Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → About damn time I got a job...
About damn time I got a job...
2005-10-11, 4:30 PM #1
I just had my group interview today with Macy's and I'm now in the process of getting hired to be part of the shipping and receiving team. I'll be doing the paper work on Thursday and having an orientation on the 18th.

As Stimpy would say...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY :D
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-10-11, 4:33 PM #2
Is this your first job?

Anyways I'm currently in the process of looking for a job to help me fill my fridge. In my last college (dorm) I had a job for beer money, now with an apartment it's money for FOOD ><.
Of course I live in a small town with no car, and everyplace is lowering staff for the slower winter. So getting hired anyplace = slim chance :(
2005-10-11, 4:45 PM #3
I work at CVS/pharmacy. Have for aboot a year and a half. It's nice, about 3 minutes drive from me house.
2005-10-11, 4:49 PM #4
*sigh* I miss my old job...
There's HARD job, and there is working hard. I mean I would lie if I didn't work hard at times, but the job was EASY. Most of the time was just sitting around doing nothing. Only a couple hours were actual work. Now add tons of hot customers, free food, great friends as coworkers, boozing on the job, and that equals the best job ever.
2005-10-11, 4:51 PM #5
That's ironic. I just got hired for a new job today... :)

Cheers.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-11, 5:21 PM #6
Ooo, grats to you too Sarn_Cadrill. What's the job, btw?

As for me, this technically is my second job. My first was as a dish washer for a local Italian restaurant but I got fired for being too slow and making too many mistakes. I'm gonna make sure this time around I don't screw up and hold the job for as long as possible. The job is seasonal though so I'll be working for Macy's until January 31st. I do have the option though to switch to full-time if I so desire once the season is up.
2005-10-11, 5:23 PM #7
HAPPY GO LUCKY!
2005-10-11, 6:50 PM #8
Same as what I was doing before, basically... Customer Service... now for T-Mobile. There's benefits and incentive and what not... Only pays $8/hour, but I can make over $150 a day in sales bonus.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-11, 7:16 PM #9
Ok, it seems like I'm in bit of a dilema now. It appears that I goofed and forgot to get my high school diploma a few years ago and I need the original copy of it in order to fill out the paper work on Thursday. I'm going to have to call the school and pickup my diploma tomorrow (assuming they can get it for me in time) so I can have it ready for Thursday. This really sucks because I was hoping to have a day off tomorrow but that doesn't seem to be the case.
2005-10-11, 8:06 PM #10
Good luck! :)
Pissed Off?
2005-10-11, 9:11 PM #11
Phew, I have good news. After searching all over the damn house, my mother was able to locate my diploma so I'm officially out of the woods. That's a relief!
2005-10-11, 9:13 PM #12
that == good. :D

↑ Up to the top!