Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Which advertisment on TV just drives you bonkers?
Which advertisment on TV just drives you bonkers?
2005-10-13, 11:34 PM #1
For me, its that damn GoToMyPC.com advertisment they show on FOX news channel. Its ANNOYING because that stupid guys gives you like 5-6 examples and says the same damn pitch between the examples one too many times. You'd think that most people would get the point after the second example! Everytime that commercial pops up on the screen, I immediately change the channel. I could just mute it too but I even hate just LOOKING at the guy. ARG! :mad:

Anyway, is there a commercial you've seen recently or just remember that you just can't stand watching?
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-10-13, 11:51 PM #2
This may sound aristocratic or elitist or just plain mean, but that stuttering blue collar testimonial guy in the Bar None insurance ad drives me nuts. His stuttering and randomly high pitched voice has this bizarre rhythm that sucks me in and hurts my mind.

And he's so earnest. If he's an actor and not a real testimonial then they did a good job, because this guy is just.. realistic in a way that makes me uneasy.
2005-10-14, 12:47 AM #3
Did you know AOL is working on new ways to... *drift into subconcious state... "to *** rape you and your credit card all day long"?... whoa... back to reality.* - Call now!
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-14, 7:41 AM #4
There's this radio ad on for McDonalds chili quarter pounder on at the moment, the ad itself isnt more anoying than any other radio ad but it's just that they play it two or three times every freaking ad break!!! I listen to a 1 hour radio show (Tough Love on TripleM for the Aussies) pretty much every day, swear I've heard that ad a good 100-200 times over the past few weeks.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-14, 8:24 AM #5
- All Geiko and Jack-in-the-Box ads....they've been using the same characters/themes for years, and it's annoying as hell

- Jamster ads....thank God I've only seen it once.

_ The six dozen Bryman/Ashmean college commercials where one horrible actress suggests to another that getting a medical assisting degree "in just x months!" is a great alternative to a crappy current job.

- ITT Tech commercials: they all have the same script, but with a different person reading it. "I graduated at the top of my class, and my parents couldn't be prouder!"

- Commercials that are extremely short because the company obviously didn't have much of an advertising budget, which they make up for by loudly and rapidly reciting their 1-800 number, three times back-to-back. "That's 1-800-123-4567, again 1-800-123-4567, once more, 1-800-123-4567! Call NOW!"

ehh...i'm sure i'll think of more once I get back from my o-chem exam...
Pyro Universe The ultimate fireworks site!
2005-10-14, 8:32 AM #6
That ING Direct ad where the chick walks around to different banks and is like "OMG hidden fees! I can't believe it!" in a horribly annoying voice.

Also, any and all advertisements for Bowflex: especially the one where the woman is in a bikini, and you're like "hey she's pretty hot" and then she's like "I'm 50 years old" and then you're just like OH GOD THAT RUINED MY SEX DRIVE FOREVER.

Also, commercials that pretend to be about something else. Like that car commercial where the first three quarters of it is this "cool" guy walking through a highschool. W.T.F. JUST TELL US WHAT DAMNED PRODUCT YOU'RE TRYING TO RAM DOWN OUR THROATS.
Stuff
2005-10-14, 8:33 AM #7
Any of the Old Navy commercials. I hate those.
2005-10-14, 8:49 AM #8
Cingular Wireless's "Where you at?" commercials. It couldn't be any more obvious as to what demographic is their target.
2005-10-14, 8:51 AM #9
Originally posted by kyle90:
especially the one where the woman is in a bikini, and you're like "hey she's pretty hot" and then she's like "I'm 50 years old" and then you're just like OH GOD THAT RUINED MY SEX DRIVE FOREVER.

Ditto. There's no way she's 50. NO WAY!

Plus, that blasted dog-puppet on the Bar None stuff. Hate it.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-10-14, 9:13 AM #10
"I'm full!!!!"
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-10-14, 9:16 AM #11
Those buger king ones with the "king" in them

Some thing about that plasic guy creeps me out...
2005-10-14, 9:23 AM #12
I actualy like the Geico commercials. Especially the one where they poke fun at all those exercise machine commercials. <3

I don't watch TV much anymore so commercials don't tend to annoy me. :p

2005-10-14, 10:19 AM #13
E-sure. God, I hate them. Totally and utterly.

That, and all loan companies. And hair adverts with bad synching.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-10-14, 10:21 AM #14
Every ad you get during daytime tv/Abc 1.
nope.
2005-10-14, 10:41 AM #15
There's this comercial for something like or fandango or fan-something. There's all these annoying girls on jet-skis or something, singing this amazingly annoying... thing. I don't think it possible for anything to be any more annoying than that. I want to kill every single person involved with making that commercial. And I’ve only seen about five seconds of it.
2005-10-14, 10:51 AM #16
You mean Fanta? I think its a very cheery, happy ad.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-14, 10:52 AM #17
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
There's this comercial for something like or fandango or fan-something. There's all these annoying girls on jet-skis or something, singing this amazingly annoying... thing. I don't think it possible for anything to be any more annoying than that. I want to kill every single person involved with making that commercial. And I’ve only seen about five seconds of it.

Fanta? With all of the girls dressed in red/orange/yellow/purple 60s-style outfits, chanting "wanta fanta"? Yeah, those suck.

