Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → stupid stupid stupid
stupid stupid stupid
2005-10-12, 6:13 AM #1
It's been awhile since I've posted one of these, but I think you already know what it'll be about. Lately, things have been fluctuating for me, people never return my calls, but even when people legitimately claim they have, it never turns up on my phone. I've been getting girls' numbers here and there and going on a few casual dates, just to have fun and whatnot, but last night was an excellent evening cut short by... well, I don't know what.

From time to time in my weekly philosophy discussion group, this kid I sit with and I have always checked out this girl we called 'glasses chick' on the other side of the class who's both really hot but also comes off brilliant. The other day, we were getting our papers back and I got a 69 and it turned out she got a 100, and I said to her that she was someone I'd like to get to know. We talked a little, and on the way out, she was walking away, but when I made sure I had her name right, she asked whether I took good notes. Sure. She asked if she could copy them sometime. Why not. And I said we should exchange numbers, but her cell was dead, so I took hers down and said I'd call her later.

Fast forward a few days to yesterday. I walked out of philosophy lecture and decided I'd give her a call and see if she'd like to get some lunch, but I got her machine and left a quick message - while I was talking to her voicemail, however, she had called back and left a message on mine, so I called again and she said she had just woken up, but that she'd get back to me sometime later that day or the day after. Ok. I went on my way.

I was hanging out in a friend's room who was ragging on me for knowing all these girls when one, this one, in fact called. She said she was on the subway right now, but that she was heading back to her apartment and wanted to know if she could drop by and pick up my notes or if she'd prefer that I come over. I totally wanted to come over, and she said I could smoke her hookah while she copied my notes. Awesome. She said she'd call me back when she got in her neighborhood and give me directions. I got all psyched and a little panicked, and since I didn't actually *have* any notes, I went to the task of making some quickly...

After she had called with directions, I set off into the twilight city. I walked with thoughts of disbelief at where I was going and surmised that she must be some steamy seductress whose key to success is copying the notes of unsuspecting freshmen whom she'd have her way with. I wasn't complaining, mind you.

I buzzed her floor and tried to calm myself as she came down, looking astounding. She welcomed me and led me up and I was just soaking in the environment as we went up to floor four. Her room is larger than the one I share with my roomate, her bed, three times wider than mine, and excellently decorated to boot. I started looking around trying to gauge her by the environment she'd created herself, and I noticed a print on the wall from the Massachussetts Horticultural Society, some cameras, and books. Lots of books.

She led me to a sofa and asked if I'd like a drink. What did she have? Oh, water, tea, apple juice... vodka tonic. I chose the vodka tonic, hoping it might calm me down a little. I thought maybe I should make some conversation while she was in the kitchen, but instead took the time to frantically poke my nose into this and that and get a bigger picture of what I was dealing with here. She brought it in, limes, spoon, and all, and I settled back with a book of Dali from her coffee table collection as she went off to pack the hookah.

After another interlude, she returned with this huge hookah, set it up with strawberry tobacco, and put on some Coldplay in the background. Whoa. So... um... she wanted the notes? She picked up my binder, looked through my scant five pages of notes, chose the last three and asked if she could photocopy them. Yeah sure, I said, taking a bubbly drag. Ok, and she put the binder down. Wasn't that what I had come here for, I thought? I guess that's not all.

I leaned back and we talked and talked. I was rather intrigued to hear what she had to say at first, and when I'd finished my tonic, I offered her some Jagermeister and Red Bull I just happened to have with me. The first time she said I shouldn't tempt her with it and the second, I poured her a glass. She told me how she hadn't been able to sleep last night and had woken up at 5 pm today. Especially now with the Red Bull, she didn't think she'd be able to sleep all night....

We talked about art and philosophy, the latter being her major, actually, and both being two things I love talking about. She showed me some of her sketches, a few of which were pretty good, and I duly complimented her on them. She asked if I was from Pennsylvania from my area code and it turned out that we hd gone to the same summer camp back at my home so we traded some stories about that. I was feeling the Russian fire a little, and I gave her Carl Jung's archetypal personality test, the third question seeming about bodies of water, but in fact indicative of her sex life. When told this, she gave a coy laugh.

At this point, the hookah had numbed my brain and I was like a ethanized bug, lazily flapping a wing and gazing around in wonderous nonchalance. This was everything I could possibly want and nothing I had really experienced before. Here was this absolutely gorgeous girl sitting diagonal to me taking turns puffing her hookah, sipping exotic liqueur, and talking about art, literature, philosophy, and life for hours on end. I didn't know what to do, the again, I didn't need to know what to do, everything just seemed to flow really well. I went into the bathroom and looked my surprisingly dashing self in mirror and asked, where am I? What am I doing here? Is this really happening?

