Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → DARPA Grand Challenge won
DARPA Grand Challenge won
2005-10-08, 4:22 PM #1
http://www.gizmag.com/go/4720/

woot
Stuff
2005-10-08, 4:51 PM #2
I saw DARPA.... I thought metal gear solid.. Im such a nerd!

Anyway, thats pretty cool.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-10-08, 5:14 PM #3
There is a winn4r.
2005-10-08, 5:24 PM #4
Originally posted by fishstickz:
I saw DARPA.... I thought metal gear solid.. Im such a nerd!

Anyway, thats pretty cool.

Yeah.
D E A T H
2005-10-08, 6:36 PM #5
I hope these will be used as convoys in dangerous areas (instead of human drivers and crew.) Like Iraq and the bomb filled roads.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-09, 3:48 AM #6
skynet is watching
2005-10-09, 6:11 AM #7
YOU MUST RESCUE THE DARPA CHEIF
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-09, 6:44 AM #8
[QUOTE=Simpsons' Military School Principal]The battles of the future will not be fought on a battleground or at sea, they will be fought in space. Or at the top of a very tall mountain. In either case, most of the actual fighting will be done by small robots. And as you go forward today, your duty is clear, to build and maintain those robots. Thank you.[/QUOTE]
Every time I read about this contest I think of this. I suppose after a while, the opposition will have robots as well. Then the robots will fight until we realize it's more efficient to build flying robots whose sole purpose is to destroy enemy robot building facilities. Then we'll build robots designed to destroy facilities that build flying destroyer robots.

There will be endless intrigue and espionage in a future populated by robotic James Bonds, a cold war based on the possibility of the existence of Robots of Mass Destruction, or rather the potential that they may be built. North Korea will rejoice as it is blessed with the possibility of making new and more outrageous threats.

All because of robots. I blame this man:
Attachment: 7705/oursuspectintherobotdystopia.jpg (59,853 bytes)

↑ Up to the top!