And those e-surance commercials where the cartoon chick insists on getting car insurance before hopping into a getaway car.

And the "can you hear me now? good!" ones....
Pyro Universe The ultimate fireworks site!
2005-10-14, 10:58 AM #18
The twebty minutes of HELL before movies
2005-10-14, 11:03 AM #19
"...With a world of sh!tware that runs on windows."
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-14, 1:28 PM #20
Pretty much every commercial on tv. Except for the occasional Geico commercials, but those can only go for so long before they're just annoying.

The only ad I've really ever liked is the BigAd from Australia, if they put that sort of catchiness and creativity into commercials I wouldn't mind sitting through them so much. Oh, and the Budweiser frogs. Loved them.

Now I mostly just DVR stuff because commercials are getting dumber and dumber I feel my brain just turning to mush within my skull if I even try to sit through such drivel.

Ads that get on my nerves the most though have to be ads that go through a bunch of crap and yet have no relation to what is being sold.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-10-14, 1:33 PM #21
[QUOTE=Grim Zombie]Those buger king ones with the "king" in them

Some thing about that plasic guy creeps me out...[/QUOTE]

I love those commericals. Especially this latest one with the logger cutting down a tree.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-14, 1:53 PM #22
I don't watch TV.

:)
2005-10-14, 1:54 PM #23

http://wheresurgod.ytmnd.com/
2005-10-14, 1:56 PM #24

Same here.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-14, 2:07 PM #25

More dittos. Very un-funny commercials.
2005-10-14, 5:09 PM #26
Any ad that is ridiculously melodramatic or sappy. I just hate those insurance ones or whatever wheres there gentle piano music in the background with a comforting insurance agent speaking softly about how they are there to serve you. "That's all states stand" GO DIE PRESIDENT DAVID PALMER FROM 24! JUST GO DIE.
2005-10-14, 5:22 PM #27
All advertisements suck.
2005-10-14, 8:16 PM #28
I support ads. They pay for the good shows I see on TV.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-14, 8:20 PM #29
Television ads have never convinced me to buy anything.
2005-10-14, 8:24 PM #30
Ringtone ads, college ads, insurance ads (exception is Geico), mortgage commercials, and that fracking "OMFG BAR-NONE! CALL 1-800-BAR-NONE CALL NOW!" comercial can all be nuked and I wouldn't lift a finger to help them.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-14, 9:18 PM #31
Ads aimed towards incredibly stupid people that don't know jack **** about computers.

AGH! DIE!!!! :mad:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2005-10-14, 10:09 PM #32
Hello Moto!

http://antimult.ru/antimults/antibrand/003epizod/antimult-epizod003.swf
幻術
2005-10-14, 10:12 PM #33
Ehhh I don't have cable TV...
MastaX
2005-10-14, 10:14 PM #34
I don't think it's the burger king's appearance that's unsettling so much as that he appears unexpectedly and doesn't move... once he appears he just stands there for a few awkward seconds until he produces something edible out of nowhere. I'm always surprised the people he comes to don't run away screaming.
2005-10-14, 10:18 PM #35
Originally posted by Masq:
I don't think it's the burger king's appearance that's unsettling so much as that he appears unexpectedly and doesn't move... once he appears he just stands there for a few awkward seconds until he produces something edible out of nowhere. I'm always surprised the people he comes to don't run away screaming.

Or start shooting. :eek:
MastaX
2005-10-15, 8:16 AM #36
Originally posted by MastaX:
Or start shooting. :eek:

Especially the 1st one, where the voyeristic king is watching the guy through the window.

*blam*
2005-10-15, 9:28 AM #37

The King makes me think Katamari >.<

Monday night Football commercials, ugh
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-15, 9:37 AM #38
That right guard extreme deoderant commercial, where the lip syncing is so bad I want to claw my eyes out.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-10-15, 10:55 AM #39

I think the unsettling thing is that in one of the commercials, he's standing in the garden peering through someone's window. I'm glad he got hit with a newspaper.

For me, the one TV commercial I TRULY hate is the one on the TV Guide channel for "Rev" weight loss pills or something. It shows you the guy:

"Here's _____ before using Rev!"

*pic*

"Here's _____ AFTER using Rev!"

*totally photoshopped pic where they have taken poor _____'s head and stuck it onto a muscular body*

It makes me angry that these companies assume that losing weight also means building muscle mass.

The one commercial I truly love to watch is the infomercial for the Magic Bullet. :)

On radio, I enjoy two commercials: The Harvey's one for toasted sandwiches. Hearing that toasted bun crunching reeeali makes my mouth water.

The other radio commercial I like is the beer one where the guy speaks like an announcer:

"I'm opening the door! I'm walking out! I'M FLAGGING DOWN A CAB! I'M GETTING IN! WE'RE DRIVING AWAY! WE'RE GOING TO THE BEER STOOOOOORRRRRE!"

Classic.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-10-15, 11:18 AM #40
Yeah the commercial for those weight loss supliments are pretty bad. "Results not typical" and "when used as part of an approved diet and exercise plan" always appear in small print a tthe bottom of the screen, which leads me to believe that the pills really didn't have much to do with anyhting.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!