Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 2 bodies found burned in a park...
2 bodies found burned in a park...
2005-10-12, 9:48 AM #1
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200551012010

That park is only a mile from my house.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-10-12, 9:53 AM #2
gbk did it
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-10-12, 1:11 PM #3
Three people died violent deaths two days ago, all within walking distance of my house.

Stop whining :p
2005-10-12, 1:48 PM #4
I knew Massassi had murderers.
2005-10-12, 2:20 PM #5
No one said they were raped, calm down. GBK couldn't have done it.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-12, 2:22 PM #6
Originally posted by JediKirby:

:D Good point. It was you, wasn't it?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-10-12, 2:23 PM #7
I don't remember... were they severed at the kneecaps?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-12, 2:25 PM #8

Wow. That's not even something to be kidding about Kirby. Seriously.
D E A T H
2005-10-12, 2:34 PM #9
Honestly, two people were burned (probably murdered) and all you guys can do is make jokes? I don't think it's a time to make jokes in a thread like this.

If I were to start making jokes in a thread dedicated to the death of MaDa I know for a fact I'd be banned without question.

Have some ****ing respect.
2005-10-12, 2:37 PM #10
No.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-12, 2:45 PM #11
Originally posted by Temperamental:
If I were to start making jokes in a thread dedicated to the death of MaDa I know for a fact I'd be banned without question.

Because we all know MaDa. People die every day. I wouldn't expect someone who knew mada to understand why his joke about a dead person he heard about wasn't funny.

Put it this way, if I knew those people and I made a joke, I'd be a horrible person. The intent would be entirelly different. Because I don't know them, my intentions AREN'T to dishonor them in any way. Knowing them would show I was just trying to be offensive.

Whatever.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-12, 2:51 PM #12
ur silly
2005-10-12, 2:53 PM #13
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Honestly, two people were burned (probably murdered) and all you guys can do is make jokes? I don't think it's a time to make jokes in a thread like this.

Have some ****ing respect.

This is about the first time I've ever agreed with Temp, but he couldn't be more right. People have died here. It matters to some people.
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2005-10-12, 2:55 PM #14
Are the people who it matters to here? Are the jokes not made in good humor? Is this argument stupid?

Oh wait, the last wasn't meant to be a question.
2005-10-12, 3:01 PM #15

No, GBK would never rape someone. He's just a very, very creepy stalker.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-10-12, 3:09 PM #16
You say that, but you don't know. You just don't know man. *can't sit down since last week* :gbk:
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-12, 3:13 PM #17
Gbk's thread was fine until some idiots started being abusive.

Anyway, back on topic, thats rather creepy, I dont know of any murders happening near me.

Apart from the time I travelled through London just as the terrorist bombs went off :S
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-10-12, 3:26 PM #18
Quote:
Because we all know MaDa. People die every day. I wouldn't expect someone who knew mada to understand why his joke about a dead person he heard about wasn't funny.

Put it this way, if I knew those people and I made a joke, I'd be a horrible person. The intent would be entirelly different. Because I don't know them, my intentions AREN'T to dishonor them in any way. Knowing them would show I was just trying to be offensive.

Whatever.

JediKirby

People die everyday, yes. NATURALLY. Murder is no more acceptable or better to ignore just because you don't know the person.

If some girl was raped on the street in front of you, are you more apt to step in if you know them, or if you don't know them, or the same?

I'd be the same for both cases. I dunno about you, but for some reason, I don't see people dying in this way different in any way, shape, or form, just because I didn't know them.
2005-10-12, 3:32 PM #19
I agree. The difference is that your statements about them have different intentions depending on if you know them or not.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-12, 3:34 PM #20
To put it quite simply, if you can't find humor in the face of seriousness--but NOT at the cost of losing respectful decency--I pity you.

Anyway, the main point of this thread was to show the scarily close proximity of murders to a Massassian. It wasn't to mourn the victims. If there is a time to kid around, this is it.

That said, what JediKirby said was pretty mean.
2005-10-12, 3:55 PM #21
Some people tell jokes in deal with stuff. The fact that nobody has any connection other than "a block from my house" just makes it easier.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-12, 4:09 PM #22
This thread went to hell. Wow.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-12, 4:14 PM #23
Originally posted by Emon:

Brian! NOOOOOOOO!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-10-12, 4:17 PM #24
And in other news, 18,000+ people got killed in a random Asian earthquake.
幻術
2005-10-12, 4:19 PM #25
Why the **** are you guys joking about this?
2005-10-12, 4:21 PM #26
Originally posted by Koobie:
And in other news, 18,000+ people got killed in a random Asian earthquake.

Haha, Who cares about those people. People in New Orleans are a greater concern!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-12, 4:22 PM #27
"Hey Sam, either termites are burrowing into my skull, or one of us is ticking!"
"Hmm... Where shall I put it where it can't injure anyone we know or care about?"
"Out the window... There's no-one but strangers out there!"
BOOM!
"I hope there was nobody on that school bus!"
"Nobody we know or care about, at least."
幻術
2005-10-12, 7:15 PM #28
I don't think any of you know what you're talking about.......
It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it. - Robert E. Lee
2005-10-12, 9:05 PM #29
What the **** is wrong with you guys? No wonder gbk hardly posts here anymore.
2005-10-12, 9:10 PM #30
Originally posted by Shintock:
What the **** is wrong with you guys? No wonder gbk hardly posts here anymore.

My thoughts exactly.
D E A T H
2005-10-12, 9:22 PM #31
The fact people are making such a ****ingly big deal out of it is the worst part.
2005-10-12, 9:24 PM #32
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]My thoughts exactly.[/QUOTE]

Ditto
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-10-12, 9:26 PM #33
Originally posted by Emon:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :p
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-10-12, 11:44 PM #34
I'm of the mindset that it is quite bad taste to joke/make fun of this incident. Please cease an decist with those. They give bad connotation to this place.

Kirby: You need to stop making jokes about rape. That is a serious crime (as that one thread proved). You are going to land yourself in some real crap. One of these days, you're gonna piss someone off big time.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-10-13, 4:53 AM #35
Amen Gandalf!
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-10-13, 2:08 PM #36
Yeah Kirby, you don't want to be like me :cool:
2005-10-13, 2:21 PM #37
Well, I'm sorry. It's not like I intended anything harsh as many of you took it. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't think you people could take a joke. Now that I know you obviously can't, I wont.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-13, 2:23 PM #38
No Kirby, admit you were wrong for once. Don't try and act all smartsy about it like you do with other things. You went over the line. Rape jokes aren't funny.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-13, 2:25 PM #39
And I said I was sorry, I'm not going to take moral blame if I don't feel morally wrongful. Your morals differ from mine. To say I'm wrong makes you look like the arrogant one. If me accepting that people don't exactly agree with me and with holding those jokes from now on isn't enough for you, than you're barking up the wrong tree. I won't submit to your almighty moral superiority.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-13, 2:44 PM #40
What are you talking about?! Your above post is filled with sarcasm. It hardly seems like you're sorry at all. See what I mean? You feel like you have to defend yourself with a paragraph of intelligent remarks and wit. It works sometimes but other times, you just have to get that last bit of sarcasm in there, or that last comment. If you just said "Sorry I made a rape joke" instead of the sarcastic "Well now that I know you guys obviously cant take jokes." there wouldn't be an issue.
Think while it's still legal.

↑ Up to the top!