Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My christmas present is better than Yours!
My christmas present is better than Yours!
2003-12-19, 12:56 PM #1
[http://cache.lego.com/images/shop/Products/TYPE04/LEGO-US-2057/Box384x288us010030.jpg]

Yeah, that just got delivered. I will post pictures once it is built if anyone wants to see.
Bobbert006:The other day my dad said, "I think the world has passed me by."
I told him he isn't missing anything.

AGONetwork
2003-12-19, 12:59 PM #2
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> My christmas present is better than Yours! </font>

Yes. Yes it is. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

Just how big is that?

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2003-12-19, 1:00 PM #3
Not by a long shot [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-19, 1:02 PM #4
I'm getting an iPod, so... no [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2003-12-19, 1:16 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mano:
I'm getting an iPod, so... no [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

Pfft. This thing cost about twice as much as your stupid iPod, and it wasnt made by some ****ty company like apple, so, no.

Anyway...

TheJkWhoSaysNi: 3 feet or so when assembled.

AGONetwork
2003-12-19, 1:20 PM #6
well, um...eh....errm... I'M GETTING CANDY! SO THERE!

------------------
" You killed me. That wasn't very nice."
Noble Gases
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2003-12-19, 1:55 PM #7
I'm getting Sweet F.A. So...yeh! It is.

------------------
"I never dreamed I'd love somebody like you...
I never dreamed I'd loose someone like you."
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2003-12-19, 1:58 PM #8
"Apple LEGOS"

*shudder*

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-19, 2:00 PM #9
Actually.. the iPod is the best Mp3 player on the market, by far...

but anyway, the lego thing is cool

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-19, 2:20 PM #10
I used to love building with Legos, but there are two main problems: not enough bricks, and...where do you put the stuff you build?! If you want to build anything of much size (like that), where do you put it when you're finished? So I kind of got out of it.
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2003-12-19, 2:35 PM #11
I'll be dammed if I know were I am gonna put it. I just think it is really cool I have it.

AGONetwork
2003-12-19, 3:19 PM #12
i'd take this 9800 pro over that anyday

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2003-12-19, 3:37 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TwistedSoul:
i'd take this 9800 pro over that anyday

</font>

PHROOT

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Actually.. the iPod is the best Mp3 player on the market, by far...

------------------

</font>
[/b]

Er...no. They're not. They're just the most MARKETED MP3 player out there. Look around on newegg, dealfinder, whatever, and you'll find much better for much cheaper. I mean come on, who pays 600 dollars for a music machine? I Payed 100 for mine, and even though it's not the biggest, it's direct USB, and about the size of two fingers. I'm happy with it [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

BTW, I'm getting straight up cash. Nothing beats that ;D

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2003-12-19, 3:56 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
Actually.. the iPod is the best Mp3 player on the market, by far...

</font>

I disagree. Way too expensive, you pay $100+ for the Apple brand name, a sleek looking design, and a calender and date book you never use. When I buy an MP3 player, I want a box, with a hard drive, that plays MP3's at decent quality with a semi-decent GUI, and preferable supports ID3 tags, but that's getting greedy.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-12-19, 4:10 PM #15
I think I'm getting an iPod. And I agree, they are the best on the market.

I guess I could also count my new acoustic/electric guitar. It's about 8000000000x better than your little lego thinger. Listed for $1200 got it for $800 cant beat that.

------------------
<< start the revolution >>
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2003-12-19, 4:10 PM #16
You're paying for a 128 meg player Yosh, thats liek.. 2 Cds.. I can fit my entire music collection on a 5gig Ipod, which are running $200 nowadays.

And dud, the iPod has the best GUI, best sound quality and best software (iTunes), Im willing to shell out an extra $50 to get a better player that will last longer (well actually.. mine just died.. I should fix that)

------------------
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-19, 4:53 PM #17
MaDa had one of those. He posted pictures for us. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
2003-12-19, 5:08 PM #18
I got a car.

------------------
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."

[This message has been edited by R_ivi_N (edited December 19, 2003).]
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2003-12-19, 5:45 PM #19
Dude.. Lego Star Destroyers OWN cars... Duh

------------------
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-19, 5:50 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
Actually.. the iPod is the best Mp3 player on the market, by far...</font>

Hell no, HELL NO. The iPod is a peice of **** compared to some of the higher-end mp3 players out there. iRivier makes some really good ones... OGG support, FM tuner, FM broadcast, etc. Stuff you wouldnt emmedietly attribute to an mp3 player, but find irresistable once you get used to them. I mean, when your in your car, would you rather put on headphones, or pipe it out through the car speakers? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

(sure, you can get attachments for the iPod that do this, but Id rather have it built-in...)

...And besides, at the end of the day, the iPod is just another Apple product . . . and you know how I feel about Apple products...

------------------
Fight the future.

[This message has been edited by GBK (edited December 19, 2003).]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-19, 5:52 PM #21
Nope sorry mine is.

I got a truck.

OWNED
2003-12-19, 5:59 PM #22
i got,
[http://65.67.249.244/prssilverstd22.jpg] brand new paul reed smith.

------------------
The opera, The Sands of Time, lasted only four minutes.

