Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → You know what's really annoying?
You know what's really annoying?
2005-10-08, 7:35 AM #1
You go out on your 21st birthday to Wal-mart to buy booze, and you don't get carded. Grrr.

So you go on another beer run. Don't get carded. Wraaorgh!

If I had known it was possible, I wouldn't have had my roommate buy all my booze!

:mad:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-08, 7:39 AM #2
Haha, sux0rz to be you!
I guess...
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-10-08, 7:47 AM #3
What's so special about buying beer when you are already 21 years old?
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-10-08, 7:53 AM #4
Because I wasn't able to legally acquire it until yesterday.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-08, 7:58 AM #5
Wolfy, shave and fix your hear up nice, and try again.

(if the shaving doesn't help, put on a little foundation :p)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-08, 8:01 AM #6
Bring in your action figures, BMX, Super Mario game, and talk like a kid.
2005-10-08, 8:03 AM #7
then say something like.. "I hope daddy will like this vodka. I think I might have gotten the wrong kind. And he'll spank me if I got the wrong kind..."

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-08, 8:05 AM #8
Or just say "If you don't check my I.D. I'll call the cops saying that you don't check I.D.'s!"
2005-10-08, 8:08 AM #9
and act really nervous.

The first time I bought cigarettes (they weren't for me), I was 19. And the guy wasn't gonna look at my ID. He just asked me my birthdate... But I went blank and forgot... So instead I just dropped my ID on the counter. He gave me this odd look, took my ID and then gave it back to me and bought the cigs.

2005-10-08, 8:08 AM #10
This reminds me of something.

It was basically back in the day where you had to sign for all the stuff you bought with a credit card, so this guy went around basically signing that he was like god and zeus, picasso, Luke Skywalker, etc etc.
2005-10-08, 8:37 AM #11
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Wolfy, shave and fix your hear up nice, and try again.

(if the shaving doesn't help, put on a little foundation :p)

The facial hair thing to true. I rarelt get carded anywhere when I have a beard, but if I'm clean sahven, I'll get carded at he same places.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-08, 8:47 AM #12
Originally posted by Reid:
Or just say "If you don't check my I.D. I'll call the cops saying that you don't check I.D.'s!"

*notes for future reference*
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-08, 11:46 AM #13
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-10-08, 12:47 PM #14
Most under 18s (well maybe 15-17) in the UK have a fake ID, either a student card or some other random card so they can buy booze. In a lot of places you don't even get asked for ID to get servec. I'm 17 and i can never remember getting IDed at an off-license when i was 16 or so (i look about my age too)...
/fluffle
2005-10-09, 2:19 AM #15
Here (in Hungary), people truly don't care how old you are as long as you got the money.

Sure, you *might* (1 out of a 100 times) get asked if you're old enough to be buying smokes or booze, but not more than that. Noone's going to check your papers or anything.

America's a silly place.
幻術
2005-10-09, 2:42 AM #16
Trying to enforce the laws isn't silly, though the laws themselves might be. 99/100 people willing to disregard the law if you give them money is a bad thing IMO.
2005-10-09, 2:58 AM #17
I was referring to the "no drinking until you're 21" part, actually. And IMHO enforcing strange laws is not something a government should concern itself with.
幻術
2005-10-09, 3:14 AM #18
Originally posted by Koobie:
I was referring to the "no drinking until you're 21" part, actually. And IMHO enforcing strange laws is not something a government should concern itself with.

Setting an age limit for buying alcohol liquors isn't a strange law. The idea is to limit the availability of such neurotoxic beverages to people who already possess the sense of responsibility and understanding to realise the possible consequences of using them - that is, people old enough. Of course in real life the outcome is only partially succesful, but it's still worth the effort.

And this is also the underlying fact of my first post, not to ask for the legal age in Wolfy's state. I was just thinking that if somebody is already 21 years old, buying beer shouldn't be any more exciting than buying milk or sausages.

I don't know about other countries but if the officials over here find some place selling underage people booze, the place will lose its right to sell booze to anybody for some limited period of time. And that's bad for business, obviously. Still, it's up to the owner of the place to decide how much to risk.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-10-09, 3:42 AM #19
Originally posted by lassev:
Setting an age limit for buying alcohol liquors isn't a strange law.

No, not necessarily. However, setting this age limit ABOVE the age of when a person is officially considered an adult (18) is.
幻術
2005-10-09, 3:45 AM #20
you can have sex, smoke, die for your country, get married, drive a car.... but dammit we wont let you drink.
2005-10-09, 10:11 AM #21
They tried to get the limit down to 18 for the military for that reason. Don't remember if it passed though
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-09, 10:14 AM #22
Quote:
you can have sex, smoke, die for your country, get married, drive a car.... but dammit we wont let you drink.

That's because ALL of these things, with the possible exception of driving, are better attempted when drunk. Hell, you won't catch *me* marrying sober.
幻術
2005-10-09, 10:14 AM #23
If there's one law that needs to be changed, it's the recent container law - for purposes of determining possession, your body can be considered a container. So, sober drivers who are 21+ can get charged with enabling a minor. So...yeah.
2005-10-09, 10:22 AM #24
<3 The Netherlands. 16+ is enough for beer and sortalike alcoholic drinks here.

↑ Up to the top!