Her roomates came home but generally left us alone. The apartment was set up in such a way, however, that one of them couldn't come in or out without having to pass through this girl's room. The thing about Jagermeister and Red bull is that it slows you down and then speeds you up. We had just finished hookah tobacco roll number two and she had loaded a third. I thought this was a bit much. I was slowing down, and suddenly I felt a little drowsy and a lot less interested in our conversation. The idea that I ought to leave suddenly appeared in my brain and issued forth from my smoky mouth. I got up, said we ought to do this again sometime, and walked out.

Out on the street, I went a good couple blocks or so in a happy daze thinking that the city was quite pretty when it hit me: what the **** was I doing? I had walked away from the phenomenal time I'd been having, and if I had just stayed a couple more hours, I probably could have stayed the night, especially because it had started raining shortly after I returned to my dorm. Telling my friends the story when I returned, they were aghast and crestfallen that I hadn't gotten any action despite profuse signalage. How blind I was! I was a tired man, let me sleep. I fumbled around a bit and hit the sack.

I managed to close my eyes before the red bull hit me. I've never had that stuff before, either. It was like sleep was a triangle and I only had two lines to work with. I would feel tired, my eyes would droop, but my body was AWAKE. So I'd been consigned to a heart to heart with my roomate while my mind tormented me with thoughts of what I could be doing instead of tossing and turning alone.

I have a paper due Thursday for philosophy that I can't afford to fail and for which I could legitimately use a second opinion. My recent study buddy, while foxy, has only succeeded in getting me 69, and not that kind. I'll definitely have to call her up and see if I can swing by tonight. But now I'm clouded with doubt where none should exist. I can imagine, restless as she would be, she called some other, more willing guy over to sate her desires, or perhaps she thinks I'm not on to her now. I hate how when you miss things like this, you can never really recapture the moment again. There's no save/reload. I can try, though. And it doesn't help that I'm so... immobile, I can never make a move, even after all that. I don't know what's wrong with me, I always need to freezeframe, go within and sort things out, make sure I'm on the right path, weigh the alternatives, decide my next course of action, and then take my tenative next step. Forget analysis, I have to DO. I have to do *her*.

What does Massassi think about this and what I should do, besides suspicions as to her looseosity?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-10-12, 6:29 AM #2
You should have asked her if she could help you with your 69.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-12, 6:48 AM #3
Hookahs are awesome.

I'd call her back today, and apologize for leaving early. Just tell her you were really tired. Don't make any excuses. She'll understand. :)

Meet up again with her as soon as possible.
2005-10-12, 7:02 AM #4
Shintock, you are the man.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-10-12, 7:05 AM #5
Shintock speaks the truth, don't think, just do.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-10-12, 7:17 AM #6
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
Shintock, you are the man.

:D
2005-10-12, 7:18 AM #7
TL;DR
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-10-12, 7:25 AM #8
Quote:
It was like sleep was a triangle and I only had two lines to work with.

dude, that's the coolest sentence I've ever seen. Kudos. (it also sounds like something Max Payne would say...)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-12, 7:28 AM #9
Originally posted by oSiRiS:
TL;DR

2005-10-12, 8:05 AM #10
Originally posted by Shintock:
Hookahs are awesome.

I'd call her back today, and apologize for leaving early. Just tell her you were really tired. Don't make any excuses. She'll understand. :)

Meet up again with her as soon as possible.

Agreed, and definetly stick with it. ;)
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2005-10-12, 8:11 AM #11
Damn, Grissy, if you were as good with da ladies as you were at writing; well, we'd probably be reading a much different story right now.
Stuff
2005-10-12, 8:30 AM #12
you shold write a book about all this, in your style, call it fiction, change all the names, sell it, and $$$$.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-10-12, 8:31 AM #13
holy **** your life is action-packed

note: the deer is teal
2005-10-12, 8:44 AM #14
To me it sounds like you have a fairly decent chance. Bring a condom the next time you go and see her, b/c I believe that your chances are fairly good.
2005-10-12, 9:10 AM #15
Hit it from behind.
D E A T H
2005-10-12, 9:52 AM #16
Wow, that's long. Anyone care to post footnotes?
2005-10-12, 10:12 AM #17
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Wow, that's long. Anyone care to post footnotes?

