:(
2005-10-07, 6:17 PM #4
S! MaDa.

Did you show him the MaDa memorial pack? How's it comming?
2005-10-07, 6:55 PM #5
such a tragedy
I <3 Massassi
2005-10-07, 8:41 PM #6
Apparently she'll become a regular soon.
2005-10-07, 8:45 PM #7
May he rest in piece

:[
i nevereven knew him and im sad
:[
2005-10-07, 9:13 PM #8
*removes hat* I never knew him, either, but his legend hs indeed lived on. Here's to Mada *raises glass*
The above post may contain traces of sarcasm, cynicism, outright insults, and sadistic tendencies. You have been warned.
2005-10-07, 9:23 PM #9
He and I already celebrated.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-07, 9:36 PM #10

I remember MaDa, I don't think I ever talked with him one on one, but I remember admiring his work.

Godspeed MaDa, wherever you are.
2005-10-07, 10:11 PM #11
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-10-07, 10:26 PM #12
Happy Birthday Old Friend. You are greatly missed. :gbk:

For those of you who sometimes glance at my signature, highlight the black portion and you'll see 27 lives on. In the Massassi Admin Script, Adam's number was 27. [/MaDa Trivia]
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-10-07, 10:30 PM #13
yeah.. I was there. MaDa was a very integral part of massassi. I'm drunk right now.. and I'm trying to be cohrent. but... RIP MaDa./ We love you.
[happy 20th birthday MaDa. You're missed.]
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-07, 10:32 PM #14
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-10-07, 10:38 PM #15
If not for his awesome levels, I probably wouldn't be here right now. Damn. Mada FTW.
幻術
2005-10-07, 11:47 PM #16
May he still rest in peace.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-07, 11:59 PM #17
I havent, and wont ever change my signature
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-10-08, 3:05 AM #18
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-10-08, 3:11 AM #19
I have logs somewhere of making fun of him in #massassi for being SUPER POPULAR after making that saber pack.

That was a Yoda's House stlye phenominon...

Also, he stole the acid idea from me. (ANOTHER inside joke between us, because I know how sensitive you jerks are on the subject.)
2005-10-08, 3:16 AM #20
bah, stop :( ing.

Mada wouldn't want you to mope! be happy for what he did!

Happy birthday mada, have a good one up there. :D
2005-10-08, 7:16 AM #21
Originally posted by Rob:
I have logs somewhere of making fun of him in #massassi for being SUPER POPULAR after making that saber pack.

That was a Yoda's House stlye phenominon...

Also, he stole the acid idea from me. (ANOTHER inside joke between us, because I know how sensitive you jerks are on the subject.)

The saber pack thing was partially me too :D

I was the one who invited him to Massassi and gave him tips on how to really dive into editing. I met him on the zone, while he was working on his saber pack :D
2005-10-08, 7:21 AM #22
That saber pack was horrible. :-P
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-08, 7:22 AM #23
Cripes, I can't believe I missed this thread.

Happy belated birthday, Adam. I wish now as much as ever that you had survived your tumour(s). You didn't deserve to die so young, not with such a bright future ahead. You will always be remembered and missed.
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2005-10-08, 7:31 AM #24
happy b-day MaDa.
2005-10-08, 7:49 AM #25
Damn. He was a born after I was?

Damn. :(
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-08, 10:24 AM #26
:)

Put those sad faces away :)

MadaVentor rocked and still rocks :)
2005-10-08, 10:26 AM #27
Happy Birthday Adam, drinks are on God's tab. May your body rest in peace and you spirit enjoy endless bliss.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-10-08, 10:51 AM #28
Oh my... happy birthday MaDa, wherever you are.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2005-10-08, 11:21 AM #29
Mm happy birthday, MaDa

I mentioned him on my JK presentation. RIP
一个大西瓜
2005-10-08, 11:31 AM #30
I remember a few of his posts back when I rarely went to massassi, great guy.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-10-09, 1:56 AM #31
Happy B-Day, I loved his work... :(
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-10-11, 9:57 AM #32
I just wanted to let you all know how much it means to me to hear you all speak so highly of my brother, the late great MaDaVentor. It is so nice to hear his work still lives on in Massassi. He loved you guys and loved spending his free time (almost all of it ;) ) here with you and working on textures. I printed a copy of this post and took it to the cemetary along with this note:

Adam,
This is a Happy Birthday message from your friends at Massassi. I logged on under MadaVentorSis and confused everyone. Once Anovis taught me to chat I let everyone know you would have been 20 on Friday. You are greatly admired and missed by your friends, family, and the Massassi Community. We love you Adam. Your work lives on at Massassi and you live on in our hearts.
Much Love!

You all really helped brighten October 7th which was a bittersweet day for me. It is good to remember all of the good times I shared with my brother but so sad to know I am missing out on so many more. You really helped me feel a connection to Adam that day and for that I am truly grateful. I will stop in here from time to time and say hello. Thanks again for everything!

MaDaVentorSis---Shelah
2005-10-11, 1:31 PM #33
It never occurred to me on Friday that it was Adam's birthday.

I had actually seen this post saturday, and a few days after, but each day I couldn't think of anything to say.

But now I must say that it's always great to know how well-remembered and how well-respected he is here.

It's always a great feeling to know the ones you cared for and were very close to are remembered well beyond their passing, and to see things in his memory in people's signatures each day reminds me of him, and how much love and respect people had for him.
2005-10-11, 1:50 PM #34
:)

I saw a kid at school today whose shirt said 'MADA' on the front and immediately thought of Adam...

I only spoke to him a couple of times briefly, but he was such a decent guy.
2005-10-11, 1:51 PM #35
I remember playing (beta testing) his mlp3 level with him... fun times.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-11, 2:56 PM #36

I always think its great to remember back a few years ago... when he was asking ME editing questions.

What were you thinking mada! seriously!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.

↑ Up to the top!