Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Owned
Owned
2005-10-09, 8:29 AM #1
I've got an owned story that I feel compelled to share with you Massassians.

I'm over at a friend's house, playing Unreal Tournament and proceeding to get my butt whipped by some Godlike bots in DM. He says I suck at gaming, and I tell him to do better. He accepts my challenge, and wtf does he do? HE OPENS THE FREAKING CONSOLE AND TYPES IN GOD AND FLY. He only wins by 4 kills. I tell him to do it again, and tell him to NOT cheat this time. We have a heated arguement that ends in my punching him in the side (he jumps about a foot when you do it to him) and he doesn't cheat. He gets about 5 kills, 20 deaths and it' s a 30 frag game. It was hilarious, freaking hilarious

But that's not all. Then I go and play a game against real people, and win the game, a 30 frag DM. He tries to do it, TRIES to cheat, gets kicked out of the server.

Out of his anger, he sets the bots on easy to own them, turns on fly/God mode and boots up a level. He starts playing, and screams "OMG THE BOTS ARE CHEATING" and I look in to see this bot floating under the level. I tell him to turn off his cheats and try to walk there, and he claims "Hell no I'll die, they're cheating" and complains and whines and such until finally I got him to turn off the cheats. Oh, What's this? IT'S AN INVISIBLE PATH!

What a complete idiot...you'd have to know him to understand why this is so great.

So, yeah. Post your "owned" stories.

Zlocista
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-09, 8:30 AM #2
He's not your friend.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-09, 8:31 AM #3
That was not an OWNED story...

Give me my time back.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-09, 8:32 AM #4
Originally posted by Echoman:
He's not your friend.

Bingo!
2005-10-09, 8:42 AM #5
Why do you hang out with that loser? Is he a five year old? Kid becomes a brat when you tell him not to use cheat codes. Wow, what a waste of space.

And yes, I am glad you owned on the server and showed him who's who, but I would like my time back.
2005-10-09, 9:23 AM #6
Once i was playing football(touch) in the street with my friends and my friend cught a pass on forth down and in while we were both in the air I promptly shoved him with all my might into the curb.

owned.
(and he didn't get hurt)
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-10-09, 11:55 AM #7
A bunch of kiddies thought they could own me in UT2k4 at the local LAN place.

20 minutes, no frag limit on DM.

I won with 58 kills, the next person having *23*.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-10-09, 11:57 AM #8
That's a tool story..
2005-10-09, 12:01 PM #9
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]That's a tool story..[/QUOTE]

2005-10-09, 12:37 PM #10
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Why do you hang out with that loser?

Because Zloc is also a loser.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-10-09, 12:41 PM #11
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Why do you hang out with that loser?

Well, we generally get along very well and share a lot of the same interests. I somewhat exaggerated his resistance to turn of the cheats. And..well...he's the only real "gamer" I know personally in real life at my age.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-10, 2:24 PM #12
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]That's a tool story..[/QUOTE]

Agreed
Pissed Off?
2005-10-10, 2:27 PM #13
This one time I got kicked down a flight of stairs.
LOL YUP ITZ TROO
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-10-10, 2:34 PM #14
WHAT, I DIDN'T DO IT
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-10, 3:17 PM #15
Genki's right, it was me.

*pushes Genki down the stairs*
2005-10-10, 4:27 PM #16
My brother and I were playing UT2K4 demo once, on that onslaught map...

He grabbed the raptor (we were in a multiplayer game online, btw) and started flying up the top of that central tower to get the Redeemer. So he got up there, ran over the guy who was camping it, and jumped out right as the Raptor was about to fly off. So he landed on top of the tower, got the BFG, and was looking around, when all of a sudden the texty parts said that he had crushed someone w/ the raptor... apparently it had flown off the other side of the tower, fallen all the way down to the ground and crushed one of the enemies who was running by.