Alright!

Summary;

emo blog post
2005-10-12, 10:19 AM #18

Ditto, especially since you had **** screwing with your head
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-12, 10:30 AM #19
Originally posted by Rob:
Alright!

Summary;

nein, summary:

Quote:
Grismath smoked a hookah with a hottie and then left before the sex.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-10-12, 12:19 PM #20
That was very entertaining, therefore I will not criticize what would otherwise be an emo blog post.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-12, 2:02 PM #21
oh man oh man oh man I called and she invited me back tonight. <3 philosophy
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-10-12, 2:18 PM #22
Originally posted by KegZ:
Shintock speaks the truth, don't think, just do.

Excuse me... wasn't the problem here caused by him not thinking? (leaving this gorgeous girl's place).

[EDIT] All right, Grismath! Tell us about it afterwards. :D
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-10-12, 2:38 PM #23
So... what's the problem? You just got tired/woozy and left, you're going back tongiht, she's awesome, sounds perfect to me. You were wise IMO to avoid overdoing it with the various available substances.
2005-10-12, 3:51 PM #24
That comment about the triangle and sleep was excellent.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-10-12, 9:01 PM #25
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Ditto, especially since you had **** screwing with your head

Unless he was drunk, I don't know what was screwing with his head. You know what a hookah is, don't you? There's no drugs or anything involved, just aromatic tobacco.
2005-10-12, 9:09 PM #26
Vodka, Jagermeister and Red Bull?
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-12, 9:10 PM #27
Tobacco, especially that much, gives you a helluva buzz.
D E A T H
2005-10-12, 9:10 PM #28
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Vodka, Jagermeister and Red Bull?

It would take me a good 20oz's at least to get me ****ed up. :p

[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Tobacco, especially that much, gives you a helluva buzz.[/QUOTE]

Oh definitely. I've smoked hookahs quite a few times, and you do get somewhat of a buzz off of it. But your head is still working fine, at least, I think.

Nevermind, I suck.
2005-10-12, 11:02 PM #29
It would take me a good 20oz's at least to get me ****ed up. :p

It would depend on how much vodka and Jagger is in it for it to get me wasted fast. I don't know the exact drink recipe.
2005-10-12, 11:14 PM #30
Quote:
I got all psyched and a little panicked, and since I didn't actually *have* any notes, I went to the task of making some quickly...
lol...

and... probably better you didn't stay the night for two reasons. 1) Keep her wanting it. Hold back a little, and she'll come to you. 2) It sounds like you're really interested in her... You don't want her thinking you're just looking for a one night stand.

So be happy you didn't stay. All good things will come in time.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-12, 11:20 PM #31
pssst I'm in her apartment right now!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-10-12, 11:26 PM #32
... then what are you doing here?
2005-10-12, 11:29 PM #33
pssst I'm in her apartment right now!

You will come to regret this decision.

And by decision I mean finding a working PC and managing to type up that you are in girl's apartment on these message boards instead of concentrating your efforts on properly scoring.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-10-12, 11:34 PM #34
heh, we're typing up our philosophy assignment. I took her out to a late night meal and on the way back, since she'd been talking about relationships, I asked if she was seeing anyone, but she gave a kinda/sorta, that some guy she'd been with last year told her that he still loved her. I mixed some drinks with her, most notably a kickass White Russian, and she's been drinking red wine.

I was just putting my arm around her on the couch, but eventually she got up and started lighting scented candles all over her room... now she's sitting diagonal from me and I feel rather odd typing this, but it is a slight update. I'm getting some good vibes, she was receptive to us hanging out on future occasions, bookmarking movies we'll have to see, and concerts we'll have to attend. I think I'll go for something tonight.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-10-12, 11:46 PM #35
heh, we're typing up our philosophy assignment. I took her out to a late night meal and on the way back, since she'd been talking about relationships, I asked if she was seeing anyone, but she gave a kinda/sorta, that some guy she'd been with last year told her that he still loved her. I mixed some drinks with her, most notably a kickass White Russian, and she's been drinking red wine.

I was just putting my arm around her on the couch, but eventually she got up and started lighting scented candles all over her room... now she's sitting diagonal from me and I feel rather odd typing this, but it is a slight update. I'm getting some good vibes, she was receptive to us hanging out on future occasions, bookmarking movies we'll have to see, and concerts we'll have to attend. I think I'll go for something tonight.

