Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Define a fool...
Define a fool...
2005-10-13, 1:18 PM #1
Yes, this is fairly similar to a weblog posting; however, I am also asking for opinions and help with this particular situation. I know that people will agree with my opinion that I am an idiot and a fool, but that kind of thing really doesn't help me. Sadly, it is the truth.

First, some backstory.

Two months ago, my girlfriend at the time, Lisa, was forced to break up with me by her parents over something that happened into which I will not go. However, suffice to say that neither her nor I wanted this. Even with her being eighteen, her parents did everything in their power to prevent us from even speaking to each other. I was avowed to try, however, because I loved her greatly. Then came the time when she was entirely unable to speak to me in any way, shape, or form for three weeks. In this three weeks was my birthday. I never got a happy birthday from her; no card, nothing. There was nothing. After this, my feelings truely began to fade -- they had been slowly dissipating beforehand, but once this happened, they quickly disappeared. Though it had been coming for a while, last night I permanently removed any chance of us ever getting back together.

But over the past while, I have found myself rapidly falling for someone else. First off -- I don't really know if this would be a rebound; I've had a lot of girlfriends before, and this doesn't really feel like that. However, I don't know. Second, she happens to live quite a nice distance away from me -- eight to eighteen hours. She is perhaps the most amazing person I have ever met, online or in the real world. She has an awesome sense of humour, she is really caring, she is nice, she is fun; in essence, she is beautiful inside and out -- and I've never even met her in the real world. I know she is as she represents, and not some lying scumbag forty-year-old guy, because I have spoken to her on the phone and I know others who know her well. Some here, actually. There really isn't any hope for this, and yet, I still have feelings for her -- and I think that she has them for me, although she keeps them in check. I've never been terribly good at that. Were we closer, I would most definately ask her out. Theoretically, I should meet her in January -- hopefully. But I really just don't know what to do about the whole situation. Any useful help anyone can offer me?

Thanks.
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2005-10-13, 1:26 PM #2
Do not hold out any hope. If something does happen, good. But don't put your entire life on hold for a girl you can't even meet.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-10-13, 1:36 PM #3
That's creepy.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-10-13, 1:39 PM #4
Oh bugger off. :p

She has already told me repeatedly that she doesn't find it creepy. Honestly, I thought I was pretty creepy myself, but she has convinced me otherwise.
2005-10-13, 1:43 PM #5
Drink some poison on accident, and then your ex will find you dead and kill herself.

>.>

<.<

Ok, maybe not.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-13, 1:57 PM #6
Ok, what did you do? Why were Lisa's parents mad at you?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-10-13, 2:00 PM #7
^ A fool
2005-10-13, 2:02 PM #8
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Ok, what did you do? Why were Lisa's parents mad at you?

Did you not read his post?

Originally posted by LordVirus:
Two months ago, my girlfriend at the time, Lisa, was forced to break up with me by her parents over something that happened into which I will not go.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-13, 2:08 PM #9
What did I do? I stopped respecting them after they refused to help me with a suprisingly simple situation (they told me to just walk the six hours home, instead of giving me a ride or a place to stay, when I had no other options for one.), so...

I told them to go **** themselves.

After that, they staged an intervention for me with their Pastor, wherein they made me feel like crap for ever dating Lisa. I didn't like that so much. Then, a week later, I went to visit, we had a conversation, they called me a liar and a manipulator (even though I never lied, and everyone else thinks that they were the manipulators), and just seriously pissed me off. I told them to **** off. They told me never to speak to her again.

Yeah.
2005-10-13, 2:14 PM #10
LV, your actions were justified in my opinion. I really don't know what to tell you though, so I'll let the rest of Massassi do that.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-13, 2:37 PM #11
Originally posted by Rob:
^ A fool

Exactly what I was going to post if this thread was asking what a real fool was.

Anyway, Lisa's parents need a nine iron to the face.

And internet chicks are scary business. I wouldn't touch that, as you REALLY don't know who she is, no matter how well you know her online and the phone.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-13, 2:42 PM #12
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]Do not hold out any hope. If something does happen, good. But don't put your entire life on hold for a girl you can't even meet.[/QUOTE]

Seconded
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!