Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The projects you've never finished...
The projects you've never finished...
2005-10-14, 7:53 PM #1
Alright, here's a list of all the projects I've never got around to:

"Symbol of the Sun" - a comic book, back from 2003. About this Japanese dude who infiltrates an elite Nazi special strike force after ripping off his own face so he'd look unrecognizeable. Set right before the start of WW2. We made a poster, I designed all the characters, my co-writer made about 5-pages worth of script from my writing, the illustrator got down 2 or 3, and then it died.

I was always fascinated with Nazi insignia and Japanese culture, so this was my failed attempt at bringing the two together, I guess.

Here's the poster - inks, no colors. Artist: Noobian Greene.

http://intuitive-ds.com/personal/sos_poster_5_INKED.jpg

The main antagonist's the guy in the mask with a knife in his hand. He's basically this sniper guy. Anyways, was fun 'till it lasted.

Onto the next one;

"Apocrypha"

Now this is interesting. Started out as a comic about this little girl who comes back to life in an alternative-history steam-punk city of London, and then proceeds to kill people. Or something. I've only got the basics of the story down TBH.

Here's the poster - inks, digital post-processing. Artist: Justin Stephenson.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/6698662/

These two are on eternal "on-hold" mode, basically. Now onto more recent stuff.

APHELION is an Interactive Fiction Role-Playing-Game. Dropped it due to lack of time and, well, will to continue modding. But I hope it won't totally die as it's basics are all layed down - all we need is a willing writer. Or a very, very good programmer. Anyways, we'll see what becomes of it.

Another project I can't get myself to finish is mine and Christian Lefebvre's collab work on a black humour piece called "My Sweet Valentine". Language warning, sarcasm warning, SENSIBILITIES OFFENSE warning.

And I posted it as "Zombies WIP" in the Showcase not so long ago I think.

http://www.dhost.info/groundzero/viewtopic.php?t=45

Well, that's the stuff that just comes off the top of my head. I'm not counting all the stuff I'm doing in real-life, and, well, a CRAPLOAD of other projects I've probably started on and never finished.

However, some stuff I *do* get finished. Given enough nicotine, that is.

Talking about which, it's time for a smoke.
幻術
2005-10-14, 7:54 PM #2
Just about every song Thrawn<numbarz> or SAJN have asked me to do.
2005-10-14, 7:56 PM #3
Last night I cancelled my JO House level. It's still there, just waiting for me to come back in a few months or so when I'm not a n00b to finish it. I do, however, have what seems to be a promising project in the works...Watch the Showcase forum for the next few days for it

/end unintentional plug

Oh, and a couple Flash films.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-14, 8:37 PM #4
Never finished, or will never finish? Because, technically, I've finished very little. But, stuff I never will finish... that's a different story...

21 Consecutive Events
Max Payne Mod. You play as a man, divorced from his wife, who every day gets a hit of crack and sits on a bench across the street from his eight year old daughter's school and watches her get on and off the bus.
A real productive member of society, as you see.
One day, after getting his crack and wandering to the bench, there's a driveby. His daughter and wife are killed. So is he.
He wakes up that morning with all the knowledge of the day's events.
The game consits of 21 levels, each one slightly different from the last, as you try to save your wife and daughter and redeem your soul.
I wanted to do it because it seemed more feasable than some of my more outlandish projects, and also seemed deeper. I had this crazy fantasy, I guess, of people being able to use the game to solve their own problems, hence the psychological aspect of the 21 thing (human behavior is altered after 21 consecutive events).
I gave it up when I realized I have no idea how to mod Max Payne, and had no sense of urgency. Oh well.

-Other stuff I'm actually making progress on.
2005-10-14, 9:05 PM #5
But that's an awesome idea for a level, TBH. You should try it at some other game. Seriously.
幻術
2005-10-14, 9:08 PM #6
I know I should.

-I will someday. I guess.
2005-10-14, 9:11 PM #7
Shintock is dumb. lawl.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-14, 9:11 PM #8
OR!

I could take your idea

*yoink
2005-10-14, 9:12 PM #9
I planned to beat every freecell game... I got to about 250, got bored and quit.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-10-14, 9:17 PM #10
Never finished z2 :p
一个大西瓜
2005-10-14, 11:39 PM #11
Oh my word.

Instead of the dozens of JK/MotS SP/MP projects, some Shadow Warrior / Duke 3D TC's / levels, I'll only mention these:

DFM
Dark Forces for MotS... gee, another one of those. I harassed SavageX and AKPiggott with permissions, finished couple o' models myself, even some levels, tried to code some Deus Ex-like system (hahahaha) and had few hundred megs of sounds and music. I think I released one or at least 0 screenshots.

TTOTDOA
The Daikatana of MotS projects, nothing special, released some screenshots (even though Vinny said: "IS THAT SUPPOSED TO LOOK GOOD" immediately) and... got bored. Genki seems to bother me with TODOA now and then, I don't think it's because of the project but because he's mean :/

A
For anonymous. Worked on it with JKDomination. That is when I realized the superiority of brushes and left the damn engine.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-14, 11:43 PM #12
I have about four JK deathmatch levels unfinished on my HD from 2000. I haven't had JED on my PC since 2002.
MastaX
2005-10-15, 12:19 AM #13
current projects:

-File editor for TIE95
-X-wing series mission converter (TIE -> XvT, XvT -> XWA, TIE -> XWA)
-TIE Bizarro OPT, mainly for testing purposes
-matching missions for TIE and XWA that should be done by tomorrow night
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-15, 12:20 AM #14
I've failed to complete EVERYTHING I've ever started except Oy'glah'th and high school. Literally HUNDREDS of things. :(
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-15, 8:22 AM #15
If my old pc didn't get itself lierally fried, I'd post a pic of my GTK maps folder.
nope.
2005-10-15, 8:27 AM #16
A bunch of stories I thought had good concepts behind them but realise I suck too much to write them :p

↑ Up to the top!