Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Firefox Beta
New Firefox Beta
2005-10-15, 10:52 PM #1
Anyone trying Beta 2 now? I was trying Beta 1 or Firefox 1.5 and I really can't see the diffrence... I like some of the new features, like the get rid of private info menu button that the 1.5 offers... and so far I haven't seen any problems with... or really noticed too many diffrences in the new version... anyone else have any experience with this?
2005-10-15, 10:53 PM #2
I tried 1.5; it wouldn't let me see .swf files for some reason. So I'm still just using 1.0.7.
Stuff
2005-10-16, 6:52 AM #3
I thought I heard the beta was still pretty buggy, so I'm sticking with 1.0.7 for awhile.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-10-16, 7:02 AM #4
I use Deer Park Alpha 2. I <3 it.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-16, 9:31 AM #5
Originally posted by kyle90:
I tried 1.5; it wouldn't let me see .swf files for some reason. So I'm still just using 1.0.7.

I'm using Beta two... have been for a good time too.

As for the swf files not showing in 1.5... do/did you have AdBlock installed?

There's a bug with Both betas that with AdBlock installed, and obj-tabs turned on in the adblock preferences, no swf files would display... they'd play (like you can hear the sounds and such) but you can't see the animation or whatever there may be to be displayed.
2005-10-16, 10:14 AM #6
Yep, that sounds like the problem I was having.
Stuff
2005-10-16, 10:47 AM #7
Yeah, turn off the obj tabs in Adblock's preferences and the problem will vanish.

They're not terribly useful anyways. You can still block SWFs with the status bar button.

Google for Adblock 0.5.2.050, it solves the issue of objtabs with flash in 1.5b1, not in b2 though. Still nice to have the latest version.

Also download the Nightly Tester Tools plugin, it can force any extention to work with your firefox. I've found all but one of my extentions work as they should.

2005-10-16, 10:53 AM #8
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]I use Deer Park Alpha 2. I <3 it.[/QUOTE]
That was superceeded by Firefox 1.5 Beta 1, which was superceeded by Firefox 1.5 Beta 2. Get with the program buddy.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-10-16, 11:58 AM #9
I still use 1.07

Is there anything in this beta that is absolutely to-die-for so that it warrants a download?
一个大西瓜

↑ Up to the top!