Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My car got broken into
My car got broken into
2005-10-14, 7:33 AM #1
..But they didnt take or break anything! They just left the doors unlocked and driver door ajar. Does that make me extremely freaking lucky or what?

I had the Club Lock on so they were never going to steal the car, but they could have taken the $200 stereo, $100 sunnies, $400 mp3 player, or the $1 packet of Mentos. Thankfully, they didnt take anything.

The only thing moved was the face for the stereo which I keep under the driver's seat, it was on the floor near the accelerator. My friend said maybe they saw it was JVC so thew it back.

At any rate I feel exceptionaly lucky.

Any one else been broken into?
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-14, 7:36 AM #2
Wow you are lucky... don't leave that much stuff in the car like that... my question is though who in their right mind breaks into a car and doesn't take anything... I mean that's like ordering a Big Mac and a diet coke... if you're already going to commit the crime you might as well go all out.
2005-10-14, 8:02 AM #3
The club is such a useless device.

If someone wants to steal your car for stripping, they're easily bypassed.
2005-10-14, 9:27 AM #4
...by cutting the steering wheel.

They probably WERE going to take things but got scared off somehow. Maybe a neighbor came home and saw them or something. Now they know what's in your car though, you might want to take the expensive stuff with you next time.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-10-14, 10:03 AM #5
A good pair of aviation snips or steel shears can cut through a steering wheel like a pair of safety scissors through red construction paper.
2005-10-14, 10:13 AM #6
I think of the Club Lock as more of a deterance than a preventative measure. If a theif sees 2 cars relatively the same parked next to each other but one with a lock and one without, which is he more likely to drive away in? My guess would be not the one which will require more time and pair of industrial shears to steal.

As for the expensive stuff in my car, well the sunnies (everyone needs driving sunnies), stereo (obviously), and Mentos live there, but the mp3 player was only there because we were at the pub after work. Usually the player is either on my desk at work or on my desk at home. Trust me, that will be the last time it is in my car without me.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-14, 10:15 AM #7
Trust me, they only deter joy-riders.
2005-10-14, 11:19 AM #8
Originally posted by Crimson:
...by cutting the steering wheel.

A 1-2 ft section of pipe can be used to snap off the prongs that attatch the clubthe the sterring wheel too.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-14, 11:25 AM #9
Someone broke into my mother's '76 Jeep CJ-5. They had to slash the soft-top windows because they couldn't get it unlocked. :rolleyes:

All they did was try to take the expensive stereo... but all that they could do was crack the screen a little. Even with a complete toolkit sitting right by the seat.
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-14, 11:51 AM #10
Originally posted by Jon`C:
...like a pair of safety scissors through red construction paper.

...so, not good at all? Cuz...I mean...damn. Those kinds of scissors suck.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-14, 12:06 PM #11
seeing people use the club is just funny though. I always pictured it was, like, 40 year old bald guys with a vaguely mincing look about them.
2005-10-14, 12:13 PM #12
That's odd that they didn't take anything.

My mother once had her car broken into and all they took was like 23 cents in pennies from dashboard. Broke the window with a rock to get in too, they must have been desparate. :(

I'm always paranoid that someone is going to mess with my bike, like steal the seat or something, but the most they've ever done was steal the little cap things off the tires (where you inflate them) and let all the air out. As I was parked at school, it was probably just some young hooligan.

[edit] not to derail, but what do people do with bike parts after they steal them? is there really a big market for seats and don't you look like an *** trying to sell one? [/edit]
2005-10-14, 12:19 PM #13
Someone once tried to break into my house, but they couldn't get through my back door because it's made of freaking metal. All they did was dent up the door real good and leave a lot footprints and fingerprints. I don't think they noticed the unlocked screendoor, the wooden back and front doors or even the open windows....They got arrested about a week later :p
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-14, 12:31 PM #14
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Someone once tried to break into my house, but they couldn't get through my back door because it's made of freaking metal. All they did was dent up the door real good and leave a lot footprints and fingerprints. I don't think they noticed the unlocked screendoor, the wooden back and front doors or even the open windows....They got arrested about a week later :p[/QUOTE]
Maybe they were from the door company...making sure the door worked ok...
2005-10-14, 2:18 PM #15
We have a back door leading into the laundry room, once I noticed that it had been partially kicked in, but all the crap piled in front of it apparently foiled the plot.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-10-14, 2:25 PM #16
You should start carrying a gun. That way if you ever find your car has been broken into, at least you have a gun.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-10-14, 2:28 PM #17
Yeah... and some bullets might help the cause more unless you're just going to beat him with the handle of the gun or something...
2005-10-14, 2:43 PM #18
You got lucky. Not exactly common for a car to get broken into and nothing stolen.
2005-10-14, 5:35 PM #19
Yeah I got extremely lucky :D

And I'll keep using the club lock, if even only for a small peice of mind. I still say that a car with a lock is less likely to get stolen than a similar car next to it without a lock.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-14, 5:42 PM #20
Originally posted by Rob:
The club is such a useless device.

If someone wants to steal your car for stripping, they're easily bypassed.

The club is the single most effective car theft detterent there is. Sure it can be bypassed but it's too difficult for the average car thief to bother with. It just doesn't happen very often.
2005-10-14, 5:44 PM #21
Indeed. And not all car theives are bright. Breaking a window is easy (I guess), but the club would be trivial to some.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-14, 8:19 PM #22
I suggest you get a black light and scan the back seats.
2005-10-14, 8:31 PM #23
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]The club is the single most effective car theft detterent there is. Sure it can be bypassed but it's too difficult for the average car thief to bother with. It just doesn't happen very often.[/QUOTE]

Thats good advertising and infomercials for you..

COMPLETELY WRONG.

I've known alot, and I mean ALOT of people that steal cars. Something I nearly got seriously involved in. As far as stripping cars goes, the club doesn't deter at all, because its not that hard to bypass, and can be done in a matter of SECONDS.
2005-10-14, 9:55 PM #24
Originally posted by Rob:
Thats good advertising and infomercials for you..

COMPLETELY WRONG.

I've known alot, and I mean ALOT of people that steal cars. Something I nearly got seriously involved in. As far as stripping cars goes, the club doesn't deter at all, because its not that hard to bypass, and can be done in a matter of SECONDS.

just liek ur mom
Moo.
2005-10-14, 10:04 PM #25
Someone broke into my Lincoln LS the other day, they forced the rear passenger window down. They didn't take anything but did leave a dirty rag in the back seat. I had just conditioned the leather too. :mad:
MastaX

↑ Up to the top!