Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Disturbed at Astoria!
Disturbed at Astoria!
2005-10-13, 4:44 PM #1
Woo! Just came back from my first gig I've ever been to, just seen Disturbed playing at Astoria London- and it absolutely rocked, i've never had so much fun in my life you can practically push people around and act like a maniac and get away with it :)

See crappy attched mobile phone pictures :D

What was your first gig like?
Attachment: 7751/Disturbed4.jpg (55,337 bytes)
Attachment: 7752/Disturbed3.jpg (91,137 bytes)
Visit: Alcopedia.net the Alcoholic Encyclopedia

The user formerly known as EL3CTRO.
2005-10-13, 4:46 PM #2
I went to my first concert this summer, which was also Disturbed, they're ****in wild in person aren't they? Hehehe, so intense. I'm not really one to mashpit, I'm more of a headbanger.
2005-10-13, 4:50 PM #3
Morpheus and I went to see many bands, including Apocalyptica and Sonata Arctica at this years "Ilosaari Rock" festival.

Twas my first gig.

The festival, combined with spending 9 days with a close friend in a beautiful country with hot women, was the best time of my life.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-10-13, 5:02 PM #4
My first was my favorite band, incubus. It rocked hardcore.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-13, 5:13 PM #5
Disturbed was on the bill at the first concert I ever went to, along with Godsmack and Stone Temple Pilots, as well. It was a great show.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-13, 5:16 PM #6
Meat Beat Manifesto at the GAMH in San Francisco. It was wicked sick hardcore awesome. They had great video they were editing live in sync with the music, it was fun and crazy cool.

[http://www.digitalnimbus.com/oneadmin/_files/photogallery/lynn_farmer.jpg]
2005-10-13, 7:29 PM #7
First gig I went to was the Big Day Out quite a few years ago. It was good and bad, good because The Living End, Powderfinger, and Ash rocked, but bad because it was full of Korn and Marilyn Manson loving weirdos.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-13, 10:09 PM #8
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/d3cb51d3.jpg]

Quite nice, except for the rain

:)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-14, 5:02 AM #9
My first concert was a free Less Than Jake concert in the middle of the day in a huge Boston public park. It was sooooo awesome. My most recent was Flogging Molly, Goldfinger, and The Vandals. Also freaking awesome, but it was seated which is not very much fun.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-10-14, 5:49 AM #10
can't remember my first gig, used to go to loads when I was younger (once you pass the bouncers on the door, the bar won't ID you! :p). saw alot of Rachel Stamp, who I doubt anyone will have heard of. I saw them supporting Cheap Trick at the Astoria once, we got in to the after party, there were huge black dustbins full of ice and cans of beer for the taking, much fun! Also saw Less Than Jake at the Astoria - ended up on stage, apparently made a brief appearance on MTV, though I never saw it.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-10-14, 6:04 AM #11
Originally posted by maevie:
Rachel Stamp, who I doubt anyone will have heard of.

You doubt wrong.
2005-10-14, 6:44 AM #12
when disturbed and kitty came to ottawa the line up was almost a kilometre long for a venue that held a couple thousand people.
i've been to about 100 concerts. i've seen about 200 bands. nothing beats live music.
2005-10-14, 8:27 AM #13
First gig was probably Notkea Rotta (Limber Rat) at the (now defunct) Stella Star Club in Helsinki. Notkea Rotta is my (half-)brother's cousin, he invited me along, we were on "the list" so we got in free of charge. 'Twas fun. Not really a fan of the genre, but it's all tongue-in-cheek and played for laughs anyhow. Plus, what's not to like about a guy in a hoodie running around the stage with a plastic carnival rat nose and a huge jock-strap?

Best event that I've been to was the Roskilde Rock festival in Denmark in 2004. Iggy Pop, Muse, Franz Ferdinand, Fiery Furnaces, TV on the Radio, Ben Harper, Luke Vibert, DJ Krush, Jamie Lindell, Basement Jaxx, Lali Puna, Sigur Ros, Gnawa Diffusion, Baba Zula, Fatboy Slim etc.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-10-14, 8:51 AM #14
Am I down with the sickness?

No.
2005-10-14, 11:14 AM #15
i used to want to be a rock band photographer, until i realized that all rock show pictures look exactly the same, except with different people in them.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-10-14, 11:18 AM #16
you should come with me to a show as a Rock band photographer so I can get back stage >.>

Plus, then I can use your cameras or something.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-10-14, 12:12 PM #17
System of a Down was my first concert.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-14, 1:08 PM #18
I went to Nine Inch Nails on Tuesday... it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen/heard in my entire life.
2005-10-14, 1:46 PM #19
My first one was Rammstein. Was FREAKING AWESOME.
幻術
2005-10-14, 5:28 PM #20
My first was Alter Bridge last May. It was surprisingly underwhelming.
You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow.

↑ Up to the top!