It was glorious.
2005-10-10, 4:32 PM #17
I was playing ZDaemon once, and this guy was just sitting there out in the field in D5M1, saying things like "god", "/god", "\god", and "god()" while I repeatedly chainsawed him. Hilarious, but you'd have to have been watching it to really appreciate the stupidity.
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-10, 5:04 PM #18
My VERY first DM match ever (back in '98 or '99), my friend (Fragment) and I were at his house testing out Quake 2. We were generally playing the usual routine in the second map from the first base mission (he would shoot, and i would die. wash, risnse repeat). It was then that i discovered the art of camping: i hid in a dark corner near an elevator in a large room (on the second level, there's a walkway in the shape of a "C" which is open over the lower level). He starts attempting to jump the gap twice (falling each time, but not taking much damage), and then finally stops just outside of the elevator. The second he does this, i run out of my dark corner, screaming bloody murder, and wailing on him with a rocket-launcher. I may have won the fight, but i wasn't smart enough to find a new hiding spot (he came back and finshed me off 1 a couple of rockets of his own :()

On a side note, i also encountered (possibly) the stupidest machinegunner ever (in Firearms). I was running around with an uzi, he had a heavy MG. the seocond we met, he stood still and started spinning in circles while pulling the trigger (obviously he was using a keyboard rather than a mouse to aim). No uzi for him: i ran behind him and kept knifing him as he attempted to spin around and hit me. :cool:
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2005-10-10, 5:30 PM #19
One time I knew this white couple, and they had a black kid.

Owned.
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2005-10-10, 5:38 PM #20
Well, good for them for adopting.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-10-10, 6:01 PM #21
Originally posted by Emon:
Because Zloc is also a loser.

Buhdum tsssss! (drum tap)

I have a feeling that this isn't the first thread where Zloc address some moronic action of the brat.
2005-10-10, 6:38 PM #22
Actually..it IS the first time I've mentioned his moronic actions. He was reluctant to turn off cheats, btu like I said in a previouc post, I exaggerated a bit.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-10, 7:11 PM #23
I was playing JK CTF once, me vs two other guys, on the Light and Dark level. End score was like 200 to 50 IN MY FAVOR. Either they weren't trying hard or were noobs or something. I just ran back and forth between the bases with force speed and usually that was enough.

2005-10-12, 1:51 PM #24
Computer Ops class.
I listen to my iPod under the guise of my hoodie since the class is going over Microsoft word (Stuff my grandmother knows how to do) and all that easy stuff.
In addition, the teacher only teaches about 10 minutes of each 2 hour class, he usually sidetracks himself and starts talking about something else.

So I'm sitting there browsing ebay and the current song is Battle Read by Otep.

I hear through the music something about "Receiving Head" and it being "A distraction." Now Usually distractions are bad things, so I jump out of the blue saying "What? How is that a distraction?"

Teacher goes "Well I don't know about you, but who ever you've been with must not have been too good" And a random kid goes "Yea man that would definately be a distraction"

So whatever, class goes on. I ask my blockmate next to me what he was talking about. They were talking about the swordfish hacking scene.

Oh man though I just totaly got ***** by some geek who you think would never have gotten any since he lives in his Moms basement, has 6 grand worth of DVDs, plays D&D, and all that stuff that you would attribute to someone "Who needs to get laid."

Now THAT, my friends is owned.
2005-10-12, 1:58 PM #25
The people who try to cheat in StarCraft MP are the funniest. :)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-10-12, 2:13 PM #26
Originally posted by saberopus:
My brother and I were playing UT2K4 demo once, on that onslaught map...

He grabbed the raptor (we were in a multiplayer game online, btw) and started flying up the top of that central tower to get the Redeemer. So he got up there, ran over the guy who was camping it, and jumped out right as the Raptor was about to fly off. So he landed on top of the tower, got the BFG, and was looking around, when all of a sudden the texty parts said that he had crushed someone w/ the raptor... apparently it had flown off the other side of the tower, fallen all the way down to the ground and crushed one of the enemies who was running by.

It was glorious.

Aye, that happened with me one time I was playing BFV with only another 2 players. One shot my jet, I bailed, the plane crashed into the hillside killing the other guy.

Sheer luck really.
nope.
2005-10-12, 11:28 PM #27
I was playing HL2DM and some guy made a small 'fort' against a wall, thinking he was safe... Well I just whipped out my Grav gun, and made his entire 'fort' crush him against the wall. Absolutely hilarious. You'd think he would have at LEAST angled the fort in a triangle shape using the corner of the wall which was beside him. Haha.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;

↑ Up to the top!