The Kansas, and Colorado State Boards of Education both mandate that children should not be taught, or lead to believe in the theory of evolution, Newton's theory of gravity, or the theory that germs cause disease
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2003-12-19, 6:04 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Hell no, HELL NO. The iPod is a peice of **** compared to some of the higher-end mp3 players out there. iRivier makes some really good ones... OGG support, FM tuner, FM broadcast, etc. Stuff you wouldnt emmedietly attribute to an mp3 player, but find irresistable once you get used to them. I mean, when your in your car, would you rather put on headphones, or pipe it out through the car speakers?

(sure, you can get attachments for the iPod that do this, but Id rather have it built-in...)

...And besides, at the end of the day, the iPod is just another Apple product . . . and you know how I feel about Apple products...</font>

You know, this post actually made me cry. Product loyalty sucks, you never know when the company you hate will come out with something a lot better than the company you love makes. And then you make yourself look stupid by saying "Hell no."
I pity you.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2003-12-19, 6:20 PM #24
Is there anyone here that actually waits until Christmas to open their presents?
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2003-12-19, 6:21 PM #25
Yes the Star Destroyer does indeed rock, I wish I had it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] Now you need a bunch of mini X-wing LEGO sets to have flying around it!

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2003-12-19, 6:22 PM #26
no, what sucks is you already know what your getting... there are 3 big packages behind our Christmas tree (3'children) and i have no idea which one i get, or what's in it. 7 days to wait, waiting to find out what i shall get.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2003-12-19, 6:39 PM #27
Look, it all depends on prefrences. Since I rip alot of my music into AAC, because it has a higher quality, I HAVE to use an iPod. The iRiver is alright, but the sound quality isnt as good, the GUI isnt as good (In my opinion mind you). Also, I dont know what the software is like for the iRiver, but I am tempted to say that the iTunes has the best software to player accesability and ease of use

------------------
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-19, 6:51 PM #28
Don't be too proud of your constructed technological terror. The ability to construct Lego Star Destroyers is insignificant next to the power of pie.

-Fox
2003-12-19, 7:03 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Firefox:
Don't be too proud of your constructed technological terror. The ability to construct Lego Star Destroyers is insignificant next to the power of pie.

-Fox
</font>

You win.

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum
(I can see your house from up here)
"But he's not going to carry you three" said Death.
"Why not?"
"It's a matter of the look of the thing"
"It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it" said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse"

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2003-12-19, 7:23 PM #30
No! mine will be best! I'm getiin' this bad boy! whoohoo! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
"I must find somone... to
send to Riven."
-Atrus, 'Riven'
"I must find somone... to send to Riven."
-Atrus, 'Riven'

Whatever you do, do NOT click here! don't even try!
2003-12-19, 7:28 PM #31
Im getting:
-Stargate Sg-1 Season One on dvd
-Indiana Jones Triology DVD
-The Blues Brothers Collectors Edition DVD
-Xbox
-Xbox DVD Remote

------------------
Kilroy Was Here
2003-12-19, 7:32 PM #32
iPods aren't as good as the higher end MP3 players if you look for them. Why are they so popular? They flash OMG 5 GIGS OMG in front of your face and you take it. For an insane price. My friend got a 20 gig iRiver of some sort for 224.95, and it works better and has a better GUI(no fancy stuff) than the iPod. I'll admit, they've gotten MP3 players to the masses, but Apple still is good for one thing only--displays. iPod, nice to have, not nice to pay for [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif].

P.S. AAC<OGG

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2003-12-19, 8:30 PM #33
...um, not to make you look retarded, but the iPod isnt even available at retail stores with 5 GB. The lowest version out right now is 10 GB.

And your friend couldnt have possibly gotten a 20 GB iRiver for anything less than $300, unless he knows some black-market stores. The iRiver closest to the price you quoted is the 1.5 GB version.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Schming (edited December 19, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Schming (edited December 19, 2003).]
2003-12-19, 10:55 PM #34
Why does everyone put 'i' in front of names? It makes it sound cheap and aimed at n00bies.

Anyway, yeah. That beats mine, 'cause I'm getting about £240 worth of computer parts.

------------------
Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here, this was my dream, my wish, and it didn't come true. So I'm takin' it back. I'm takin' 'em all back.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2003-12-20, 12:46 AM #35
I got a new guitar.

So, no. :P

BTW, it is nice...

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2003-12-20, 1:38 AM #36
I'm getting nothing, save maybe some candy from some demented granny.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.rot13.com" TARGET=_blank>Wnav "Xebxb" Ghbzvara
w_ghbzvara@yhhxxh.pbz</A>
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2003-12-20, 3:36 AM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Overlord:

-Stargate Sg-1 Season One on dvd
</font>

/me Steals.

------------------
"I never dreamed I'd love somebody like you...
I never dreamed I'd loose someone like you."
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2003-12-20, 3:38 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blujay:
Is there anyone here that actually waits until Christmas to open their presents?</font>

Oh, I almost thought I was a week off [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
This Space Intentionally Left Blank.
This Space Intentionally Left Blank.
2003-12-20, 3:38 AM #39
Schming, I got the 5 gig iPod over a year ago, when the iPod was the only good mp3 player on the market.

------------------
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-20, 8:32 AM #40
It still is the only good player on the market IMO, and like I said, the lowest version out for retail right now is 10 GB, but even that is being replaced by the 20 GB version.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!