Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Random depression
Random depression
2005-10-15, 8:26 AM #1
Has this ever happened to anyone before?
I had an awsome night, just woke up early had a yummy breakfast bacon and eggs. Getting an early start on a crapload of work I have to do, but that's nothing I ever got down on before. Watched a movie before getting started on my work and about half way through I was just hit with horrible depression for no reason.

I havn't been able to touch my assignments since. I havn't felt this bad in a couple years.
It's pissing me off. I need to get work done but I'm way to depressed to get any thing accomplished.
Not only that, but on Saterdays NO one is around the apartments since everyone works pretty much all day on Saterdays. (Exept three of us) So no humans to cheer me up. Crappy.
2005-10-15, 8:29 AM #2
i get it all the time, even when i was on anti depressants.

I got most depressed after i had been somwhere in town, or drinking, and having fun, then i would suddenly go into a depression.

Last night I came back home, a month after I stopped medicine for my depression, and I got so depressed, and so sad, I started to weep, not full on crying tho, thats not very manly.

And I cant explain it.

Usually, depression is a sign that you are a sad loser and have no life. :(
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-10-15, 8:31 AM #3
i've been depressed for a few years now. it sucks. it comes and goes. it started when i got laid off from where i was working in ottawa and i think i'm slowly coming out of it now. i've got cash to spend and my social life is back to where it once was.

sometimes i would just lay there and do nothing all day. no job, nothing to do... blech.
2005-10-15, 8:32 AM #4
Hmm, that happens to me quite randomly. Two weeks ago or so was probably the last time.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-15, 8:34 AM #5
Both my girlfriend and I are experiencing random spurts of depression. Both of us have parents with seasonal depression, and I blame that.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-15, 9:53 AM #6
I use to experience it, then I forced myself to realize that I'm depressed about stupid small things, and I trained myself to just let them go. It wasn't easy or quick (I had to separate from my GF since she was depressive and brought me down) but most of the time, I don't get depressed easily anymore.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-10-15, 9:59 AM #7
I've been kind of depressed only once in my life, and that's when I took painkillers with beer. Only lasted 10 minutes or so, thank kak.
幻術
2005-10-15, 9:59 AM #8
Sometimes a small depression sprouts up here and there. It can be caused by several reasons, but because I am not a doctor and even if I were, I can't diagnose you over the intarweb, I won't go into it.

However, I do get depressed if I havn't meditated in two or three months or so, just like summer. Feeling depressed is natural however, and aids you in balance of your life.
2005-10-15, 10:04 AM #9
Originally posted by Ruthven:

Yeah, that really helps. -_-
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-10-15, 10:05 AM #10
Originally posted by Ruthven:
I got most depressed after i had been somwhere in town, or drinking, and having fun, then i would suddenly go into a depression.

Yeah, this happens to me a lot as well. I always attributed it to coming down off the buzz =/

Quote:

Yeah :(
2005-10-15, 11:33 AM #11
try suicide
2005-10-15, 11:38 AM #12
It's been happening a lot lately, but I usually get myself back to normal after a bit. No homework gets done, but eh...
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-10-15, 11:40 AM #13
Getting on a server where the players would rather call eachother fags and TK eachother than they would help the team, does not help. Trust me on this.
2005-10-15, 2:03 PM #14
Might I recommend talking to someone in depth about what's going on before jumping on the medication train.

There's a long argument on the pot thread, yet nothing about whether or not anti-depressants should be illegalized.
:master::master::master:
2005-10-15, 8:56 PM #15
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]try suicide[/QUOTE]
shut up. I've never experienced depression, but I have known people who felt really bad, and that is not a funny thing to say.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-10-15, 9:27 PM #16
You were watching Episode 1, weren't you?
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-10-15, 9:47 PM #17
have never experienced this
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-10-15, 10:28 PM #18
No HHGG quotes in this thread yet? For shame...
Stuff
2005-10-16, 1:04 AM #19
When I'm ****ed up, all I can think about is being depressed. Like now. :\
D E A T H
2005-10-16, 11:29 AM #20
It happens to everyone from time to time. Hanging out with friends is usually a cure all for me.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"

↑ Up to the top!