Good. No more posting for you tonight. I want you to get your game on, y'hear.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-10-12, 11:57 PM #36

I was just putting my arm around her on the couch, but eventually she got up and started lighting scented candles all over her room...

DO HER NOW :p

PS. Don't forget the foreplay-- for us men it's useless and a waste of time, but its still important. (see, we men are like light switches-- we are either on or off. Women are like dimmer switches-- you have to crank them up to full gradually.)
2005-10-13, 12:25 AM #37
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
PS. Don't forget the foreplay-- for us men it's useless and a waste of time, but its still important. (see, we men are like light switches-- we are either on or off. Women are like dimmer switches-- you have to crank them up to full gradually.)

If he needed you to tell him something as basic as that, he needs a lot more help than you could hope to provide.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-10-13, 4:14 PM #38
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel "left hanging?"
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-13, 4:20 PM #39
He's still passed out in her bed.

>.>
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-10-13, 11:57 PM #40
CONCLUSION:

I forget what exactly I said when I was typing from her room, so I'll start from the beginning. I don't remember everything all that well because I was really tired, among other mind-bending influences. I braved the cold winds and showed up at her flat, once again nervous but in a dapper mood. She took me up the stairs and into the room, she mixed me another vodka tonic and we got to work pretty quickly. She drank red wine and puffed her hookah as we tried to blow assorted rings and hearts. I played some music from my laptop and she said she'd love to come to a concert with me later this month.

We had made some headway with the work but things were slowing down a bit, so I suggested that we go out and get something to eat. She gave me a tour of her neighborhood, but most of the eateries were closed. She ran into some guys who knew her and introduced me to them. I took her across campus to this awesome eatery that was open late.

We sprinted to catch the subway and as we rode, she saw some guy she told me had asked her out but she'd turned down. We got off and as she was crossing the tracks and looking at me, I saw this train looming right behind her and it gave a deafining blare and she jumped off to the side. Got her rather spooked.

The music was excellent and we split a steak sandwich and traded stories. I bought us two of my favorite cookies, also. I asked her to tell me a story about adventure, drama, and... wood. She did, and asked me to tell her one about cookies and broken hearts. I have many such stories, so I gave her a good one loaded with some subtle insight into how I roll.

I asked her if she was seeing anybody on the way back, and she gave me a 'kinda sorta' response about this guy we'd met on the street who sounded like he was a bit bumbling in his approach and whom she'd been with some time ago but told her that he still loved her recently. When she asked me, I gave a quick 'no, not really' and changed the subject, bah. We went upstairs and finished our work with conversation once and awhile. I fixed myself an *awesome* White Russian, and she finished her bottle of wine and lit a bunch of candles. I had her come sit on the couch next to me, and we were puffing the hookah and I saw a song on her roomate's laptop called 'The System Is Down', so we watched Homestar Runner and then Saladfingers, which really creeped her out. I had my arm around her, but I just couldn't see myself hooking up with her after we'd seen Saladfingers.

She said, "well if you're going to be here for awhile, let's watch a movie" and she said she was getting cold so we cuddled up under a blanket, shared another White Russian, and started watching "Before Sunrise" or whatever and she kept asking me if I didn't like it, or I'd like to see some other movie. I had Se7en with me, which I've never seen, so we got on her bed and watched that.... what a bad movie choice.

By the time the movie was over, too, it was 7 am, and the sun was coming up. Gah. I went over to the couch to get some sleep and she said I could sleep over with her. She set her alarm for 9 and forewarned me that she was a really heavy sleeper, so I shouldn't be alarmed if I heard a loud fire alarm, that was just her clock. Also, she said, no horsing around with her while she was asleep, with a smile. As soon as I lay down, I was out like a light. We woke up at 12:42, and the paper we had worked on all night had been due at 11. I was really dazed. I said that it would look bad if a. we went to class together now with the paper, or b. we e-mailed the paper during class, making it seem like we hadn't made an effort to deliver it... so, she should come back to bed. But her roomates were up and about, making breakfast and whatnot, and so I left without saying goodbye to rush over and deliver my paper. She had e-mailed her and gave me a call on my way back. I said I'd had fun and we should do this again and she agreed. She since poked me on facebook and wrote on my wall.

I'm such a loser - I really should have made some move. At least I'm comfortable around her, now. I can't think of any other signs she possibly could have given me. I just can't transition. And I can't take myself seriously if I want to say something attractive/sexy/romantic. I think of things to say but snicker at the thought of using them. :P
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.

↑ Up to the top!