Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help wanted! NeS craziness all over!!
Help wanted! NeS craziness all over!!
2005-10-16, 12:00 PM #1
That's right, a NeS thread by Geb. Surprise surprise. This thread asks for your help on two fronts concerning NeS:

NeS on Massassi Radio

There's been expressed interest by some that segments of NeS be read on Massassi Radio. I'm all up for it. However, the question then becomes what parts to read when. Starting from beginning to end seems logical enough, but as anyone who's read page 1 of NeS knows, the early stuff sucks. It just isn't the same. But airing random segments might be harder and more confusing. Perhaps it would be best for there to be a "radio version" of NeS, much like the NeS comic is its own version apart from the story thread. I don't know what would work best -- I'm too close to the subject matter myself to know how NeS should be done on Massassi Radio, but however it works, it needs your help!

Here are some helpful resources:

The Never-ending Story Thread (pages 1-50)

The Never-ending Story Thread^2: NeSquared (pages 51-present)

A Never-ending Story Illustrated (almost covers page 1 so far)

NeS workshop (resource thread for non-story posts and the like)

There's been some "NeS radio" clips done already -- one by Krig the Viking and the others by Victor Van Dort (SAJN_Master). They might be able to offer help. I'm also linking this thread to the writers via the NeS workshop thread, so they should be seeing this and be able to offer their help where needed.

NeS needs new writers!

It's that time again. We've finished a story arc and are now heading into a new one. The thread's updating is slower than I'd like, and it could use fresh material. I was intending to wait until we had "established" a story premise before spamming requests for new writers, but I figure I should just let the new writers go where they want. The first post of the NeS workshop thread includes a mostly-up-to-date update section of what the story premise is, who the main characters are and what they're up to where. It's also a good place to post questions, comments, etc. you may have. Now for some reminders for those of you who don't know better:

1) You DON'T need to read all of NeS to write for it! Very few writers have. Hell, you don't need to read ANY of it before writing for NeS. Just ask JediKirby -- his last post was made after months of missing out, and it sprung a whole new life so far! Reading the last page or so HELPS, but we mostly suggest that so you can understand the style and such.

2) If you do post, KEEP POSTING! It sucks so much when people jump in with great material for a post or two, then dissapear off the face of the planet! If you don't want to write anymore, or if you get busy, let us know in the workshop thread! Speaking of -- Mr. Stafford, Tony, Matterialize, WHERE ARE YOU?

3) This should be obvious, but it's not -- You CAN'T RUIN NeS! So don't worry about posting multiple times in a row, or using characters that aren't your own. If it seems like someone else has something cooking up, but they haven't posted anything about it in a week, just go ahead and write about it! Us older writers are seasoned enough to work our ideas into just about anything.

Here's hoping for NeS craziness to spring up all over again!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-10-16, 12:02 PM #2
Yay for NeS craziness!
2005-10-16, 12:03 PM #3
There's an interactive story board here? I never knew... ;)
Stuff
2005-10-16, 12:10 PM #4
Here, I have Krig's old NeS Radio thing, and also one by SAJN or whoever. Or maybe it was Sarn. I forget now.

http://junk.mzzt.net/NeS_Radio.mp3
http://junk.mzzt.net/NeS_radio2.mp3

I like the first version best. Second one has a better explosion SFX though. :)

[Edit: Whoops, I swore that was a second version of the same one. I'm pretty sure it's Sarn's though. I have the second version somewhere maybe.]

2005-10-16, 12:12 PM #5
Just post.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-16, 12:14 PM #6
http://nesradio.sorrowind.net/audio/

Contains all the previously done nes radio bits.
2005-10-16, 12:17 PM #7
CM's beats mine, nm.

CM's NeS.mp3 == NeS_radio2.mp3. Mine is incomplete though.

