Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I have BDD
I have BDD
2005-10-14, 8:52 AM #1
http://www.bddcentral.com

Thanks to a certain drug combination I've managed to get two roughly 2-hour episodes of perceiving myself how others perceive me. Now I see myself as very very ugly in all ways, my body my face everything. But I now understand that it's not real. And I've started talking to girls, and guess what, instant interest from them. When I saw myself the way I am, I did look good.

It's really weird when you realize this, you look at yourself, you tell yourself you look good even though you see different with your own eyes.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-10-14, 8:57 AM #2
Wow that is trippy, I have never heard of that. I'm glad you're starting to get a handle on it, though.
2005-10-14, 9:00 AM #3
Yeah.

This usually starts in adolescence; I'm 21.
2005-10-14, 9:03 AM #4
One exception to the I looked good part...I'm skinny, but I didn't realize that because now I see myself fat again. :p

No, it's not anorexia nervosa, with that you only see yourself fat and not all these other problems in perception.
2005-10-14, 9:06 AM #5
I'll post my picture if I can find my damn digicam...or its USB cable...

And if you then tell me I'm ugly you suck and I won't believe you because everyone outside the internet says different. :p
2005-10-14, 9:12 AM #6
I don't get people who think they are fat - it's very easy to prove or disprove that. Get on a scale and compare your weight and height to the average.
2005-10-14, 9:14 AM #7
Hmm... I know how you feel; I also think of myself as ugly. Except in my case it's because it's true.
Stuff
2005-10-14, 9:16 AM #8
WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL IN OUR OWN SPECIAL WAYS.

Even ugly people.

2005-10-14, 10:02 AM #9
You're saying you think you're ugly because of some disease?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-14, 10:50 AM #10
You should see what burn victims go through. :(
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-14, 10:51 AM #11
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
You're saying you think you're ugly because of some disease?

Yes.

I don't see myself right. When I look at myself, it's very different to how it really is. And I mean REALLY screwed up, everything is distorted and crap.
2005-10-14, 10:54 AM #12
I don't get it.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-14, 10:58 AM #13
How does this relates to your hypochondria?
Just more labels.
:master::master::master:
2005-10-14, 10:59 AM #14
Hypochondria is a part of BDD.

I linked you people...sheesh. :p
2005-10-14, 11:05 AM #15
I still don't get it. The site just confuses me more.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-14, 11:06 AM #16
I wouldn't call it just a label, it's some kind of fault in the operation of neurons.
2005-10-14, 11:09 AM #17
Think anorexia, only way more extreme, affecting everything about how you perceive yourself.

When I look at myself, in the mirror or just tilt my head down, I see that I'm hideous in all ways. I see this with my very own eyes. But no one else sees it in me.
2005-10-14, 11:11 AM #18
Well, now that it has been diagnosed, hopefully things may get to better condition.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-14, 11:12 AM #19
Think labels, caused by a medical-diagnostic model of psychopathology, that the Western world seems to take hook, line and sinker as if it were fact.
2005-10-14, 1:46 PM #20
****, I saw this in class. This is featured in DSM-IV right? Very interesting. Great to hear about the girls - life has been good for me since I came to the realization you had just now, and I'll bet it will be for you too.
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-10-14, 4:37 PM #21
OMG. Maybe I have this too. Everytime I look down I look..not so skinny, but not fat, and I think I'm ugly. Oh, wait..that girl just called me ugly..nevermind.

That's weird. It only affects the way you perceive yourself and not others? Odd.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-14, 4:43 PM #22
Originally posted by stat:
Think labels, caused by a medical-diagnostic model of psychopathology, that the Western world seems to take hook, line and sinker as if it were fact.

You know, my grandmother was part Cherokee.
2005-10-14, 7:31 PM #23
so, this drug, it fights emo-isttic tendancies?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-14, 10:14 PM #24
haha

You guys crack me up sometimes.
2005-10-14, 10:18 PM #25
I hate how in our society we're so quick to jump to conclusions and call things "diseases" when they're not.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-14, 10:49 PM #26
Me too, but if there's actually a fault in your neuron operation, would you say that's just a label?

I had peaks in my EEG, by the way.
2005-10-14, 10:52 PM #27
Everyone has something wrong with them now-a-days. :rolleyes:

I miss the days when you could slap some one in the face and yell "Damnit man! Get a hold of yourself!"
MastaX
2005-10-14, 10:55 PM #28
Originally posted by MastaX:
Everyone has something wrong with them now-a-days. :rolleyes:

I miss the days when you could slap some one in the face and yell "Damnit man! Get a hold of yourself!"

Aye.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-14, 10:58 PM #29
General Patton did that numerous times to shell-shocked soldiers in WW2. People didn't even like it then. ;)
2005-10-14, 11:03 PM #30
Originally posted by Freelancer:
General Patton did that numerous times to shell-shocked soldiers in WW2. People didn't even like it then. ;)

Patton slapped one solider IIRC and it was out of line.
MastaX
2005-10-15, 5:22 AM #31
Kroko, I hope you don't think I'm out of line here, but I just have to say something to these guys.

Have a ****ing heart.

I figure there are alot of you here who don't know all the crap that Kroko's been through, but the fact is, he does have reason to consider himself unwell, both how he feels emotionally and physically and also through medical testing. The news that this is treatable is fantastic and you all need to learn to be a bit more considerate.

Yes, the internet is full of whiney hypochondriacs (myself included, sometimes), but if you took five minutes to actually talk to Kroko, you'd know that he has had a really hard time of it and all he's trying to do is let you guys know how he's getting on and maybe get a bit of support.

Now that that rant's over - Krok, I'm really pleased for you and I hope it keeps getting better. I'm sorry I didn't text more, but I just can't afford it, email me if you want to have a proper chat (I can't access massassi from work but I can get to my maevie@gmail account)
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-10-15, 8:02 AM #32
Thank you, Maeve. :)

The rest of you, don't worry though, I know I haven't told things in-depth here.
2005-10-15, 9:02 AM #33
So, is it "negative BDD" when ugly people think they're attractive?
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-10-15, 9:06 AM #34
Originally posted by DogSRoOL:

Finally, a name for my condition.
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-10-15, 11:14 AM #35
Personally I think I'm damn fine.
2005-10-15, 11:17 AM #36
Originally posted by Brian:
I don't get people who think they are fat - it's very easy to prove or disprove that. Get on a scale and compare your weight and height to the average.

Sigh.. :) I love how science and logic can prove and disprove so much.

Originally posted by DogSRoOL:

Ever seen Jerry Springer? o_O
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-10-15, 2:05 PM #37
Originally posted by Krokodile:
Me too, but if there's actually a fault in your neuron operation, would you say that's just a label?

Are you sure about this?
2005-10-15, 2:19 PM #38
That site is very interesting. Especially on the forum, from the little i read, everyone seems so genuinely caring and concerned about how fellow sufferers are getting on...

Kroko, glad to hear things are better, good luck.
/fluffle
2005-10-15, 2:36 PM #39
Originally posted by Matterialize:
Ever seen Jerry Springer? o_O

Good point. We'll call it "Springer Syndrome."
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-10-16, 6:19 AM #40
Originally posted by stat:
Are you sure about this?

I googled this condition and I remember reading that somewhere, but, umm...no.

Originally posted by Sats:
That site is very interesting. Especially on the forum, from the little i read, everyone seems so genuinely caring and concerned about how fellow sufferers are getting on...

Kroko, glad to hear things are better, good luck.

Thanks. By the way, the people at the nomorepanic.co.uk forums are like that too.

↑ Up to the top!