Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → There must be something wrong with me
There must be something wrong with me
2005-10-14, 5:51 PM #1
I just ate a Double Whopper with cheese extra value meal (king size) and I barely feel like I've eaten anything.

There was a time, not more than 2 years ago (I am 22, so no growing has happened since then) when that meal would have me absolutely stuffed. Like Thanksgiving style, totally full, ready for a nap stuffed.

I also checked the scale, and I've not gained a pound in those 2 years.... 214 then, and 214 now. What in the world is going on?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-10-14, 5:55 PM #2
Your dead.
2005-10-14, 5:56 PM #3
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Your dead.[/QUOTE]

OMG why didnt I think of that? But wait, do dead people have mass? :confused:
2005-10-14, 5:56 PM #4
Sometimes food just doesn't fill ya up.

Just last week I ate a whole cantelope, a huge bowl of pasta, 5 large chicken fingers, two kiwis, two bowls of cereal, and a bunch of other random stuff, and was STILL hungry after.

And some times I can go a week with only eating a couple small meals a day.
My point is - It's normal :p :p

Or we are both screwed.
2005-10-14, 5:57 PM #5
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Your dead.[/QUOTE]ONO, UR JOKING BOUT DEATH
2005-10-14, 5:57 PM #6
How unhealthy!

But this is a classic example that most Europeans eat generally less than what Americans do.

A small coke here is a large in France, for example.
2005-10-14, 5:58 PM #7
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]Sometimes food just doesn't fill ya up.

Just last week I ate a whole cantelope, a huge bowl of pasta, 5 large chicken fingers, two kiwis, two bowls of cereal, and a bunch of other random stuff, and was STILL hungry after.

And some times I can go a week with only eating a couple small meals a day.
My point is - It's normal :p :p

Or we are both screwed.[/QUOTE]

Just last week eh? Thats actually not a large amount of food for a whole week. I'm talking about immediately after the meal here. ;)
2005-10-14, 5:59 PM #8
Originally posted by Anovis:
How unhealthy!

But this is a classic example that most Europeans eat generally less than what Americans do.

A small coke here is a large in France, for example.

Wasnt Burger King founded in England?
2005-10-14, 6:01 PM #9
That happens to me sometimes too. Or, similarly, I'll eat a lot then be hungry a few hours later.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-14, 6:01 PM #10
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Wasnt Burger King founded in England?

Just because it has the title "King" doesn't mean it's English. >.>

It originated in Florida, I believe.

[edit:] Wikipedie'd:
Quote:
Burger King's first restaurant—originally called Insta Burger King—was opened in 1954 in Miami, Florida, USA by James McLamore and David Edgerton...

However, I would like to take this time to say that Burger King rates the lowest health-wise in popular fast food-chain resturants.
2005-10-14, 6:07 PM #11
Just because it has the title "King" doesn't mean it's English. >.>

It originated in Florida, I believe.

[edit:] Wikipedie'd:

However, I would like to take this time to say that Burger King rates the lowest health-wise in popular fast food-chain resturants.

Stupid Jack in the Box commercial said they were an English company :mad:

And that last stat you gave makes me sad, because when I think of healthy, I think of Burger King. :gbk:
2005-10-14, 6:11 PM #12
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Stupid Jack in the Box commercial said they were an English company :mad:

And that last stat you gave makes me sad, because when I think of healthy, I think of Burger King. :gbk:

On the contrary, they only anaylized a single whopper from Burger King compared to a McDonald's Big Mac, and a Wendy's Single.

Wendys came out on top for being the more healthiest. But even so, it's still not healthy. Dietitians recommend going out only once a year max, and even still say that's too much.
2005-10-14, 6:11 PM #13
I meant one day, more specifically, my third meal of the day, dinner.
2005-10-15, 12:26 AM #14
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]... two kiwis...[/QUOTE]

Were they any good?
Attachment: 7800/kiwi.jpg (22,799 bytes)
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-10-15, 1:29 PM #15
Because this lives in your stomach...

[http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4071/parasite7iy.jpg]

:eek:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2005-10-15, 1:35 PM #16
You could have tape worms or something.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-15, 1:37 PM #17
Damn that reminds me of the Stephen King novel "Dreamcatcher" where these alien monster things are living in peoples stomachs in the woods. :eek:
2005-10-15, 1:50 PM #18
Or that other Stephen King novel where the dude just got thinner and thinner no matter how much he ate. Got cursed by a gypsy or something.
Stuff
2005-10-15, 1:58 PM #19
Originally posted by kyle90:
Or that other Stephen King novel where the dude just got thinner and thinner no matter how much he ate. Got cursed by a gypsy or something.

That was a funny movie. The reason why he drove over that old geezer was also a good one...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-10-15, 2:18 PM #20
Originally posted by kyle90:
dude just got thinner and thinner no matter how much he ate.

I wonder what the title is? :rolleyes:
nope.
2005-10-16, 12:11 PM #21
Make sure that your:

1- Eating to slow
2- Doing excesive excersise
3.- What type of metabolism you have.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-10-16, 12:41 PM #22
LOL
2005-10-16, 1:34 PM #23
When I was 17 I could eat 2 "Big Bufords" from Rally's and still be hungry. I only weighed 180 pounds.

Now I weigh 225 pounds, but just one of those Bufords would fill me up. ...not that I would ever eat one, because, you know, Im trying to loose weight... ;)

The difference is that, #1, my stomach has shrunk somewhat since I dont eat *nearly* as much as I used to, and #2, my metabolism was much, much higher back then.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-10-16, 3:38 PM #24
From what I've heard, it takes the brain about 20 minutes to register that you're full. If you eat a meal within 20 minutes and you're still hungry - STOP. Wait out the 20 minutes and see if you're still hungry. The best thing to do when eating though is to stretch out your meal to 20 minutes. If this is indeed true, eating meals too fast can make you a fat *** (unless you are like me who has HIGH metabolism. I only weigh 120 lbs because I'm a scrawny boy)
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-10-16, 5:17 PM #25
Dietitians recommend going out only once a year max, and even still say that's too much.

There is no way going out twice a year will have a noticable effect on your body over going out once a year. That's just a load of crap. Sounds like anti-fast food propaganda.

Also, where's the scientific data about you needing 20 minutes to feel full? When I get hungry, I eat. And when I'm done eating, I don't feel hungry anymore. It's probably an old wives' tale, just like how your hair and fingernails keep growing for two weeks after you die.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-10-16, 6:51 PM #26
Dietitians recommend going out only once a year max, and even still say that's too much.

It's probably nowhere near as bad as they say it is. I eat it once a week and I'm in decent shape.
2005-10-16, 8:24 PM #27
Dieticians can suck my wang.

UNHEALTHY FOOD IS GOOD TASTING.
2005-10-17, 1:34 AM #28
Originally posted by Rob:
Dieticians can suck my wang.

UNHEALTHY FOOD IS GOOD TASTING.

Truer words have never been spoken.....

by Rob.
2005-10-17, 2:08 AM #29
Originally posted by Emon:
Also, where's the scientific data about you needing 20 minutes to feel full? When I get hungry, I eat. And when I'm done eating, I don't feel hungry anymore. It's probably an old wives' tale, just like how your hair and fingernails keep growing for two weeks after you die.

I've read it before. Don't have any links or anyhting though. I can ask one of my Cog Sci major friends about it.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-17, 2:16 AM #30
We had this in school, too (the ~20-minute thing).
But my school sucks so that's not a reliable source...
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!