2005-10-16, 12:54 PM #8
You know Geb, I've mentioned several times that I've been stuck with UCAS stuff. Even in the bizarre possibly semi-real maybestorypostthing.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-10-16, 12:56 PM #9
Sorry Tony, I forgot. I remember now.

You should still post.

<_<
>_>

;)
2005-10-16, 1:33 PM #10
Noble Outlaw almost got me to jump in ages ago.

Then I realised I suck at writing.
nope.
2005-10-16, 1:42 PM #11
Several times I though about taking part in NeS...

posibly...
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2005-10-16, 2:04 PM #12
I should have also said this:

You do not need to be good at writing to write for NeS!

:p
2005-10-16, 2:11 PM #13
Originally posted by Gebohq:
I should have also said this:

You do not need to be good at writing to write for NeS!

:p

Look at that second Incarnation of "Life in the massassi temple".

The first 2/3 posts show the best that I can write. I suck.
nope.
2005-10-16, 2:18 PM #14
Quote:
Edit: Whoops, I swore that was a second version of the same one. I'm pretty sure it's Sarn's though.
Heh, thanks for the credit, but for the record it's not mine. Cheers.
[Wait.. It's my post.. but not my voice.]
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-16, 2:21 PM #15
I looked over them. You don't suck. This is why I have to tell people that writing skill does not matter -- not only DOESN'T it matter in NeS, but most of the time I get people thinking they suck at writing when they don't. It's like that annoying artist syndrome... :p
2005-10-16, 4:28 PM #16
Originally posted by Gebohq:
I looked over them. You don't suck. This is why I have to tell people that writing skill does not matter -- not only DOESN'T it matter in NeS, but most of the time I get people thinking they suck at writing when they don't. It's like that annoying artist syndrome... :p

Exactly. And plus, I already killed Writers Block for you losers!

http://nes.sorrowind.net/comic.php?id=21

Bwahahaha.

(You can thank Jim for doing the dirty work, I just captured the beautiful moment)
2005-10-16, 5:04 PM #17
I'm perfectly willing to voice me, if you'd like. ;)
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-10-16, 5:34 PM #18
OK, Fine... Here is the deal, Give me a story thread, a post to start from, and any "important" rules. Give it to me in a clean and easy to use form, and ill try writing a bit for NeS...
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2005-10-16, 5:37 PM #19
West Wind, just read a few of the more recent posts and jump into a scenario. It's not too difficult. Any plot holes can be explained later :p
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-16, 5:52 PM #20
Originally posted by Boco:
Look at that second Incarnation of "Life in the massassi temple".

The first 2/3 posts show the best that I can write. I suck.

So? My first NeS posts sucked. As I wrote more I got better.

It helps if you're familiar with Douglas Adams' work too. :p

2005-10-16, 6:09 PM #21
Geb wears pants on fridays, but not on saturdays. Paradox.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-17, 10:29 AM #22
I'd like to crawl out of the ISB for a moment to point out that anyone interested in writing now has the opportunity to get on the ground floor of a part of NeS which will mostly involve the God of War and an Oversized Cat that will eat just about anything as they travel in Ares' Viper across the American desert in search of a 7-11 that has slurpees, hot dogs, catnip, and pizza. If that's not a recipie for hilarity/insanity, I don't know what is. So, come on down. Or something.
Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt.
2005-10-17, 2:24 PM #23
yeah what they all said!

*ducks geb's cries of anger at non postage when its already written out.*

also, i'd do some voice work if necessary, give me a script i'll do what i can.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-10-18, 6:14 AM #24
[QUOTE=The Mega-ZZTer]So? My first NeS posts sucked. As I wrote more I got better.

It helps if you're familiar with Douglas Adams' work too. :p[/QUOTE]

If you look at my first post in said thread I rip off the talking elevators from Restaraunt at the end of the universe. Hurrah!
nope.
2005-10-19, 9:52 AM #25
So who's going to take a stab at the NeS radio then?

↑ Up to the top!